Survivor Pool

Doc

In my pool this week I took Pittsburgh over Jacksonville.  We have 36 left & the most popular games are the LAC over Jets (18) & Minnesota over Dallas (10).  The reason Pittsburgh was so low was only 6 of us had Pittsburgh left to use.  I was going to use them 2 weeks ago but once SF got hit with all their injuries & Covid I used GB against the Niners on the Thursday night game.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

In my pool this week I took Pittsburgh over Jacksonville.  We have 36 left & the most popular games are the LAC over Jets (18) & Minnesota over Dallas (10).  The reason Pittsburgh was so low was only 6 of us had Pittsburgh left to use.  I was going to use them 2 weeks ago but once SF got hit with all their injuries & Covid I used GB against the Niners on the Thursday night game.  

That’s what I’m hoping for this week in regards to the Steelers usage. I feel a lot of people have already used them. Luckily I still have them. Otherwise the Chargers over the Jets would tempt me. I can honestly see an upset there though. Flacco played well last game with a healthy receiving group. 

11 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

That’s what I’m hoping for this week in regards to the Steelers usage. I feel a lot of people have already used them. Luckily I still have them. Otherwise the Chargers over the Jets would tempt me. I can honestly see an upset there though. Flacco played well last game with a healthy receiving group. 

Flacco's been told to embrace the tank.

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Knew the Vikings would cost me but didn’t have any alternatives and that ends my survivor league streak.

We lost 10 people in my pool from that game.  I suspect that many of the people who picked Minnesota didn't realize that Dallas had Andy Dalton back and was not starting Gilbert or the rookie.  

• 3 weeks later...

OK, need help.  I need to choose a winner from:

Den-Car

Hou-Chi

Dal-Cin

Was-SF

or

Ari over NYG

Ind over LV

Atl over LAC

Cle over Bal. 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Edited by Doc

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Den-Car

Hou-Chi

Dal-Cin

Was-SF

or

Ari over NYG

Ind over LV

Atl over LAC

Cle over GB. 

All of those are tough but the one I like most is Dallas over Cincinnati because Cincy has looked incredibly limited the past two weeks with Brandon Allen at QB. My second favorite is Atl over LAC because Atlanta has looked pretty good the past couple of weeks and LAC has lost five of their last six. Good luck!

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

Den-Car

Hou-Chi

Dal-Cin

Was-SF

or

Ari over NYG

Ind over LV

Atl over LAC

Cle over GB. 

That's a tough slate.  I like Hou over bears for a few reasons, but chicago is on a big skid and likely to have a bounce back game at some point.  Atl over chargers should be a good pick, but either of those teams could lose any game at any point.  SF over wsh could be good, but hard to judge SF effort after we eliminated them.  You mixed up cle and gb, but I wouldn't touch either game.

Edited by Rew
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rew said:

That's a tough slate.  I like Hou over bears for a few reasons, but chicago is on a big skid and likely to have a bounce back game at some point.  Atl over chargers should be a good pick, but either of those teams could lose any game at any point.  SF over wsh could be good, but hard to judge SF effort after we eliminated them.  You mixed up cle and gb, but I wouldn't touch either game.

Yeah, meant Bal.  Used GB already and not taking Det.

22 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Seattle over the Jets or Tennessee over Jacksonville today? I’m heavily leaning Tenn over Jacksonville due to future value. I don’t see myself loving picking the Titans in the coming weeks. I can see myself taking Seattle. 

I've already used Ten and I'm taking Sea over NYJ with the other pick (that's a no-brainer).  I'm leaning Colts over LV.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, meant Bal.  Used GB already and not taking Det.

I've already used Ten and I'm taking Sea over NYJ with the other pick (that's a no-brainer).  I'm leaning Colts over LV.

I think the colts should win, but which raiders team are you going against is the question.  The team that beat the chiefs and saints or the one that got blown out by the falcons and struggled vs the Jets?  Jacobs is back and apparently healthy.  I don't dislike the pick, but it has the feeling like it will swing strongly for you or against you.  Some of the other ones will probably be a bit closer.

2 minutes ago, Rew said:

I think the colts should win, but which raiders team are you going against is the question.  The team that beat the chiefs and saints or the one that got blown out by the falcons and struggled vs the Jets?  Jacobs is back and apparently healthy.  I don't dislike the pick, but it has the feeling like it will swing strongly for you or against you.  Some of the other ones will probably be a bit closer.

If Jacobs is back that changes things.  Oy.

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK, who ya got this weekend?  I still have 2 entries.  My choices are as follows:

Hou or Ind

Cheaters over Mia

Chi over Min

WFT over Sea

SF over Dal

Ari over Phi

Cle over NYG

I am notoriously bad at these and you have a tough slate here.

I think the one I feel best about is Ari over Phi.  Hurts now has some tape on him and Ari looked like they may have returned to form last week.

I like Ind over Hou but Rivers cost me when they lost to the freaking Jags week 1 

Cle over NYG, and Cheaters over Mia but don't have strong convictions on and could see each game going either way.

Chi over Min and SF over Dal I don't feel great about

WFT over Sea I straight up don't like 

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK, who ya got this weekend?  I still have 2 entries.  My choices are as follows:

Hou or Ind

Cheaters over Mia

Chi over Min

WFT over Sea

SF over Dal

Ari over Phi

Cle over NYG

Out of that I'd also take Arizona over Philly, 2nd choice with be Browns over Giants because I believe Danny dimes is out

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

OK, make it through with both picks.  This week is a 2-pick weekend.  I'm taking the Bears over the Jags (the Jags tweeted-out after the Jets beat the Rams that Christmas came early for them, so I'm sure they're losing the rest of their games) with both picks, but the others I need help with:

SF or ARi

Car or WFT

Den over LAC

Cin or Hou