Is Biden a Lame Duck?

Tiberius

I thought he said last year that he wouldn't run again.

I think that was probably part of what got everyone to drop out before Super Tuesday. The Dem brain trust probably went to people like Mayor Pete and Klobuchar and said, we need to get you guys out of the race to consolidate your bases behind Biden to avoid Bernie winning the nomination. The trade off being he won't seek re-election, and you can have at the nomination again four years from now. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Good enough for me.   He did what he was nominated to do. 

Agreed. His job #1 is done. Job #2 is to do a little work getting the Rs and Ds to work together on a few things and perhaps, perhaps, be civil. He knows what he needs to do and his reserve in the last 3 weeks shows that he will try hard to do it. The temptation to feed into the Trump-tantrum must be great but he's just letting Trump just burn out. 

Most likely he steps down or is removed prior to completion of his term as his mental condition will continue to deteriorate and worsen.  Perhaps a better question is what is your expectation of the condition of the US economy and society in 4 years?  Do you think Biden's election ushers in a new era of prosperity and enlightenment or do you think its going to be hard times?  That would be the major factor in any decision regarding a second term.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Agreed. Before even COVID he polled the best against Trump.  He served his duty. Let him lead for 4 years and retire as a national hero.

^^^

9 hours ago, shoshin said:

Agreed. His job #1 is done. Job #2 is to do a little work getting the Rs and Ds to work together on a few things and perhaps, perhaps, be civil. He knows what he needs to do and his reserve in the last 3 weeks shows that he will try hard to do it. The temptation to feed into the Trump-tantrum must be great but he's just letting Trump just burn out. 

I agree with both of you.   Right now, we need a POTUS who can restore faith in democratic governance by dealing with the daunting challenges currently facing the country by governing in a competent manner with moderate policies that most Americans can at least accept if not support.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Most likely he steps down or is removed prior to completion of his term as his mental condition will continue to deteriorate and worsen.  Perhaps a better question is what is your expectation of the condition of the US economy and society in 4 years?  Do you think Biden's election ushers in a new era of prosperity and enlightenment or do you think its going to be hard times?  That would be the major factor in any decision regarding a second term.  

This.  And no way Kammy gets elected in 2024.

Mental condition? Her seems fine to me. He was mentally fit enough to trounce Trump by millions and millions of votes. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is nonsense.   There is absolutely nothing that indicates that Biden's "mental condition" is anything except nonsensical wishful thinking by RW partisans.   Biden has always made verbal faux pas, probably the result of his childhood speech impediment, stuttering.

The US currently faces significant economic problems that haven't been seen since the Great Depression.   The economic situation is far worse than the Great Recession but since economic hardships have fallen hardest on marginal economic segments -- low-skill, low wage workers in the hospitality industry, gig workers, mom-and-pop small businesses, etc rather than on major corporations or the finanacial markets -- the situation doesn't seem as dire.   If Congress does not get together and pass a stimulus package before the end of the year, the proverbial manure is going to hit the proverbial fan.   Getting employment back to the level where it was in January, 2020 will be a major accomplishment in the next four years.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

He can thank his buddies in China for that one.

You talking about Trump's chinese bank accounts? 

Or the missing flashdrive?

Don't act stupid, this isn't Billsfans. You want to be stupid just go there.

Edited by TBBills

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You talking about Trump's chinese bank accounts? 

Or the missing flashdrive?

Don't act stupid, this isn't Billsfans. You want to be stupid just go there.

No, the Wuhan virus, moron.  And Trump's bank accounts are dwarfed by Joe's and Hunter's.  

But keep being the special idiot you've been.  That's how your puppet masters want you.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Proof? Where did the flashdrive go?

Look a racist that supports Trump... @aristocrat

wha's worse?  

Biden who has passed bills that have devastated minority communites but apparently is not a racist or at least is a reformed racist and also supported by minority communities.

Trump who passed bills to help minority communites but apparently is a racist and is supported by racists?  

Does that make sense to you?

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

wha's worse?  

Biden who has passed bills that have devastated minority communites but apparently is not a racist or at least is a reformed racist and also supported by minority communities.

Trump who passed bills to help minority communites but apparently is a racist and is supported by racists?  

Does that make sense to you?

Biden wasn't the one who passed the Bill... He voted on it just like every other politician, don't be stupid.

Trump in the other hand makes fun of the disabled, takes advantage of the minorities, and tis the reason why racist groups support Trump.

Trump is a racist, his followers are by Doc's response. You support a racist.

Biden on the other hand has been bringing minorities together since the election. For a man who you think is racist he seems to have plenty of minorities on his side. 

Just now, TBBills said:

Biden wasn't the one who passed the Bill... He voted on it just like every other politician, don't be stupid.

Trump in the other hand makes fun of the disabled, takes advantage of the minorities, and tis the reason why racist groups support Trump.

Trump is a racist, his followers are by Doc's response. You support a racist.

Biden on the other hand has been bringing minorities together since the election. For a man who you think is racist he seems to have plenty of minorities on his side. 

Biden wrote the bills. the one bills is named after him.   Biden also makes fun of black people as well.  But I'd rather have a guy who passes bills helping those communites than a guy with a terrible history of incomptence when it comes to handling minority communites.  You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Biden wrote the bills. the one bills is named after him.   Biden also makes fun of black people as well.  But I'd rather have a guy who passes bills helping those communites than a guy with a terrible history of incomptence when it comes to handling minority communites.  You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.

That is why people voted Biden b.c they want someone that will help those communities. Trump has a terrible history when it comes to handling minorities. You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts.

If the truth was the Bill was to target minorities than the racist community would have voted and backed Biden. The Bill was to target criminals and was supported by Republicans.

Fact is Trump is the only president supported openly by racists 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

That is why people voted Biden b.c they want someone that will help those communities. Trump has a terrible history when it comes to handling minorities. You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts.

Fact is Trump is the only president supported openly by racists 

explain trumps history of handling minority communites and bills that hurt those.  

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

explain trumps history of handling minority communites and bills that hurt those.  

Really you didn't see the spanish expedition  of Trump taking kids away from his families some kids have never seen their parents again. Destroying minority families in an attempt to sway racist votes. Yet still border crossings have never slowed down by his racist actions.

Than he tried to build a wall in which turned out to be full of corruption of his friends.

Let's not forget when Trump tried to bar any Muslims from entering this country.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

Edited by TBBills

Really you didn't see the spanish expedition  of Trump taking kids away from his families some kids have never seen their parents again. Destroying minority families in an attempt to sway racist votes. Yet still border crossings have never slowed down by his racist actions.

Than he tried to build a wall in which turned out to be full of corruption of his friends.

Let's not forget when Trump tried to bar any Muslims from entering this country.

Biden and Obama deported more immigrants than trump. Locked kids in cages.  Kept the military over in the Middle East killing Muslims while there. Trump brought them home.  Biden also voted for a border wall while he was a Senator.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/443182-cnn-resurfaces-biden-remarks-calling-for-a-border-fence

You're not going to come close to proving Biden has been worse on minorites than Trump.  Just accept it. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Biden and Obama deported more immigrants than trump. Locked kids in cages.  Kept the military over in the Middle East killing Muslims while there. Trump brought them home.  Biden also voted for a border wall while he was a Senator.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/443182-cnn-resurfaces-biden-remarks-calling-for-a-border-fence

You're not going to come close to proving Biden has been worse on minorites than Trump.  Just accept it. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

Already been proven time and time again... Don't really care if you don't believe it.

The best part is the only person that is racist to you is the one guy who was the VP to a Black President and his VP isnt white either.  Meanwhile Trump will only deal with white people as his closest allies.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

I'll ask again. Show me how Biden has been better for minority communities than Trump.  You simply can't.  Your only argument is that racists apparently support Trump.  But just because they may support him doesn't mean Trumps policies are bad for those communites.   

Biden-history of destroying those communities through bad policy.   Either racist or incompetent.

Trump-history of helping those communities.  Very racist by your standards. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

I'll ask again. Show me how Biden has been better for minority communities than Trump.  You simply can't.  Your only argument is that racists apparently support Trump.  But just because they may support him doesn't mean Trumps policies are bad for those communites.   

Biden-history of destroying those communities through bad policy.   Either racist or incompetent.

Trump-history of helping those communities.  Very racist by your standards. 

Wrong again....

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Not a whole lot of public policy in there.  Can you show what he's done during his presidency?

HE has not done anything for minorities during his presidency... Well he tried to put up a wall to keep minorities out, he separated children from their families, many of whom may never see their parents again. Tried to bar Muslims from entering this country. 

THe country spoke and the Racist Trump your buddy is out. You can take your racism somewhere else with @doc also. 

That sounds like a stand up white guy to me lol. 

Meanwhile you are talking about a BIll passed by both republicans and democrats against criminals but instead the racism in police forces have turned it into what it became.

Edited by TBBills

HE has not done anything for minorities during his presidency... Well he tried to put up a wall to keep minorities out, he separated children from their families, many of whom may never see their parents again. Tried to bar Muslims from entering this country. 

THe country spoke and the Racist Trump your buddy is out. You can take your racism somewhere else with @doc also. 

That sounds like a stand up white guy to me lol. 

Meanwhile you are talking about a BIll passed by both republicans and democrats against criminals but instead the racism in police forces have turned it into what it became.

you keep throwing around names calling us racist like an immature child.  anything trump did makes him a racist.  anything biden did was not his fault and the fault is on everyone else.  what world do you live in?  i understand you want to support your guy but the blinders you're putting on are just insanely big. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

you keep throwing around names calling us racist like an immature child.  anything trump did makes him a racist.  anything biden did was not his fault and the fault is on everyone else.  what world do you live in?  i understand you want to support your guy but the blinders you're putting on are just insanely big. 

I am sorry only you are allowed to call other racist.

I live in United States of America, land of the free, not land of the "BUILD A WALL TO KEEP OUT MINORITIES, BAN ALL MUSLIMS, DESTROY MINORITY FAMILIES" 

Edited by TBBills

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i've not called you racist i've called biden a racist

Exactly you are allowed to call others Racist but I am not.

Biden admitted the Bill did not end up the way he wanted b.c of racism in police forces. Trump on the other hand has never and will never apologize for his racist actions. 

It is why racists support him, they can see he will never change and they love when a white man refuses to change.

Biden is willing to change and reflect on things of the past while Trump will never do that, Trump will never want to lose the support of his racist supporters of KKK and Proud Boys.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

Exactly you are allowed to call others Racist but I am not.

Biden admitted the Bill did not end up the way he wanted b.c of racism in police forces. Trump on the other hand has never and will never apologize for his racist actions. 

It is why racists support him, they can see he will never change and they love when a white man refuses to change.

no, i called biden a racist not you. you called me a racist.  you throw around insults during an argument just to try and bully people. 

biden doesn't accept responsibility for his actions other than apparently parding a few guys that spent decades in prison for them.   let me ask you this...are there any policies trump has passed that will result in millions of minorities in prison for decades that later need to be pardoned to make up for the mistake?  absolutely not.  

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

no, i called biden a racist not you. you called me a racist.  you throw around insults during an argument just to try and bully people. 

biden doesn't accept responsibility for his actions other than apparently parding a few guys that spent decades in prison for them.   let me ask you this...are there any policies trump has passed that will result in millions of minorities in prison for decades that later need to be pardoned to make up for the mistake?  absolutely not.  

Biden is willing to change and reflect on things of the past while Trump will never do that, Trump will never want to lose the support of his racist supporters of KKK and Proud Boys.

Well since it has only been 4 years we have decades to see how many minority children will never see their parents again, b.c of Trumps actions that won him in the hearts of racists.

Biden accepted responsibility for his action DO NOT LIE. 

Edited by TBBills

Just now, TBBills said:

Biden accepted responsibility for his action DO NOT LIE. 

you just said biden blamed it on the racist police forces.  but again.  answer my question

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you just said biden blamed it on the racist police forces.  but again.  answer my question

I did answer your question...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/17/joe-biden-race-crime-bill-1994-policing

if this doesn't sway you then forever a racist you shall be. It is sad you are hanging on one little thread that was cleared up long ago but your agenda cannot stop you from trying to force something. Your refusal to acknowledge Trump as a racist is funny also.

Edited by TBBills