Running Downs

Buffalo716

Tremaine edmunds was playing OLB a good amount today.

Listen, he's a very versatile FOOTBALL player, and sometimes you need to find the best fits. Some situations he's better on the edge and some inside

Glad , that the staff is adjusting on the fly , and willing to mold certain packages.

Tremaine is a big piece of this defense whether you want to admit it or not, and he made plays on the inside and outside today

• Like (+1) 8

Absolutely.  Played well today. The long term question is, what’s he worth?  Looking at his highlight reel, his physical being and his age, someone might want to pay this kid 17-18 mill a year.  Is he worth it?  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Absolutely.  Played well today. The long term question is, what’s he worth?  Looking at his highlight reel, his physical being and his age, someone might want to pay this kid 17-18 mill a year.  Is he worth it?  

I'm thinking he'll get 14-15 mill. I guess I'll leave that up to McDermott and Beane. If they think he is worth it I'll have to defer to them.

I'm still kind of on the fence with him, but there's no questioning what a freak athlete he is and body he has. He would be tough to replace.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tremaine edmunds was playing OLB a good amount today.

Listen, he's a very versatile FOOTBALL player, and sometimes you need to find the best fits. Some situations he's better on the edge and some inside

Glad , that the staff is adjusting on the fly , and willing to mold certain packages.

Tremaine is a big piece of this defense whether you want to admit it or not, and he made plays on the inside and outside today

They've done a great job the last two weeks utilizing both him and Klein.

They've been really conscientious about covering their weaknesses and putting them into position to succeed, even gong out of there way to make real changes on the fly to do it.

Good stuff from a coaching staff showing some real adaptability.

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

They've done a great job the last two weeks utilizing both him and Klein.

They've been really conscientious about covering their weaknesses and putting them into position to succeed, even gong out of there way to make real changes on the fly to do it.

Good stuff from a coaching staff showing some real adaptability.

This.

we couldn’t stop the run.  Now, we’ve improved our run d  

Zone defenses had our passing game baffled.  Now, we baffle zone defenses with our passing offense.

Aj Klein was the worst player on the planet.  Now, he’s a cult hero and could be middle aged Kiko.

we couldn’t run the ball to save our lives.  Now, we’ve been very effective running the ball the couple weeks. 

the middle of our DL was a mess and there was nothing we could do about it.  Now, it seems to be playing much better

tremaine and Tre’Davious are making plays they weren’t the few quarter of the season.

dawson knox couldn’t catch a pass.  Now, he catches td passes

Bass was a rookie that wasn’t even a good kicker in college.  Now, he’s looking like he’s going to be our kicker for the next 15 years. 

we go for it on 4th down more than we Punt or

kick fgs.  McD has supreme confidence in this team and the team loves him. But not

as much as they love Josh allen.  God Allen’s 

kudos to our coaching staff on both sides of the ball For getting the most out of this team

and fixing our problems. Super bowl is looking like a real possibility.  

why not us?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This.

Zone defenses had our passing game baffled.  Now, we baffle zone defenses with our passing offense.

Aj Klein was the worst player on the planet.  Now, he’s a cult hero and could be middle aged Kiko.

we couldn’t run the ball to save our lives.  Now, we’ve been very effective running the ball the couple weeks. 

the middle of our DL was a mess and there was nothing we could do about it.  Now, it seems to be playing much better

tremaine and Tre’Davious are making plays they weren’t the few quarter of the season.

dawson knox couldn’t catch a pass.  Now, he catches td passes

Bass was a rookie that wasn’t even a good kicker in college.  Now, he’s looking like he’s going to be our kicker for the next 15 years. 

we go for it on 4th down more than we Punt or

kick fgs.  McD has supreme confidence in this team and the team loves him. But not

as much as they love Josh allen.  God Allen’s 

kudos to our coaching staff on both sides of the ball For getting the most out of this team

and fixing our problems. Super bowl is looking like a real possibility.  

why not us?

I have always hated that word and think it is one of the stupidest ever created by man. Just sayin'...

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

This.

I can't even remember the last time we had a staff that was both adaptable and effective.

This is really great to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I can't even remember the last time we had a staff that was both adaptable and effective.

This is really great to watch.

When McDermott says "growth mindset" a million times in his press conferences he really does mean it. It is a mind numbingly annoying cliche but McDermott is a guy who absolutely lives by the principle that if you are not getting better each day you are getting worse. When people say "ah culture change doesn't matter...." Sean McDermott is the living proof that it does. Rex Ryan never fixed a single issue with his team in 2 seasons. The problems that were there the first few weeks of 2015 were there the last few weeks of 2016. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Paulus said:

I have always hated that word and think it is one of the stupidest ever created by man. Just sayin'...

is that from a predisposition against the letter "K?" I'll bet you don't eat Special K cereal either because of that or have read any Kafka. Of course most on this board haven't read Kafka either so you are not alone there.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When McDermott says "growth mindset" a million times in his press conferences he really does mean it. It is a mind numbingly annoying cliche but McDermott is a guy who absolutely lives by the principle that if you are not getting better each day you are getting worse. When people say "ah culture change doesn't matter...." Sean McDermott is the living proof that it does. Rex Ryan never fixed a single issue with his team in 2 seasons. The problems that were there the first few weeks of 2015 were there the last few weeks of 2016. 

I'll give some props to Doug Whaley for his parting gift. He wasn't doing good enough work to remain as GM of the Bills but he is the one who pushed the Pegulas into hiring McDermott. It was the only coach he truly got to pick during his tenure and it's turned out to be a very good choice.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with you.  I’ve posted on this before. It’s Lean management or Toyota Production/Management System101.

That said, culture didn’t transform the offense. The trade for Diggs and the signing of Williams did. They had the same culture two years ago but the worst offensive line and the worst WR group in the league. They have added a lot of talent in two years.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree with you.  I’ve posted on this before. It’s Lean management or Toyota Production/Management System101.

That said, culture didn’t transform the offense. The trade for Diggs and the signing of Williams did. They had the same culture two years ago but the worst offensive line and the worst WR group in the league. They have added a lot of talent in two years.

For sure. Culture without talent can't win. But equally talent without culture can't either. You have to have both. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

because 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

8717FA9E-F2E0-4D4E-B620-12A26D07160C.jpeg

Any given sunday.  They lost to the raiders.  They almost lost to the raiders twice.  Injuries happen.  Referees happen. Covid happens.  Josh Allen happens.  Any given sunday

• Like (+1) 2