we picked the right Josh.

Thank god Beane and McD got Allen before Arizona could get they’re hands on him like they wanted. The sky’s the limit for Allen’s development, first 400 yard passer since Bledsoe back in 02. Guys got grit and toughness and leadership skills that this franchise has been desperately been looking for at the QB position for quite a number of years now. Darnold looks like a complete mess, Rosen isn’t even playing and Mayfield( minus his win) looks meh at this point and OBJ wants out of Cleveland. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
Changed title

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah I mean the other one had to watch this game from the sidelines....no wait the Dolphins cut him and he's now warming the bench on his 3rd team.

Yeah he’s probably the biggest bust in the 18 draft and Darnold is coming to a close second behind Rosen on the bust list 

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

There is no longer an argument that darnold/mayfield/rosen are better than allen.  Everyone who thought otherwise was wrong

For sure, looks like the USC QB curse continues lol. I can’t even remember the last good QB to come out of UCLA with the exception of Aikman 

Allen is now in a consistent offense with the same OC and consistent (good) players around him.  Last season there were TWO returning starters on that side of the ball and one of them was Allen.  This year, most of the truly productive players on offense are back and the only significant addition addressed our largest weakness. 

Granted, neither the Jets nor Dolphins are great defenses but if you don't see Allen's progress it's because you don't want to.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Virgil said:

You need 4 years to evaluate a quarterback.  Rosen could still end up being the "right" Josh

It would be interesting if Brady retired and Rosen became the guy to replace him.

But I won't put any money on that. That dude just doesn't seem to have what it takes.

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Mea culpa. I was so bitter when they chose Allen over Rosen. It upset my week with several rants. I said you can't teach accuracy.  Watching him drop dimes today and last week makes me realize how little I know. Sign Beane long term and then Milano!

I said the same thing leading up to the draft, but actually watching Allen his rookie year it became clear to me that his issues were not accuracy related. They were mostly decision making and game experience, and mechanics on a couple specific types of throws.

It taught me that there is way more to accuracy than just the completion percentage number.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I said the same thing leading up to the draft, but actually watching Allen his rookie year it became clear to me that his issues were not accuracy related. They were mostly decision making and game experience, and mechanics on a couple specific types of throws.

It taught me that there is way more to accuracy than just the completion percentage number.

He keeps improving.  Kid's a leader.

Edited by Green Lightning