Josh Allen in Sports Illustrated

Shaw66
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

I didn't see anything posted here about the article about Josh Allen in Sports Illustrated.   It doesn't seem to be available at their website; I think you have to have the print version to see it.  I think it was in last week's SI, or possibly the week before. 

It's a full-fledged SI feature about him, starting with a great description of the face-mask sack he took against the Rams before winning the game.   It's a really positive article, describing how awesome he is physically and how much progress he's made working with Palmer each off-season.  Also a funny comment from Beane about preparing to face the press after they drafted Allen.  

If you can get your hands on it, it's worth the read.   Serious, positive national attention. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I didn't see anything posted here about the article about Josh Allen in Sports Illustrated.   It doesn't seem to be available at their website; I think you have to have the print version to see it.  I think it was in last week's SI, or possibly the week before. 

It's a full-fledged SI feature about him, starting with a great description of the face-mask sack he took against the Rams before winning the game.   It's a really positive article, describing how awesome he is physically and how much progress he's made working with Palmer each off-season.  Also a funny comment from Beane about preparing to face the press after they drafted Allen.  

If you can get your hands on it, it's worth the read.   Serious, positive national attention. 

Do you recall the cover/cover story?  Might help tracking it down easier.

• Like (+1) 1

"Buffalo's turning to Allen, after conservative Tyrod Taylor, was like waving goodbye to the kiddie roller coaster and hopping on the screamer that barely passes its daily inspections. If the last generation of great passers was typified by world-class surgeons-- Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees-- diagnosing defenses and dissecting them with painstaking precision, Allen arrives in the operating room with a hunting knife and a bottle of Wild Turkey." ..... LOLOL. oh man thats good.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you get Apple news+ you get Sports illustrated  For $10 a month along with a whole bunch of other newspapers and magazines. You can cancel at any time I believe you get the first month free.  I feel it is a really good deal because of the amount of online magazines they have. 

26 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Thanks for the headsup! GF works in a library so she should be able to copy the pages for me. 

My gf works in a dentist office so she should be able to steal it for me in about 6 years when then they get new magazines. Can't wait!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 18

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

My gf works in a dentist office so she should be able to steal it for me in about 6 years when then they get new magazines. Can't wait!

no more magazines in the waiting room bro!   in fact, no waiting room.  thanks covid!

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Can you give the issue number and date?

38 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

"Buffalo's turning to Allen, after conservative Tyrod Taylor, was like waving goodbye to the kiddie roller coaster and hopping on the screamer that barely passes its daily inspections. If the last generation of great passers was typified by world-class surgeons-- Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees-- diagnosing defenses and dissecting them with painstaking precision, Allen arrives in the operating room with a hunting knife and a bottle of Wild Turkey." ..... LOLOL. oh man thats good.

Yeah, isn't that great?!

As I said, I also loved the description of the face-mask sack.  It sounds like a description of a comic book superhero storming though super-villains.