NFL Passing Yards record soon to be broken

BobbyC81

I don’t believe I’m going much out on a limb here.  With Dak Prescott’s 502 yard game vs Cleveland on Sunday, I looked up what the record was. In 1951 Norm Van Brocklin of the Rams threw for 554 yards.  With the NFL being such a passing league now, it’s amazing that the record goes back that far.

In recent seasons, Matt Schaub of the Texans threw for 527 yards in 2012.  Warren Moon also threw for 527 yards in 1990.

At this point, it seems to not be if Van Brocklin’s record will be broken but when.  Could it be this season?

10 minutes ago, ColeB said:

I don’t believe I’m going much out on a limb here.  With Dak Prescott’s 502 yard game vs Cleveland on Sunday, I looked up what the record was. In 1951 Norm Van Brocklin of the Rams threw for 554 yards.  With the NFL being such a passing league now, it’s amazing that the record goes back that far.

In recent seasons, Matt Schaub of the Texans threw for 527 yards in 2012.  Warren Moon also threw for 527 yards in 1990.

At this point, it seems to not be if Van Brocklin’s record will be broken but when.  Could it be this season?

It wasn’t until yesterday, the refs have been keeping the yellow scarfs in their pockets.  Yesterday, I saw a bunch.  I don’t want to get all conspiracy theorists, but unless it’s been Reported, it seems like the league wanted the games in the beginning of the season smoothly so they aren’t calling as many holds, etc.

Im guessing the defenses will catch up, the penalty flags will slowly be pulled out more often, and things will get back to normal.  This does mean there is no way keeps up this pace, but who before the season expected him to throw for 5300 yards, 53 TD’s, and only 1 bogus INT THAT WASNT AN INT!  I also expected a better run game, and better defense.  I do believe in these guys will figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’ll probably be Dak in a game they loose...

Let me reiterate what I have said many times 

No QB that lead the NFL in passing yards in a season has never gone on to win the SB that season.  

Now, being #'s 2 - 5 is a different story. 

Feel free to fact check me. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cowboys might have the best 3 WR set in NFL history. Make a case that all 3 are #1 WR's. 

Just a shame that their defense is awful.

Actually.... nevermind.  It's not a shame watching them lose.

• Haha (+1) 1

When opening this thread I thought it was going to be about season stats.

Right now record is 5477y by Peyton Manning in 2013. Dak has 1690 right now which is on pace to 6760 :)

He will not sustain it, bu he is so ahead schedule that he only needs to average 316y/g for the remainder of the season to break the record. I'd say he makes it barring injury.

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

When opening this thread I thought it was going to be about season stats.

Right now record is 5477y by Peyton Manning in 2013. Dak has 1690 right now which is on pace to 6760 :)

He will not sustain it, bu he is so ahead schedule that he only needs to average 316y/g for the remainder of the season to break the record. I'd say he makes it barring injury.

He'll sustain it if his defense sucks that bad.