The Bills are 5-3 vs Teams w/ Winning Records (Opposite of 2019)

BigDingus

Last year, the biggest knock on us was our record was due to the easiest schedule in the league, going 2-4 against teams with winning records at the time we played them. 

Those 2 wins were against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving (who finished the season 8-8) and a 17-10 victory against the Delvin Hodges-lead Steelers (who also finished 8-8).

Fast-forward to this season, and everything has changed dramatically. Aside from having far less doormats for opponents on the schedule, we have already won games against the following:

1) Dolphins (8-5) - 2nd in the division

2) Rams (9-4) - Leaders in the division

3) Raiders (7-6)

4) Seahawks (9-4) - 2nd in the division

5) Steelers (11-2) - Leaders in the division

That's a combined record of 44-21. Also worth noting, the only teams we've lost to also have winning records. The Chiefs (12-1 & NFL's best record), Titans (9-4 & leading their division) and the Cardinals (7-6). Unlike last year, there's not a single loss against a team with a losing record (we lost to the 6-10 Browns & the 7-9 Jets in 2019, though Allen didn't play the Jets game).

This team is MAJORLY improved, especially in terms of their mentality imo. Many people doubted us last year, myself included, as racking up wins on bottom feeders (sometimes barely escaping with wins) didn't inspire much confidence. But in 2020, we've already proved we can hang with the competition. 5-3 against teams with winning records, and only one big loss, this team can hang with anyone.

If you're like me and suffer from Bills PTSD, it's understandable if you constantly have a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude. Thing is they've already shown us all we need to see. This is a much improved team, and it's not just because we added Stefon Diggs 😉

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Of course he does? lol

Also, I'd like to throw this wonderful snapshot out there for the record

Bills vs Chiefs Comparison.jpg

wow.  those are stats that can lift an eyebrow.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TUBSTER said:

Nick Wright doesn't think so... I'm not sure if I would trust him too much though, considering he's probably never watched a Bills game in his life 🤣

nick wright needs to be treated like a prison B word.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TUBSTER said:

Nick Wright doesn't think so... I'm not sure if I would trust him too much though, considering he's probably never watched a Bills game in his life 🤣

I didn't know he existed until a week ago.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

We really should be 6-2 against winning teams... At the same time, I think that Hail Mary loss followed by a Bye week to stew on it and get better has really lit a fire in this team's belly. 

Agreed 100%

The best thing is we're finding different ways to win games, even if everything isn't going well.

Chargers: Allen not having the best game passing, establish the run & put up 172 rushing yards!

49ers: What's rushing? Just throw for nearly 400 yards & 4 TD's!
Steelers: Defense stifling us in the 1st half, ok, our defense can do that too! Halftime adjustments happen, voila! Offense is back as well :)

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Agreed 100%

The best thing is we're finding different ways to win games, even if everything isn't going well.

Chargers: Allen not having the best game passing, establish the run & put up 172 rushing yards!

49ers: What's rushing? Just throw for nearly 400 yards & 4 TD's!
Steelers: Defense stifling us in the 1st half, ok, our defense can do that too! Halftime adjustments happen, voila! Offense is back as well :)

I think we need a change of mindset in how we interpret when things aren't easy sailing. Everything isn't always about Josh's play. Sometimes the other team's defense plays really good for potions of a game, like the Chargers and  Steelers. So it was less about Bad Josh / Good Josh and more about a really good defensive performance and the adjustments we make to overcome it. 

The only AFC teams that worry me are the two we lost to.  If we have to play the Titans, can we stop Henry?  Maybe we can, now that Edmunds and Milano are both at full speed.  If we have to play the Chiefs, can we stop all their guys at the same time?  Well, sure, maybe, but it will be a struggle.

If the seeding and then the elimination process work out so we have to play only one of those teams, we have a decent chance at the SB, and if we get there, we win.  The Bills are better than any of the NFC teams.

2 hours ago, teef said:

i wonder if josh allen had anything to do with this.

Ya Diggs?

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought point differential proved after week 8 we were missing the playoffs? 

Where is @High Football IQ these days anyway? Must be playing with the ESPN playoff machine to work out a way the Dolphins can still win the AFC East. Bless him.

my guess is he’s on the naughty list 

temp / perm ban

MIA for 17 days 

• Like (+1) 2