Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Crazy wins you games when all others are afraid. Just like nobody ever attempts line rugby jumps during hailmarys which is mind boggling. 

I dont know enough about rugby to refute this one but using three of your receivers to lift up one dude in a position in the end zone where he doesn't really have a way to adjust his positioning to catch a 60 yard pass while your qb is running for his life is the best use of resources haha im sure one of these nfl coaches would be crazy enough to try it if it would work 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean I do agree with you more pressure would work in most hailmary type plays. But as a QB, we want nothing more than a chance to win in these kind of situations. A lot of QBs probably couldn’t do it, but I trust a hungry Allen more than I trust a 4 man rush. 

I have absolutely no doubt allen wouldve loved to be out there on that play...that is for sure 😁 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I dont know enough about rugby to refute this one but using three of your receivers to lift up one dude in a position in the end zone where he doesn't really have a way to adjust his positioning to catch a 60 yard pass while your qb is running for his life is the best use of resources haha im sure one of these nfl coaches would be crazy enough to try it if it would work 

You don’t need 3 people, NFL players are strong enough for 1 man lifts. Especially if you have Beasley out there. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

You don’t need 3 people, NFL players are strong enough for 1 man lifts. Especially if you have Beasley out there. 

Is there any kind of protection for the lifter when the receivers hands touch the ball if this was done in the nfl...I can't imagine them allowing this for player safety reasons but you never know...we all learned you can horsecollar qbs in the pocket this year 🤣

Hindsight is always 20/20, but when you call a defensive timeout and allow Murray to break contain, throw off a scramble drill and lose on a Hail Mary jump ball, you’re going to have people blame the HC.

We’re just not used to that scrutiny because A) that play rarely ever happens and B) nobody has cared about us for a while. 

If that happened to Belichick, he’d be facing scrutiny as well. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Is there any kind of protection for the lifter when the receivers hands touch the ball if this was done in the nfl...I can't imagine them allowing this for player safety reasons but you never know...we all learned you can horsecollar qbs in the pocket this year 🤣

I mean I don’t see why not, I can’t find any NFL rules that are against lifting up your player for defending or catching a jump ball. If someone knows the answer why NFL teams don’t try it, please let me know. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean I don’t see why not, I can’t find any NFL rules that are against lifting up your player for defending or catching a jump ball. If someone knows the answer why NFL teams don’t try it, please let me know. 

Yea id love to see someone try it and then dean Blandino will have to furiously search through a rulebook to verify its not against the rules 🤣 this is a wild guess but a lot of these hail mary winners are on tips and deflections so I think theyre trying to maximize the amount of receivers they have on the field

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea id love to see someone try it and then dean Blandino will have to furiously search through a yearbook to verify its not against the rules 🤣 this is a wild guess but a lot of these hail mary winners are on tips and deflections so I think theyre trying to maximize the amount of receivers they have on the field

I don’t know why they don’t try it on field goal kicks either. As long as you don’t leap over the lineman it should be legal until the league bans it lol. A NFL team should try a basket toss on a field goal just for the lolz. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t know why they don’t try it on field goal kicks either. As long as you don’t leap over the lineman it should be legal until the league bans it lol. A NFL team should try a basket toss on a field goal just for the lolz. 

It's against the rules on a FG attempt. You can't use a teammate for leverage.

And the reason it wouldn't work on a hail mary is because the ball is coming from 50 yrds away, you don't know exactly where it's heading and you'd essentially just be nullifying the presence of two defenders who would undoubtedly be out of position.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Good to know, I thought it was only using opponent as leverage. So does this also apply for hailmarys? 

I don't know if it is illegal on a hail mary, but probably not.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If it’s legal and would help a team win, Belichik would’ve already tried it.  

Lol run a route in the end zone and have Beasley get on his knees and hands and have Diggs jump off his back for a jump ball TD. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Can you link me the rule where it says they can’t leverage their own players? I thought as long as you don’t cross the line of scrimmage and land on a player it was still legal? 

It's the leverage rule

LEVERAGE

(o) Jumping or standing on a teammate or opponent to block or attempt to block an opponent’s kick.

(p) Placing a hand or hands on a teammate or opponent to gain additional height in the block or attempt to block an opponent’s kick.

(q) Being picked up by a teammate in a block or an attempt to block an opponent’s kick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

It's the leverage rule

LEVERAGE

(o) Jumping or standing on a teammate or opponent to block or attempt to block an opponent’s kick.

(p) Placing a hand or hands on a teammate or opponent to gain additional height in the block or attempt to block an opponent’s kick.

(q) Being picked up by a teammate in a block or an attempt to block an opponent’s kick.

Thank you. Does this also apply for offensive plays or hailmarys? I don’t see any rules for that, just FGs. 

In that situation you push and shove for position and you prevent that catch at any and all costs. A penalty there would have given them just one more play and how often do you see penalties on a hail Mary scrum. Bills were soft and didn't fight Hopkins nearly enough. Like I said you prevent that catch at any cost.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Thank you. Does this also apply for offensive plays or hailmarys? I don’t see any rules for that, just FGs. 

I'm not aware of it applying anywhere else outside of FG attempts.