Poyer Pro Bowl Snub - Stats on how he stacks up and Poll

Alphadawg7

Which Bills D player deserved Pro Bowl most?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 3 Bills defensive players deserved the Pro Bowl most?

• Poyer
    • White
    • Edmunds

I voted for Poyer because his consistency has saved a few games this year. Particularly early in the year when it felt like he was the only player making stops on third down. However, I think he may not have received as much of the player vote because he doesn’t dramatically influence schemes like some of the other players. He’s overshadowed in this defense by Tre who has a penchant for icing games with interceptions. Poyer by contrast is consistently good and scheming for him may be related to cracking the code on how he and Hyde work together as a duo. Let’s not forget that Hyde was second team all-pro in 17’ and that may also influence voters.

I’m not sure if I get the Edmunds selection considering how he played. Perhaps it was name recognition coupled with national media commenting on how his shoulder was injured early in the year. 🤷‍♂️. The kid is a physical freak though and he started playing up to his talent in nationally televised games right before the voting. 

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

There’s little reason for the Ravens to be sending league most as well 

In fairness two of them are their long snapper and their fullback. I mean I have no idea who should go to the pro bowl at those spots nor do I really care. Of the remainder the one that sticks out to me as probably unjustified is Matt Judon... but Orlando Brown, Marlon Humphrey and Justin Tucker are all absolutely justified and there is a strong argument for Calais Campbell. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m not sure if I get the Edmunds selection considering how he played. Perhaps it was name recognition coupled with national media commenting on how his shoulder was injured early in the year. 🤷‍♂️. The kid is a physical freak though and he started playing up to his talent in nationally televised games right before the voting. 

The other factor is MLB is a spot where the AFC is definitely weaker than the NFC. Once you get past Darius Leonard you are struggling for slam dunks and with Devin Bush done for the year it opens a door for Edmunds with his improved 2nd half of the season.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness two of them are their long snapper and their fullback. I mean I have no idea who should go to the pro bowl at those spots nor do I really care. Of the remainder the one that sticks out to me as probably unjustified is Matt Judon... but Orlando Brown, Marlon Humphrey and Justin Tucker were are absolutely justified and there is a strong argument for Calais Campbell. 

Calais Campbell over DeForest Buckner is a joke 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The other factor is MLB is a spot where the AFC is definitely weaker than the NFC. Once you get past Darius Leonard you are struggling for slam dunks and with Devin Bush done for the year it opens a door for Edmunds with his improved 2nd half of the season.

It is. To be honest I haven’t paid too much attention to MLBs on other afc teams if it hasn’t been during a Bills game. Really didn’t realize how weak the position is in the AFC right now. 

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really think you need an "all of the above" option on the vote.  I didn't vote for that reason.

I think Poyer deserves the probowl but I can't overlook the impact of White and Edmunds.

If I had to pick two it would be White and Poyer, because Edmunds most certainly did not play at a high level all season.  But not to underestimate the impact of his resurgence on the improved D

I did vote for Poyer, but you’re right.  I know the author isn’t suggesting, but if it had to be a flip, it would be Poyer for Edmunds because of the above comments.  Edmunds has completely turned things around whereas Poyer has been a bright light all year.