Good Job!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really like this idea.  Tennessee must forfeit Vrabel and hire Gase.  That would most definitely learn 'em

Then the Jets would hire Vrabel and he’d break the protocol again and then the Jets would be forced to fire Vrabel and hire Rex Ryan again.

Edited by Victory Formation

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Hey all, most of you dont know me, i am a Jets fan and i have been here for awhile. Gotta say i am very impressed with how your team has improved and been managed. I am definitely jealous, and i know my team is in the crapper, i expected it this season. I hope you end up winning the division and keep the Pats out of the playoffs. Allen has impressed me and i wish Darnold had the right coaching staff around him to keep him at Allens level. This season sucks, but its good to see other teams than the Pats dominating. Go Jets!

Thanks for the kind words.  Most Bills fans are good people.  Like every fan base, we have a few idiots.  Sorry about those.

The other day I commented that I actually feel sorry for Jets fans.  I know the suffering of a true fan when their team sucks.  We Bills fans have experienced enough of that ourselves.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

But I can't find it in myself to wish you guys well.   For the sake of Jets fans everywhere, I do hope you Darnold  improves and Gase gets replaced.  But I hope you raise to the level of mediocrity, never good enough to compete with the new-look Bills.  I'd be cool with the Bills winning the AFCE and you guys getting into the playoffs as a one-and-done wild card some day.  But no more than that.  

The team you have now is painful to watch.  

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Hey all, most of you dont know me, i am a Jets fan and i have been here for awhile. Gotta say i am very impressed with how your team has improved and been managed. I am definitely jealous, and i know my team is in the crapper, i expected it this season. I hope you end up winning the division and keep the Pats out of the playoffs. Allen has impressed me and i wish Darnold had the right coaching staff around him to keep him at Allens level. This season sucks, but its good to see other teams than the Pats dominating. Go Jets!

1 word crushed you guys and darnold.  Gase.  Wtf were they thinking. 

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

You seem too sane and polite to be a Jests fan

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

To be fair, i think the Jets have broken Darnold, i hope not, but it has happened.

Many Bills fans said the same thing about JP Losman and EJ Manuel

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for the kind words.  Most Bills fans are good people.  Like every fan base, we have a few idiots.  Sorry about those.

The other day I commented that I actually feel sorry for Jets fans.  I know the suffering of a true fan when their team sucks.  We Bills fans have experienced enough of that ourselves.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

But I can't find it in myself to wish you guys well.   For the sake of Jets fans everywhere, I do hope you Darnold  improves and Gase gets replaced.  But I hope you raise to the level of mediocrity, never good enough to compete with the new-look Bills.  I'd be cool with the Bills winning the AFCE and you guys getting into the playoffs as a one-and-done wild card some day.  But no more than that.  

The team you have now is painful to watch.  

Hondo, you’re a tough crowd.  I never said I want them to win the East, but if those guys get a WC spot, that’s fine with me.  I went to college with mostly downstaters, and crazy enough married one.  She is a true blue Bills fan though.  I just like the guy is straight up, not passive aggressive, and others know if you’re honest, say you’re piece, we are going to be respectful.  I don’t mind dissenting opinions as long as they are straight.

Now don’t go all Sapuku  on me Hondo.  Good to hear from you bud.  Glad Greenie received a little love on the board.  That’s how it is supposed to be.  I don’t go to other boards as a waste of my time, but if others want to come here, welcome guys.  I know we occasionally get Steelers, Browns and other fans and I guess if that works for them, great.

4 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I would have liked this post, but for the bolded part!  

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

Edited by RyanC883

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Too true.  I so clearly remember when we hired Chan Gailey.  We were all talking about who we might get as HC and what he might do.  Was the Chin a possibility?  Who were they talking to?  They hired someone.  Chan Gailey.  WHO?  Such a deflation.

The Bills hired Chan Gailey as a last resort. So many NFL assistant coaches wouldn't even interview for the buffalo job. Nobody worth a darn wanted the Buffalo job as Bills owner Ralph Wilson was a known meddler, micro manager.

At the start of looking for a new HC someone let slip (Brandon?) that the Buffalo Bills would pay a head coach 10 million per. This caught the attention of Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan, even though the later had already taken the Redskins HCing job. Both interviewed and there was no real way the Bills would pay anyone that much. 

Anyway, Cowher came in with a list of people he would hire as his assistants in his interview and he had listed Gailey as his OC. The Bills brought in Gailey and what sold Wilson on him was that he stated he could win games without big name, super star players. (per SI)

Current Bills GM Buddy Nix had talked with Marty Schottenheimer and old Marty desperately wanted the Bills job. For whatever reason Bills owner Ralph Wilson shot that down. 

Talk about decades of dysfunction. Hiring GM's who were never previously a GM's, one an old friend who was a ex HC, one a retired 70 year old assistant GM, scout, one a rascally marketing guy. The only two good GM's the man had he ended up firing, one because he called the owners daughter a bad name (she was working for the team). One because he refused a contract offer. 

The NY Jets currently have owners that think they know everything about the NFL and yet keep hiring the wrong people over and over...I'm kinda happy they do.