Weak, soft or just overmatched?

Toledo Bill

32 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yep. You could see it clearly on Tannehill's scrambles.  Our guys were chasing their men with their backs to the ball.  Tanny could just jog down the field all day.  

Thats man coverage though.  Damned if you do damned if you don't.  If i chase tanehill he can just lob it to the guy i just stopped covering.  The key is to not let him break contain like that.  

As others have point out, there was no fire last night, no leadership, and several players looked off (mostly notably Josh).

But give credit to the Titans....that defense is much better than early season rankings would have you believe, and they came up with a plan to keep the Bills WRs in check.  I'm not sure why, because the pass protection was fairly good, but the Bills didn't even attempt anything deep, or any of those medium distance crossing patterns they've killed teams with this year.  So that tells me the Titans created a great plan to slow down what the Bills have done successfully so far this year.  And other teams will copy that.  So the Bills better figure out how to adjust.

I'll be very interested to see one of the film analysts here break down the All-22 tape.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I really think fans need to stop comparing this Bills team to the 90's Bills. Not even close. Those teams had better everything, coaching to talent. And they had a lot more heart and will to win. They should replace the charging buffalo on the helmet with a picture of Edmunds, he personifies this team. Weak.

Guys like Bill Cower can love on McDermott all they want, so far McDermott has proven time and time again he can't beat good teams in spots that really matter. Once again, as week 5 or 6 rolls around, the Bills' season comes crashing back to earth, the national media will pull back on the praise as per usual, and the Bills return to a middling team that can't step on anyone's throat, and certainly cannot take the division from Belichick. 

NFL media personalities like Kyle Brandt probably feel foolish this morning...

Were they weak when they can back from adversity to beat the Rams? I think Allen for one is anything but soft, physically or mentally.

I agree the defense has played soft, but that seems to be a plague in the league this year. In fact the Titans were one of the toughest teams I've seen play this year. They had an old school element about them that will probably see them go far because so many other teams will struggle to be as physical as them.

If I was McD I'd tell the players that was a good precursor to the Pats games because they'll probably use similar defensive techniques to confuse the Allen 

15 hours ago, SCBills said:

So the Titans, after two weeks off, on a week where the game was in question and we had to game plan for two teams while missing our CB1, CB2, LB and WR2 was our only “true test”?

Not the Rams or Raiders?... Just the Titans?  

Yes.    

Is this my wife messing with me again....asking me about something where I was pretty darn clear on what I said?

Come on you can admit it if it’s really you...