Week 16: Saturday Games Thread TB at Detroit, SF at Zona, Mia at LV nightcap

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

i think it works but Only if you are playing for a walkoff field goal.  Raiders left 22 seconds on the clock.

interesting how both the Raiders and Liberty blew off the easy TD and one loses outright, the other didn’t end up scoring at all and was fortunate to win in OT

Liberty fumbled the ball on the one foot line because the RB didn't want to score but his linemen tried to push him over the goal line. Sometime didn't get the memo. Bizarre game, of course so was the Raiders game.

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Also...is it normal of QBs to skip post game press conferences if they are injured? Kyler Murray skipped it and I am wondering how much of it was actually due to injury versus simply not wanting to have to speak to the media.

I think Kyler had a flare up of Affluenza Entitlementisis at the end there.  He has been known to suffer from this in the past but it was hoped it was one of those conditions he would outgrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wow , I recorded the end of the Miami game right after Aghalor scored his TD. Just watched it now. That was one of the more comically entertaining last 5 minutes of football I have seen in a long time. Gruden should be firing himself and the Raiders just epically choked their playoff chances away. Fitz is literally a QB out of a movie.  Just a money finish by him yet again. I'm not sure that I have ever seen a player in football who can play so brilliantly and then poorly. A guy who can be so clutch and yet blow it at the worst moment.  I cannot think of any of other QB like him ever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Wow , I recorded the end of the Miami game right after Aghalor scored his TD. Just watched it now. That was one of the more comically entertaining last 5 minutes of football I have seen in a long time. Gruden should be firing himself and the Raiders just epically choked their playoff chances away. Fitz is literally a QB out of a movie.  Just a money finish by him yet again. I'm not sure that I have ever seen a player in football who can play so brilliantly and then poorly. A guy who can be so clutch and yet blow it at the worst moment.  I cannot think of any of other QB like him ever.

I got home in time to turn it on just seconds before the Agholor TD; that was fortunate timing. :lol:

And that description makes him sound sort of like a Flutie. 

Aside from the fact I'd like to slap Flutie but have beers with Fitz.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

I think Kyler had a flare up of Affluenza Entitlementisis at the end there.  He has been known to suffer from this in the past but it was hoped it was one of those conditions he would outgrow.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/26/kyler-murray-injury-chase-edmonds-leg-arizona-cardinals/

Players who are injured during the game are not required to speak to the press post-game.

6 hours ago, Boxcar said:

The Dolphins are an easy out. I don't know why we'd pretend differently. They just aren't very good and we should be hoping to play them round one. The Steelers are also looking like an easy out.

Outside of that, the Browns struggle to beat good teams, who knows what you get with Baltimore, the Colts are decent but not scary. Titans and Chiefs are easily the most worrisome competition.

As of 10:30 am Sunday 12/27 the Dolphins are leading the league in ppg allowed with 19

That's largely because they lead the league in take-aways but the point remains: they're pretty good at defense.

A lot of people who know football seem to claim that if you play a team twice it's harder to win the 2nd time much less the 3rd.

6 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Fitzpatrick for HOF!

On 12/26/2020 at 11:36 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

Sign Fitz to backup Allen next season please. Bring him back home. 

If I’m Fitz, I’m staying in Miami.  He’ll get to start again, he’ll be in better weather and he won’t get state income tax, which is a helluva difference!  Buffalo is not exactly where any back up QB with desire to play should be coming.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:39 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As of 10:30 am Sunday 12/27 the Dolphins are leading the league in ppg allowed with 19

That's largely because they lead the league in take-aways but the point remains: they're pretty good at defense.

A lot of people who know football seem to claim that if you play a team twice it's harder to win the 2nd time much less the 3rd.

Tell the Patriots how hard is was to beat Buffalo over 90% of the time for 20 years straight.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If I’m Fitz, I’m staying in Miami.  He’ll get to start again, he’ll be in better weather and he won’t get state income tax, which is a helluva difference!  Buffalo is not exactly where any back up QB with desire to play should be coming.

Tell the Patriots how hard is was to beat Buffalo over 90% of the time for 20 years straight.

Somehow I don't think referencing the results of the team coached by possibly the GOAT coach, and QB'd by possibly the GOAT QB, in one of the most dominating matchups ever, is a great way to bolster your case.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

All backup QB's first option is either place where there's an open competition for the starting QB slot or next where the starter is on shaky ground. i.e. 2019 Tenn with Mariota as the starter so Tannerhill went there.  If both of those options fail, the ngo anyplace that wants you even if you know the only way you'll get to play is in blowouts, or injury. 

So agree Fitz is only coming here if he's down to option #3, but he's good enough that unlikely that will happen as he'll get a better option someplace, Miami certainly being one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Somehow I don't think referencing the results of the team coached by possibly the GOAT coach, and QB'd by possibly the GOAT QB, in one of the most dominating matchups ever, is a great way to bolster your case.

If the Bills are a Super Bowl team, they shouldn’t be fearing the 🎣