The Ike Boettger appreciation thread

GunnerBill

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

'

Would you already say Boettger is already better than Quentin Nelson?  I think I'm there now...watcha think?

How about this - I definitely think on MNF this week Ike outplayed Quentin, but I will only speak for the one game where only Ike played.

He does have a Chance to outplay Quentin on Sunday Night Football this week also as long as the Colts game is not delayed until 8 pm.

😂

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

How about this - I definitely think on MNF this week Ike outplayed Quentin, but I will only speak for the one game where only Ike played.

He does have a Chance to outplay Quentin on Sunday Night Football this week also as long as the Colts game is not delayed until 8 pm.

😂

You're damn right.

14 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Here is his story from the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/2246393/2020/12/08/bills-ike-boettger-journey/

Started as a QB, became a TE, then a tackle.

It's an inspiring read. Hard not to root for the guy.

So there is a chance that if the ball is fumbled Ike could pick it up and throw it to Allen for a score?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The benefits of having practice squads.  The vast majority of players aren't ready for the NFL right out of college, having them practice for a couple seasons is quite a benefit for player and team. 

That is true but Ike has never been on a practice squad. He was cut at the end of his first camp they tried to get him on the PS but Kansas City signed him to the active roster. When they cut him a couple of weeks later we brought him back and put him on the active roster, where he has been ever since.

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

IIRC Boettger suffered a leg injury in his last year in college at Iowa.  Was he considered a draft pick prior to the injury?  He ended up an UDFA.  Info on him is scarce.

Yea I think he was seen as a day 3 guy but definitely considered draftable.

• Thank you (+1) 1