And the 2024 Race Begins

• 2 weeks later...

South Carolina probably won’t save Nikki Haley

The long, ugly slog to next month’s contest may not change the race.

Haley’s stronger-than-expected performance in Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary held Trump’s victory to just over 10 points, keeping alive her dim hopes of toppling the former president. And those slim chances now hinge on a come-from-behind victory in her home state next month.

Others don’t believe it. Even as Haley is framing the race as just beginning, both parties are anointing Trump as the GOP nominee. President Joe Biden said Tuesday night it was “clear” that Trump would be his general-election opponent, and Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel called Trump “our eventual nominee” in an interview on Fox News Channel.

But New Hampshire is essentially the friendliest territory Haley can expect — an electorate swarmed by moderates and independents on Tuesday — and it only gets harder from here.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/24/south-carolina-nikki-haley-00137513

"I gotta tell you guys, I went to a Donald Trump rally a couple of nights ago.... Met probably 50 Trump people waiting in line."

"Every single one of them: thoughtful, hospitable, friendly. All of them so frustrated that they feel nobody is listening to them, except Donald Trump. A diverse crowd, people that have never been to a Trump event before. My party is completely delusional right now!"

Said Dean Phillips, a Democratic Party candidate for President (who got 19.6% of the vote on the Democratic side of the New Hampshire primary).

I love this. This is what Democrats need to do, not spend the next 9 months expressing contempt for what might be half of their fellow citizens.

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/01/i-gotta-tell-you-guys-i-went-to-donald.html

• Like (+1) 1

"Biden has nothing to say about the future. The future is beyond his imagining...."

"If the Republicans are offering right-wing populism, the Democrats can’t just continue to offer grievance agendas, especially since most of those grievances have been dramatically meliorated.

The dirty little secret of Diversity, Equity and Identity (DEI) programs is that they’re indicative of past-thinking, not the future.

Indeed, when someone like former Harvard President Claudine Gay—a product of the DEI-industrial complex—blames her firing on racism, not lunkheaded Congressional testimony and plagiarism, the traditional Democrat identity-rhetoric begins to seem laughable....

At this point, the Dems need to offer an anti-identity agenda, an American unity agenda...."

Writes Joe Klein, in "It's Not Just Biden/The Democrats are Senescent, too" (Substack).

https://josephklein.substack.com/p/its-not-just-biden

• Like (+1) 1

So, who really believes Joe Biden and his running dogs in the liberal media when they say things are actually OK?

What tiny percentage of Americans are they talking to? Gloom consumes America. Some 73 percent of respondents say the United States is on the wrong track, the highest portion since 1989, when that polling question was first asked.

In similar polls, there’s been a prolonged downward trend in Americans’ satisfaction with the direction of the country, from a peak of 71 percent in 1999 to just 22 percent today. Biden’s 39 percent approval is the lowest of any president running for a second term a year out from the election.

Truth be damned. A whole intellectual industry has developed to support Joe, making excuses as to why the dumb Americans in the heartland don’t see the glories of Bidenomics. The industry has come up with three explanations. Let’s see if they make sense.

More at https://www.theamericanconservative.com/trump-will-win/

Because. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . who's going to come out to see Joe ?

Biden Campaign Reportedly Planning Event
with Obama and Clinton for ‘All Hands
on Deck’ Effort to Beat Trump

by Cassandra MacDonald

The campaign team hopes that the first-of-its-kind event will energize voters who are currently not enthusiastic to vote for Joe Biden. NBC News reports that they spoke to four people “familiar with the discussions” and that it will likely take place in March or April. “The plan underscores the belief among Biden allies that the party needs an all-hands-on-deck approach to help him win a second term,” the report explained. “It’s also just one in a growing list of ways that Democratic leaders, and the Biden campaign, are gearing up for a general election they view as having the highest of stakes.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/01/biden-campaign-reportedly-planning-event-obama-clinton-all/

• Haha (+1) 1

If your best strategy is to have a fundraiser with Mr. Epstein Island himself then I think you need a new strategy.

Personally, I think Joe Biden should legally change his name to "Not Trump" as that's the only reason anyone would ever vote for him!

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

If your best strategy is to have a fundraiser with Mr. Epstein Island himself then I think you need a new strategy.

Personally, I think Joe Biden should legally change his name to "Not Trump" as that's the only reason anyone would ever vote for him!

After these last 4 years I don't think that would work this time.

• Like (+1) 1

Frustrated Independents Give Trump An Edge Over Biden In 2024: I&I/TIPP Poll

Issues & Insights, by Terry Jones

Former President Donald Trump continues to face legal charges on his return path to the presidency, while current President Joe Biden carries his age, fading mental acuity, and charges of corruption as he seeks a second term.

So who has the edge now in the head-to-head electoral matchup for 2024? Thanks to solid independent voter backing, Trump still edges out Biden, the latest I&I/TIPP Poll shows. Trump wins 43% of the overall vote, while Biden gets 41% in the national online I&I/TIPP Poll, taken from Jan. 31-Feb. 2, with 1,266 registered voters participating. The poll has an overall +/-2.8 percentage-point margin of error.

https://issuesinsights.com/2024/02/07/frustrated-independents-hold-trumps-edge-over-biden-in-2024-ii-tipp-poll/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why Is The Left Suddenly Talking About A ‘Coup’ At The Ballot Box?

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

For the past three years, the left has claimed Donald Trump lied about the 2020 election and then attempted an insurrection on Jan. 6 to overturn the results. But now that Trump is leading in polls, the left is talking ominously about a “coup.” Pay attention, because if Trump wins in 2024, this will be how the left tries to stop him from getting anything done.

At a protest in Washington, D.C., a week ago – organized by a group that calls itself “Stop the Coup 2025” – Markus Batchelor, the national political director of People for the American Way, told the crowd that “Jan. 6 was just a dress rehearsal.”

So is this group predicting Trump will try to take over in 2025 even if Biden wins reelection?

Not exactly. He went on to say that coups “don’t need weapons to succeed.” He said that “coups can be committed by pen and paper,” “coups can be committed at the ballot,” and “coups can be committed by seemingly democratic processes.”

Come again?

The definition of “coup d’etat” in Merriam-Webster’s dictionary is “the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group.”

What is Batchelor saying? That if Trump wins in November it will be the equivalent of a violent overthrow of government?

Basically, yes.

The Stop the Coup website says that: “The GOP plans to install a Day One Dictator and dismantle our democracy.”

https://issuesinsights.com/2024/02/08/why-is-the-left-suddenly-talking-about-a-coup-at-the-ballot-box/

• 2 weeks later...