Bills 17th game will be against the NFC East winner next year

Big Turk

We are so gonna kick their azsez! In fact it will be a breeze... 👍

54 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

How dare you call them the Red.....?  Just kidding Estro.  I’m having a hard time with this name change too, not because sensitivity wise it’s the right thing, but just pick a damn name already.

And every time I see "WFT" I miss read it in my mind, change is hard.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Albert Breer reporting the AFC East has a crossover division with the NFC South and 1 game against the NFC East where you play the team in the same position as you were the year before.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/31/kansas-city-chiefs-vs-green-bay-packers-2021-17th-game/

thiswas confirmed a few days ago when they said 17thgame and said it would be placement game against an NFC division.  The logical choice is to match against the 2019 and 2023 division match ups for 2021 , west in 22 south in 23 north in 24

5 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

So 9 home games 8 away?

at one time the 17th game was thought to be out of the country (mexico city, london, toronto :|, places like that) .. not sure how the league gins all that up in the covid world with only 8-9 months until next season, but that was one thought back during the CBA negotiations.  this way, no team has home field advantage

9 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

at one time the 17th game was thought to be out of the country (mexico city, london, toronto :|, places like that) .. not sure how the league gins all that up in the covid world with only 8-9 months until next season, but that was one thought back during the CBA negotiations.  this way, no team has home field advantage

Could just have many of the games at Jacksonville. Pretty much a neutral field there the rest of the time.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

My fault! I read it wrong...the full crossover is against the NFC South...our 1 game extra is against the NFC East...meaning WFT, Giants or Cowboys depending on what happens Sunday...

Do Cowboys on Thanksgiving?

Damm I was kind of hoping for Green Bay and Rodgers matchup.  Guess we'll just have to settle for it in this years Super Bowl. 

Would have been nice to as if the schedule works out that they play again the following year, the NFL will sometimes try and make the Thursday night season opener for the SB champs into a rematch.  Guess that won't happen either unless Washington or Dallas get really hot!

Will say overall next year is the Bills best window as playing a fairly easier schedule.  Brees and Big Ben may be retiring, one of these years Brady will finally show his age, Indy who knows who their QB will be, Rivers or maybe Wentz.  Now throw in the NFC east game makes it easier.  Will still have KC and Tenn to contend with, both on the road I thought, but overall not too difficult and much less travel, furthest trip to KC?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch