War with China?

There are some people here who blame China for the release of the COVID-19 virus and its spread in this country.  That allegation has taken on new import with the President’s apparent infection with the virus.  

Of course the President could have taken certain precautionary measures, such as not flirting with junk science COVID-19 cures (hyrdoxychloroquine, medicinal Lysol) and, maybe, perhaps, wearing a mask when in a group setting.  

But that ship has sailed, and we now have many new questions before us.  Given the view of some here that China, and only China, is responsible for the spread of this virus in our country, the question becomes whether China has elevated this situation to a new and dangerous level inasmuch as it has “attacked” our President.  

So, is it time to declare war on China?

Discuss. 

Edited by SectionC3

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There are some people here who blame China for the release of the COVID-19 virus and its spread in this country.  That allegation has taken on new import with the President’s apparent infection with the virus.  

Of course the President could have taken certain precautionary measures, such as not flirting with junk science COVID-19 cures (hyrdoxychloroquine, medicinal Lysol) and, maybe, perhaps, wearing a mask when in a group setting.  

But that ship has sailed, and we now have many new questions before us.  Given the view of some here that China, and only China, is responsible for the spread of this virus in our country, the question becomes whether China has elevated this situation to a new and dangerous level inasmuch as it has “attacked” our President.  

Discuss. 

Can all the people who lost loves ones to the Spanish Flu declare war on America?

5 minutes ago, meazza said:

Can all the people who lost loves ones to the Spanish Flu declare war on America?

I’m asking you.  I think it’s pretty stupid to suggest that China is responsible for the federal incompetence in failing to meaningfully act to curb the spread of the virus.  But others ascribe to that stupid idea.  So it’s fair to ask whether they support the equally stupid idea of declaring war on China now that trump has been, in their eyes, “attacked.”

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Chinese state media mocks Trump's positive virus test: 'Paid the price for his gamble to play down' pandemic

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519296-chinese-state-media-mocks-trumps-positive-coronavirus-test-paid-the

I saw that earlier.  Hilarious and true! 

If Obama and Hillary were running things I would be very worried about going to war. They seemed to enjoy it. On a couple levels. It helps enrich the bankers and by extension them. I also think they get off on death and destruction.  Trump, on the other hand,  has made every effort to stay out of conflicts. Russian, North Korea etc.  Orange man not bad.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Ah, as a war hawk...NO. 

We need to take action against China through trade and it needs to be a multinational coalition that destroys Chinas economy. 

Why would you say no as a war hawk?  Doesn’t that mean that you like war?

Or are you saying that, even as a war hawk, you think this is a stupid idea (because nobody attacked Trump and he acquired the virus through his own stupidity)?

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Destroys their economy? Get real 

...k, so their economy thrives on exports. Exports are goods that are manufactured and then sold to another country...

Now that that’s covered let’s move on. If a multinational coalition, Japan, S. Korea, Australia, Canada, the UK, and the EU form a bloc that imposed sanctions and cut Chinese exports well hurt chinas economy gravely. 

Logistics are an issue. Trump knows it. ‘Member Obama’s ‘those jobs aren’t coming back’ nonsense? Trump recognizes the threat that is China and has been working diligently to bring manufacturing jobs back to America so that if we go to war with China we actually have the factories making the goods necessary to fight that war. 

The best way to fight China is to kick them in the wallet. 

Just now, bdutton said:

No

Now stop creating stupid threads.

Our president was attacked, right?  Apparently you don’t love the president if you don’t support punishing China.  Sad.  Your Trumper pals are going to be pretty upset with you. 

Just now, GG said:

Gee took much shorter than I thought for the killing brigade to start advocating war with China.

Much less time, intellectual standard bearer.  Much less time.  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Why would you say no as a war hawk?  Doesn’t that mean that you like war?

Or are you saying that, even as a war hawk, you think this is a stupid idea (because nobody attacked Trump and he acquired the virus through his own stupidity)?

I think we’re not logistically ready for a war w/ China. They make too much of our stuff. 

Do I like war? No. I don’t want it. But I believe that sometimes overwhelming violence can end an issue before it truly gets bad. I mean if France had just attacked Germany in ‘39 when the German army was in Poland....

So, I advocate for violence when I think it’ll save lives. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Chinese state media mocks Trump's positive virus test: 'Paid the price for his gamble to play down' pandemic

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519296-chinese-state-media-mocks-trumps-positive-coronavirus-test-paid-the

No, we all paid the price for China's lying.  Crush them economically and let them eat themselves in 10 years when the 1-child policy comes home to roost.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Discuss. 

This is scientific evidence that TDS is much more dangerous than wuhan flu. 

36 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This virus' greatest contribution to the world is pointing out that far too many of our most important products (think antibiotics and such) are not made in America.

Going to war with any first world power is a fool's errand. 

..agree.....bringing that home will be far more effective than a war...............and more beneficial to the US..............

Don't need to go to war with them.  Just need to wait them out.  They've got a billion more citizens than us. These are people that need to be fed and employed with not enough of their own resources to accomplish it.  They're not making any friends who matter.  They're going to get squeezed by their own bad decisions soon enough.