Jets fans are not happy about winning today

RobbRiddick

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Honest Question: Why do you think that?

I'm not trying to condescend - Just genuinely curious..  I hear the same thing from many media types.  Is it just because he played well at Alabama?... because that seems to be what others base it on.  

In the NFL, he has shown me absolutely nothing.  I think he's been a joke so far this year.  I get that it's his rookie year, but all he does are the routine QB plays that most low-level/high back-up level QB's can provide.  Anything above and beyond that, any medium-high level throw, he hasn't shown he can make at this level, and the arm strength looks very problematic, unless it's still a function of his coming back from injury.  

I saw the talent watching him for a couple of years at Alabama. He's seems like a smart kid, is athletic enough, and accurate to all levels of the field. The only questions I had were his arm strength, how it would translate to the NFL, and if he could remain healthy. To me personally, it seems like his arm is weaker than it was at Alabama. His throws don't seem to have the same zip on them. It could have something to do with the hip injury and not being able to get the same torque from his lower body, idk. If he is in a timing system where the reads develop quickly then I think he can be successful. I just don't think he'll ever be one of those guys who is out there throwing 20-30 yard ropes through tight windows. He could end up being a 2nd tier type of QB, he could end up as a backup, or he could wash out entirely. Right now I am betting on the Tua I saw at Alabama and thinking he ends up a 2nd tier QB, as long as there is good coaching around him and he is in the right system for his skillset. 

On 12/28/2020 at 1:48 PM, Success said:

They should stick w/ Darnold.  He can be a very good QB and still live up to his draft expectations - they have given him almost nothing to work with, and he needs better coaching.

They'll probably still draft a QB, though.  

Its really been the talent josh had to work with year 1 for darnolds entire career.  As much as we all dislike the jets you've gotta feel bad for the kid

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/27/2020 at 5:58 PM, RobbRiddick said:

This is the first post I just saw on Gang Green:

"First, f*** the day I became a Jets fan.

Second, f*** this world that allowed you to become Jets owners.

Third, f*** your brian cells for allowing Jags to pick #1 in the upcoming draft.

Lastly, f*** my life for giving you my hard earned money.

F***ck you Johnson brothers, f*** you."

Almost poetic.

Well I feel like the "brian" cells should fall under "a prerequisite to become a Jets fan".