Closing politics boards elsewhere

shoshin

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That is the republican way 100%. That is funny.

Almost as if he is describing DR and the cult.

Unless you can post evidence of that I'm sorry but that doesn't fly. 

I however, have 65 notifications just from you alone where you demonstrate 1-3 almost all the time.  And you also have actually said word for word part 2 number 2 at least 10 times just to me.  "No one agrees with you" (a staple of yours) is pretty much the same as "everyone agrees with me."  

I can put an entire post together of that if you'd like.   

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Unless you can post evidence of that I'm sorry but that doesn't fly. 

I however, have 65 notifications just from you alone where you demonstrate 1-3 almost all the time.  And you also have actually said word for word part 2 number 2 at least 10 times just to me.  "No one agrees with you" (a staple of yours) is pretty much the same as "everyone agrees with me."  

I can put an entire post together of that if you'd like.   

Dude I was agreeing with you that's is how those cult members act. They do it with everything even Fox news when Fox isn't 100% Trump they attack it.

Don't get so worked up...

DR wouldn't have been banned if he wasn't following that list...

You don't like the way I act yet I am doing the same ***** they did to people here before they ran away in shame.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

Dude I was agreeing with you that's is how those cult members act. They do it with everything even Fox news when Fox isn't 100% Trump they attack it.

Don't get so worked up...

I think you are over looking (amazing you are demonstrating part I rule I right it's hilarious "willfully misrepresent what your opponents say") these are tactics the WOKE (illeberal crowd) use.  

I know of ZERO conservatives that want anyone silenced or canceled.  I know or ZERO conservatives misrepresenting what the left argues.  I know of zero conservatives that insult you to the point you want to leave the discussion bc you see it's not worth your time.  These rules are funny and clearly triggered you bc you know he's right.   

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think you are over looking (amazing you are demonstrating part I rule I right it's hilarious "willfully misrepresent what your opponents say") these are tactics the WOKE (illeberal crowd) use.  

I know of ZERO conservatives that want anyone silenced or canceled.  I know or ZERO conservatives misrepresenting what the left argues.  I know of zero conservatives that insult you to the point you want to leave the discussion bc you see it's not worth your time.  These rules are funny and clearly triggered you bc you know he's right.   

No they arent they are exact word for word the things the extremist right aka Trumpsters have been doing the whole time.

I don't care what you claim to know it's b.c you agree with them and you are their side is why you don't see it.

Your re actually displaying it right now by trying to tell me I am wrong when on election day that is exactly what was happening. Hell it still happens with Unforgiven and Big Guns.

DR, B-Man all displayed the same thing.

The whole Trump election fraud is that tweet word for word.

Edited by TBBills

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Donald J Trump.  However I agree that he really isn't a conservative.  He was racking up $1 Trillion deficits per year even before Covid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Donald J Trump.  However I agree that he really isn't a conservative.  He was racking up $1 Trillion deficits per year even before Covid.

You're confusing your definition of "lying" by a politician with people engaged in political debate one on one between individuals.

20 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Well hopefully he can bring peace. Regardless of what he says, people are set in their ways. Whatever Trump said or did to divide the country was equally reciprocated by those on the other side.

I agree with this...people forget that the Tea Party was created in 2008 when Obama was elected, and 537 votes in Florida separated Bush and Gore...so the country has been this divided for at least 20 years imo...

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree with this...people forget that the Tea Party was created in 2008 when Obama was elected, and 537 votes in Florida separated Bush and Gore...so the country has been this divided for at least 20 years imo...

Jim Mattis on Donald Trump - "Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us,"

John Kelly on Donald Trump - "The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,"

Don't lump Bush or Obama in with Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Jim Mattis on Donald Trump - "Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us,"

John Kelly on Donald Trump - "The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,"

I never claimed or attempted to lump them all in together... I simply stated that the country has been divided for a good while now...

40 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I never claimed or attempted to lump them all in together... I simply stated that the country has been divided for a good while now...

I disagree on the timeline Bush v. Gore was a close election but weren't divided like this not even close. The tea party bit is accurate, this swell of populism came up with it from the recession, Obama getting elected, and gay marriage being made legal.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Dam right General bc we're in de facto civil war in case you haven't noticed.  

What would "unite" the American people?  Maybe 98% of "news" outlets not be dominated by far leftist and Maoists would be a start.  Can the left legit tell you with a straight face there are only 2 genders?  Can the left tell you that we should not abolish police or be teaching critical race theory in schools or having drag queens read story time to 1st graders in Massachusetts?  Does that all seem unifying to you, General?  

You just don't get it.  Thanks to people getting glued to this crap 24/7/365 on their Social media feeds of choice, thanks to America post Citizens United, the flood gates have been opened to where only total victory from each side is acceptable.  

1. You must dunk on your enemy on the internet all day.

2. You can only support your party's far left flank or far right flank or you will be primaried. 

You know how the left feels about Trump?  That's exactly how the right feels about Obama.  To try and say one is more divisive then the other is pointless.  It doesn't matter bc we could elect Mr. Rodgers as President and he will be immediately hated by half the country. 

So I'll ask again, what exactly is supposed to be unifying about Biden?   

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You can only support your party's far left flank or far right flank or you will be primaried. 

So you as a voter could support the candidate that isn't furthest to the left (for Democrats) or right (for Republicans).

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You know how the left feels about Trump?  That's exactly how the right feels about Obama.  To try and say one is more divisive then the other is pointless.  It doesn't matter bc we could elect Mr. Rodgers as President and he will be immediately hated by half the country.  

You can make a decision to look at the man, what he is saying and doing and tuning out the media, left or right.

The person holding the office does matter.  No former DOD Secretary or Chief of Staff has been as critical of the man they served because Trump is uniquely flawed, largely by his choice.

Unified.  My God public education has failed so many of you.  

Colonial Era:  Everyone had deep animosity to folks of other religious beliefs.  Rhode Island was formed because the folks there faced religious persecution.....in Massachusetts.

Revolutionary Era:  1/3 for, 1/3 remain, 1/3 opposed.  

Hamilton vs Jefferson and the Bank.  Our first political parties!  Yay!

Adams:  Passed bills that silenced opposition and jailed anyone that criticized his administration.  The Alien and Sedition Acts.  

War of 1812:  Much of the country had zero interest in another war.   Its been called Mr. Madison's war.

MO Compromise 1820:  We had to create a state that was free (Maine) because Missouri was coming in as a slave state.  

Nullification Crisis:  SC almost seceded in 1832 and were almost joined by VA and GA

Mexican- American War 1846:  Polk sends in troops to deliberately provoke Mexico.  Little known politician at the time named Abraham Lincoln demanded to know the exact spot the alleged first shots fired by Mexico took place.  

Civil War:  I mean really?

Segregation:  See above 

WWI and Communist revolution in Russia:  Humanity will not see death and threats like this to freedom again until the Great Flu Outbreak of 2020.

FDR:  Tried to pack the Courts.  Was stopped by his own party 

1960s:  Yea.

1980:  Reagan Revolution up thru 1996.  Only time in the last 200 years I think you can honestly say this was the least politically divisive Era in American history.  But socially, abortion civil rights (think Rodney King) are very real problems.  

2001:  we were unified until we went to a war Trump called a mistake and Biden supported in 2003.  But I digress 

Sorry that's my simplified version of U.S. political history.  Those eras or events just didn't have the emotionally engaging 24/7 blessing that is the internet.  

And btw....you're un American if you read our history and you get enraged and think we are the problem.  

You're a real American if you understand our history and why despite the warts we're the greatest gift to the history of the planet.  And we need to do all we can to keep it that way.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Trump movement was not and is not Right against Left. It would best be labeled as Out against In. The concern that many have is that we may never get an outsider again. 

An outsider is one thing.  A pathologic personality like Trump's is another.

17 hours ago, Scraps said:

How can any Pres. Dem or Republican avoid a deficit when they continually raise the debt ceiling & come up with hair brain schemes of free this & free that they made it so they could print as much money as they want when they did away with the gold standard . If i could just write checks with no money I'd have lots of toys .

If they start out by playing the game and making up their own rules like getting rid of the gold standard and such this country will never be out of debt sure you can make it look good on paper but in reality just like most everything else with a politician it's more than likely a lie or some kind of deception .

So lets try keeping track of how much the deficit goes up next 4 yrs especially when "FREE HEALTH CARE" and forgiving student loans are put in the mix .

When the Federal gov't runs out of money the first thing that needs to happen is all them JA that sit in seats in DC need to be sent home with out pay they can sit home and dream up ways to make the US a utopia ... 

Then they can see what it's like to live under the rules they make like the rest of us !! 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

An outsider is one thing.  A pathologic personality like Trump's is another.

Oh for heaven’s sake. Is he coming over to your house for dinner? Is he dating your daughter? I’m all for unity as much as the next guy, but somebody has to fix the corruption in Washington. You need to break some eggs to make an omelette. 

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh for heaven’s sake. Is he coming over to your house for dinner? Is he dating your daughter? I’m all for unity as much as the next guy, but somebody has to fix the corruption in Washington. You need to break some eggs to make an omelette. 

He is a narcissistic con man who right now is trying to tear down our democracy by making false accusations about the election.

You want unity and to break corruption (as if his administration has done either)?  We need a viable third party and/or have those in the middle politically (like you and me I suspect) take the country back from the fringe lunatics. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Getting Trump out is the first step. Instead of draining the swamp he learned to become Swamp Thing.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh for heaven’s sake. Is he coming over to your house for dinner? Is he dating your daughter? 

No and neither is the Zodiac Killer but I don’t want him as my president. 

Threatening democracy is not a way to clean up corruption. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

No echo chamber here.

:lol:

He has Congressmen threatening to try and uproot a free and fair election, all because his ego can’t take that he lost.  That should concern any American citizen.  Laugh if you want but I guess you don’t take freedom and the Constitution seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He has Congressmen threatening to try and uproot a free and fair election, all because his ego can’t take that he lost.  That should concern any American citizen.  Laugh if you want but I guess you don’t take freedom and the Constitution seriously.

Texas AG talks about secession.

Michael Flynn advocates treason.

but no clearly there is nothing we should be worried about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Don't care. In fact, think a split would be beneficial, along with population transfers.

Didn't worry about that during the "NOT MY PRESIDENT !!!1!1!! era, though no? Or the united States of Canada/jesusland thing...

Hm.

You don’t care about the country.  I do.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:47 PM, Big Blitz said:

So, you have no friends. We all knew that! 

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh give it up with this talking point about ‘threatening democracy’. That’s just silly.

Yeah, the sitting president is suing to overturn elections with evidence that doesn’t hold up in courts and calls state legislators to convince them to send different electors and more. 

I’d say that’s a threat to democracy. Just because the courts, governors, and legislators held firm doesn’t mean that a potus and his supporters were no threat. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, shoshin said:

Yeah, the sitting president is suing to overturn elections with evidence that doesn’t hold up in courts and calls state legislators to convince them to send different electors and more. 

I’d say that’s a threat to democracy. Just because the courts, governors, and legislators held firm doesn’t mean that a potus and his supporters were no threat. 

And all of this after the Democrats boycotted his inauguration, called him illegitimate, impeached him, tore up his State of the Union address, trashed his nominees, told Americans he was a traitor......need I go on? Come on Man! 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

And all of this after the Democrats boycotted his inauguration, called him illegitimate, impeached him, tore up his State of the Union address, trashed his nominees, told Americans he was a traitor......need I go on? Come on Man! 

I think there were very few Democrats who boycotted his inauguration or called him illegitimate.  Most of their complaints were that he lost the majority vote.  At least they had a rational based on democratic norms for those positions.  As far as him being impeached, well if he hadn't used taxpayer funds to extort an ally, that wouldn't have happened.  The rest just stinks of politics and whining, which Trump and the Trumptards excel at.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Heaping bad on bad is not good. The sitting POTUS has actively tried to overturn an election because he lost. 

Call out all the BS, not just some of it. To quote you, "Come on Man!" 

4 hours ago, shoshin said:

Heaping bad on bad is not good. The sitting POTUS has actively tried to overturn an election because he lost. 

Call out all the BS, not just some of it. To quote you, "Come on Man!" 

The last sitting President actually spied on the current sitting President...come on man. 

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

And the current president's actions? 

He’s able to offer up any challenges he wants up until the process says not. I work in a public bid arena. Bidders challenge bids all the time. But....when time is up...that’s it. Likewise, Hilary shouldn’t have been going around saying Trump was illegitimate for the last four years. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He’s able to offer up any challenges he wants up until the process says not. I work in a public bid arena. Bidders challenge bids all the time. But....when time is up...that’s it. Likewise, Hilary shouldn’t have been going around saying Trump was illegitimate for the last four years. 

Whataboutism.

So you supported the Russia investigation then? It was allowed after all.