Bills reported to interview or connected to teams for HC (Daboll) or GM(Schoen / Boyd) positions

MAJBobby

I figured it would be easier just starting one thread on this, as it is that time of year these reports start coming out.  I suggest placing the reports here it would be much easier and cleaner.  Similar to the UDFA signing thread.    Coaches might not hear news for a bit, with the NFL RULE of no talking to them until 2 weeks before SB.  I am not sure that rule exists for the FO personnel, but bye the looks of it, there is no rule.  So far what I am tracking is:

Ast. GM Joe Schoen (ATL, CAR, WAS)

Dir of Pro Personnel Malike Boyd (Texans) - Will being a 3rd if this hire was to happen. 

OC Brian Daboll (LAC, NYJ, JAX)  

Edited by MAJBobby

Sounds like we are going to be completely raided this offseason 

I guess this is what good teams have to go thru but a bit annoying the 1 year we have a good season teams are already trying to steal our guys. Wish Pegula could just give these guys absurd raises and keep them here. Reminder there is no salary cap on coaches. 

Sorry to slightly go off on a tangent in the first rpley but I have a question for @YoloinOhio and any of our other Buckeye fans.... are there NFL names we should be keeping an eye on for Urban's staff in Jax? I am intrigued to see what that staff looks like. Just thinking back to that Saban staff in Miami and he had 3 future NFL Head Coaches on his first staff. Scott Linehan who got the Detroit job the next year, I think he gave Jason Garrett his first NFL coaching job, Dann Quin another future HC was on that staff and then some older hands like George Edwards, Richard Smith and the old Cowboys OL coach.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One thread for subjects like this.........and 20 threads of random hair-brained thoughts on the first page?

Sounds about right.:thumbsup:

Yea but will the Jets hold onto Bradford? 

• Haha (+1) 3

I find the Carolina gig to be intriguing. 
Lot of rumors they’ll lose Brady. 
Rhule is said to have full control now so the GM job is basically payroll only for the most part. I also find the analytics part a little interesting. Going to take someone really interested in analytics to take that job it sounds or they’ll just clash with Rhule. 

10 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Sounds like we are going to be completely raided this offseason 

I guess this is what good teams have to go thru but a bit annoying the 1 year we have a good season teams are already trying to steal our guys. Wish Pegula could just give these guys absurd raises and keep them here. Reminder there is no salary cap on coaches. 

It sucks but for a lot of these guys it's the opportunity of the lifetime to get one of these jobs. A major bump in salary probably isn't enough to compensate for the power and prominence of some of these roles.

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sorry to slightly go off on a tangent in the first rpley but I have a question for @YoloinOhio and any of our other Buckeye fans.... are there NFL names we should be keeping an eye on for Urban's staff in Jax? I am intrigued to see what that staff looks like. Just thinking back to that Saban staff in Miami and he had 3 future NFL Head Coaches on his first staff. Scott Linehan who got the Detroit job the next year, I think he gave Jason Garrett his first NFL coaching job, Dann Quin another future HC was on that staff and then some older hands like George Edwards, Richard Smith and the old Cowboys OL coach.

Yea but will the Jets hold onto Bradford? 

Well this little tidbit IMO is going to hurt both the GM and HC search In JAX.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Well this little tidbit IMO is going to hurt both the GM and HC search In JAX.

Got to believe that he is willing to give roster control to Urban. Otherwise can't see Urban taking that job. He is just making sure GMs know it isn't going to be their show. 

• MAJBobby changed the title to Bills reported to interview or connected to teams for HC (Daboll) or GM(Schoen / Boyd) positions
2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One thread for subjects like this.........and 20 threads of random hair-brained thoughts on the first page?

Sounds about right.:thumbsup:

Speaking of which, what teams are talking to Diamond Doug Whaley?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Speaking of which, what teams are talking to Diamond Doug Whaley?

Ask @Simon.    After the "7-9 not good enough" press conference he couldn't have been fired soon enough.........and then literally wasn't fired soon enough for whatever reason.

Not sure what the fixation with Whaley is around here is though............he was a pawn in the Buddy/Pegula/Russ/Marrone/Rex buffoonery in that period............a road scout hired by a road scout for an administrative position who himself had been hired by an old man whose rep was so tarnished from mistreating his managers that he couldn't get anyone fully qualified to come work for him.    Ralph's GM's were scouts,  his HC's were assistant coaches.