the Old History of the Buffalo Bills

Chandler#81

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My childhood memories of The Rockpile include the sight of kids chasing down extra points in a routine mosh pit end zone skirmish and the sound of beer bottles clanking as they rolled down the concrete steps....not kidding. Good times for

I remember this show kicked off ESPN classic channel. I thought it was great to profile our city our fans and our team. 

Sadly so many of those great Bill's fan are no longer with us. I miss Tim Russert, Van Miller, Jack Kemp. 

I am now 62 years old and I too spent my childhood roaming the Rock Pile, standing in Rich screaming JUICE, JUICE JUICE

And riding the highest of highs and than lowest of lows with Jim, Bruce, Thurman, Andre and the team of the 90s

I hope this is the time to start that new chapter for the younger fan and also give us old guys the story book ending we dream of.

Edited by jkx2
  • Like (+1) 3

My dad would never let me go to a game at the Rockpile, much to my chagrin.  He said it was "too rough" for kids.  He and my uncles, went to a fair number of games there.  My first Bills game was the first game played at Rich Stadium.  Always wish I could have seen some of those 60's teams.

• Sad 1

I went to a few games with my Dad and Uncles.  Very run down place but good sight lines.  Crazy crowd, lots of drinking.  They had some really good teams too. I remember one game when Lamonica came in for Kemp and pulled the game out.  Man could he throw.  I hated when they traded him.  Saban left and the team really declined fast.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/11/2020 at 9:25 PM, WotAGuy said:

I just remember seeing cars on blocks with no wheels left while walking through Best Street on our way to our car. Not exactly Hammer’s Lot in that neighborhood. 

Ha! I remember my dad telling me and my brother to ‘lock your doors’ as we drove to The Rockpile. I had no idea why.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw Garo kick 5 FGs for the Fish at the Rockpile.  Also saw Csonka and Kiick both rush for 100+ in the same game.

Saw Johnny U at the 'Pile also

Was at the first game at the "Home of the Buffalo Bills" which is what it was called for about a week before they finalized the Rich sponsorship.  First play ever at the new stadium: Redskins ran back the opening kickoff for a TD.  Most of the people were still in a traffic jam on the Thruway but I made it in time to be reminded what being a Bills fan is all about.