[Misleading Title] Bills Seeing the Positive Effects of COVID

theRalph

With positively no disrespect intended for anyone affected by this pandemic, the Bills may experience some positive COVID effects to go along with their prolific offense:

1. Brain Hoyer will make his first start ever for the Pats and I'm guessing this will be a big advantage for KC. A Chief's win gives the Bills a two-game division lead at the quarter pole. I'd much rather see Cam Newton play, as no one wants to see an asterisk on the NE record but, as they say in Pats land, "It is what it is".

2.The Titans, next for the Bills, have been in upheaval with the positives. The Bills have an edge and possible a free win at hand. Some say the Titans might be better rested after their self-made bye week, but as Eric Wood points out, its not "quality rest" without treatments and trainers and facilities. Now, Roger Goodell has used the word "forfeiture" as a possibility if a team cannot honor the schedule. Tomorrow's COVID tests at the TItan's facility are huge.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm not overlooking a Bellichick-coached team. Brian Hoyer is a good-enough back up.

These effects aren't much different than typical injuries of any given year, are they?

While I'd agree with you regarding Cam and NE, what's happened to Tenn is above and beyond and injuries.  Plus you'd usually know by Monday who got hurt in last weeks game and can't play the following week or will be questionable.  Here' you have players hitting the "injury list" every day.  How many teams lose ten players in one week of practice?  How many will still be out next week too?  10 days after symptoms, so makes it hard to even know who will or won't be available.

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm not overlooking a Bellichick-coached team. Brian Hoyer is a good-enough back up.

These effects aren't much different than typical injuries of any given year, are they?

You never know what you get with Hoyer.  He could have a good game or he could put up 40% completion stats with INTs.

29 minutes ago, theRalph said:

With positively no disrespect intended for anyone affected by this pandemic, the Bills may experience some positive COVID effects to go along with their prolific offense:

1. Brain Hoyer will make his first start ever for the Pats and I'm guessing this will be a big advantage for KC. A Chief's win gives the Bills a two-game division lead at the quarter pole. I'd much rather see Cam Newton play, as no one wants to see an asterisk on the NE record but, as they say in Pats land, "It is what it is".

2.The Titans, next for the Bills, have been in upheaval with the positives. The Bills have an edge and possible a free win at hand. Some say the Titans might be better rested after their self-made bye week, but as Eric Wood points out, its not "quality rest" without treatments and trainers and facilities. Now, Roger Goodell has used the word "forfeiture" as a possibility if a team cannot honor the schedule. Tomorrow's COVID tests at the TItan's facility are huge.

could you please rephrase the title? It’s probably not worth any potential controversy for questionable choice of words. Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Fortunately the Bills have a HC and team leaders that will not allow any of their teammates to believe they have any advantage in any way.

I agree with the poster above who said that the Pats would lose to KC regardless of which of their QBs plays.  That said, Hoyer is a bit like Fitz.  He is a veteran journeyman backup that has bounced around the league.  He 's had several stints where he has made starts and played extremely well and looks like he could be a long-term starter, then he tends to revert back to poor play and teams move on from him.  He could come out hot and play a really great game, although I still think the Chiefs offense is too potent and KC will win.  Note I am only comparing Hoyer's on the field product to Fitz's.  From a personality perspective, Fitz is a great guy that nobody compares to!  (I know nothing about Hoyer's personality, nor do I really care!)

As to the Titans' situation, it is unprecedented, but I think the chaos they are facing right now could be an advantage to the Bills.