Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Does anyone still think this is going well for Elon?

Transition periods are often difficult.  Not even 2 weeks in is hardly the time for libs to start chortling.  But the bigger thing is that the lib echo chamber is gone.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t understand why we just pick somebody to like and then view everything about them as good for them, even when it’s clearly not. 

Is it good business to add $1 billion in annual debt servicing costs into a $3 billion company that’s never been profitable? I don’t think they’ll be teaching this as good strategy in business school. 

Elon literally lowered the price of the new verification system because Stephen King said he wouldn’t pay $20/mo. 

And this isn’t just on the right. The left floated Avenatti as a presidential candidate despite his obvious sumbaggery. And acted like Mueller was going to take care of Trump for them so they wouldn’t have to do anything on their own. 

34 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t understand why we just pick somebody to like and then view everything about them as good for them, even when it’s clearly not. 

Is it good business to add $1 billion in annual debt servicing costs into a $3 billion company that’s never been profitable? I don’t think they’ll be teaching this as good strategy in business school. 

Elon literally lowered the price of the new verification system because Stephen King said he wouldn’t pay $20/mo. 

And this isn’t just on the right. The left floated Avenatti as a presidential candidate despite his obvious sumbaggery. And acted like Mueller was going to take care of Trump for them so they wouldn’t have to do anything on their own. 

Because he’s been doubted at every step. “Electric cars?  That will never work!”  “Sending rockets into space?  Good luck with that!”  I myself was a skeptic until I saw that rocket land on a pad in the middle of the ocean.  And now he’s the richest man in the world and will probably be the first trillionaire once SpaceX goes public. 

DERSHOWITZ: Why Is The Left So Afraid Of Twitter?

A campaign is currently underway by left-wing organizations and politicians to demand that Twitter, now owned by Elon Musk, continue its practice of censoring hate speech and other “objectionable” postings.

A letter sent to Twitter’s top 20 advertisers, signed by 40 activist organizations, including the NAACP, the Center for American Progress, GLAAD and the Global Project Against Hate and extremism, contained the following veiled threat:

“We, the undersigned organizations call on you to notify Musk and publicly commit that you will cease all advertising on Twitter globally if he follows through on his plans to undermine brand safety and community standards, including gutting content moderation.” 

This means that Musk must not roll back what Twitter has on the books now and commit to enforcing the existing rules. In other words, Twitter advertisers have been asked to boycott Twitter unless it continues to censor.

Decades ago, during the height of McCarthyism, it was the hard right that demanded censorship, while the left insisted that the marketplace of ideas should be left open to all forms of speech.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/06/opinion-the-left-afraid-twitter-dershowitz/

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m sure everyone would be fine if Parag had said to vote Dem, right?

IF ?

It did. It even went so far as to meet with the democrat led administration to coordinate censorship.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/11/07/joe-walsh-thinks-the-right-would-be-freaking-out-if-twitters-last-owners-pulled-what-elon-musk-did/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I am hoping for a R win of HOR and D win Senate or vice versa.  Keep both sides from being able to pass the crazy stuff they both want to.

The House is definitely going R. The Senate probably will as well but without a supermajority they won’t be able to pass whatever they want much less be able to override a Joke veto. 

• Agree 1