Bills release DiMarco, injury settlement

PromoTheRobot

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who cares now.  He was with the Bills and now he's gone.  Next man up!

Clay Matthews may be just the man to slake the thirst for a locker room leader....

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WEO's gotta WEO. 

Now now....Like doc,  McD has shown he ultimately can come around to concluding things many on this board had already posted.  Like you start your rookie top 10 draft pick his rookie year (instead of the worst QB in history).  And now he has set free a roster spot squatter who's main contribution was handing out "attaboys" in the locker room.  

At the end of the day---all is well!

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Obviously McD doesn't value his leadership that much--or "locker room leaders".  So...inexplicable.

Maybe he got the message that paying millions to old white scrubs to "lead" a locker room of mostly young black players was not a great look anymore...

???

i don’t get it. Is this a joke?

Am I the only one who’s going to say this or who’s thinking this but let’s just call it like it is, the DiMarco signing was a very bad signing.

If it was a Doug Whaley signing, in two years people on this board would be all over it yucking it up, I hope in two years, God willing McBeane are still here (means we’re still doing well, I’m a convert), I hope TBD is fair when we look back at this signing in two years and we’re yucking it up too—gotta be fair and call it what it is (I can’t use any metaphors or jokes or I’d be ostracized by the SJWs).

4 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Am I the only one who’s going to say this or who’s thinking this but let’s just call it like it is, the DiMarco signing was a very bad signing.

If it was a Doug Whaley signing, in two years people on this board would be all over it yucking it up, I hope in two years, God willing McBeane are still here (means we’re still doing well, I’m a convert), I hope TBD is fair when we look back at this signing in two years and we’re yucking it up too—gotta be fair and call it what it is (I can’t use any metaphors or jokes or I’d be ostracized by the SJWs).

I would disagree that he was a very bad signing.  Not real good but he served a purpose as a FB and ST players.

It was obvious that the purpose was no longer needed this year.

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I would disagree that he was a very bad signing.  Not real good but he served a purpose as a FB and ST players.

Yeah it wasn't a bad signing, much less very bad.  And his neck injury basically should end his career.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

He served a very expensive purpose when you look at the going rate for full backs.  And, as much as we hate the cursed PFF, here’s a take at their assessment of his effectiveness:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/patrick-dimarco/6997

But, at the end of the day he he brought me more joy with that go route than Peterman did. 😉.  Let’s have some fun guys football starts tomorrow, for us!

Edited by biggerdaddynj

13 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

He served a very expensive purpose when you look at the going rate for full backs.  And, as much as we hate the cursed PFF, here’s a take at their assessment of his effectiveness:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/patrick-dimarco/6997

But, at the end of the day he he brought me more joy with that go route than Peterman did. 😉.  Let’s have some fun guys football starts tomorrow, for us!

I agree he wasn't all that as a FB especially for the money they paid him.  He was a ST Captain which I believe was his perceived worth.

Yes his go routes were comment producers!

On 9/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Could be, but McD has been picking up the check for DiMarco for a few years now, inexplicably...

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2020/2/23/21149383/contract-projection-for-buffalo-bills-fullback-patrick-dimarco

And let’s remember this was Sean D’s first year and everyone, or most people, are adamant about the “fact” that he ran the show the first year.

I’m not trying to parse words (“bad” v “not good”) or stir up trouble for no reason but since someone started the discussion (and I have a cold beer) and I love this for the humor factor of that horribly ill conceived pass by our offensive genius Daboll, we are really have nothing to do while we wait for tomorrow.

I just like the record to be clear and for credit to go where it should go for a good moves and bad movds. If you don’t wanna say this was and let’s remember this was Sean make these first year and everyone, or most people, will say that he ran the show the first year. I’m not trying to parse words or stir up trouble for no reason but since we are really have nothing to do while we wait for tomorrow, I just like the record to be clear and for credit to go where it should go for a good moves and bad moves. If you don’t wanna say this was a bad signing then you have to at least admit that it wasn’t a good signing and that was before the injury.  We couldn’t afford Juszczyk but that doesn’t excuse the “not good” signing.  

And, for anyone who wants to trash me about injuries, I am extremely empathetic to people who suffer from pain and injuries,  please know that I have had multiple spinal surgeries and very likely more spinal

intraventional procedures than most non-athletic related spinal injuries (just wish I wasn’t a law enforcement officer so I could try other “alternative treatments” ☘️—I couldn’t find the right emoji and I could use all the good luck I can get so wet with the clover!). 

1 hour ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Haha, he was a special teams player who occasionally played on offense. What's the issue?

1 hour ago, biggerdaddynj said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2020/2/23/21149383/contract-projection-for-buffalo-bills-fullback-patrick-dimarco

And let’s remember this was Sean D’s first year and everyone, or most people, are adamant about the “fact” that he ran the show the first year.

I’m not trying to parse words (“bad” v “not good”) or stir up trouble for no reason but since someone started the discussion (and I have a cold beer) and I love this for the humor factor of that horribly ill conceived pass by our offensive genius Daboll, we are really have nothing to do while we wait for tomorrow.

I just like the record to be clear and for credit to go where it should go for a good moves and bad movds. If you don’t wanna say this was and let’s remember this was Sean make these first year and everyone, or most people, will say that he ran the show the first year. I’m not trying to parse words or stir up trouble for no reason but since we are really have nothing to do while we wait for tomorrow, I just like the record to be clear and for credit to go where it should go for a good moves and bad moves. If you don’t wanna say this was a bad signing then you have to at least admit that it wasn’t a good signing and that was before the injury.  We couldn’t afford Juszczyk but that doesn’t excuse the “not good” signing.  

And, for anyone who wants to trash me about injuries, I am extremely empathetic to people who suffer from pain and injuries,  please know that I have had multiple spinal surgeries and very likely more spinal

intraventional procedures than most non-athletic related spinal injuries (just wish I wasn’t a law enforcement officer so I could try other “alternative treatments” ☘️—I couldn’t find the right emoji and I could use all the good luck I can get so wet with the clover!). 

I think you’ve had enough beer for now...

wtf