Just So We Know Who We're Dealing With - Your Adult Voting History, Please

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

However I will not abide Communists, or what Democrats have become. I will not abide coup attempts, or weaponizing the state against political opponents. I will not abide violent mobs being used as political leverage (vote for us and we‘ll stop burning down your cities).

As such, I will not ever, and I mean ever vote for any Democrat in any level of government again.  Not even for dog catcher.

I'm in the same boat. 100% why I walked away. After what Democrats did to my community, I'll never vote Democrat again. NEVER.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Go figure:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/richardvedder/2018/07/23/diversity-and-other-administrative-monstrousities-the-case-of-the-university-of-michigan/#1881fa1468ec

University of Michigan has nearly 100 diversity officers with 25 of them making at least 100k a year. Total cost works out to about $300 per student. 

Unfortunately this is not uncommon. Colleges are indoctrinating the youth and we are all paying for it with tax dollars.

It is a way to pay for the garbage degrees pushed on young people going into horrible life changing debt.

I happily support any young person wanting to pursue a career in Line walking, electrical, plumbing etc. Skilled trades are great!

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

The government stepped in to make student loans more available and the colleges and universities started letting everyone in. Education got way more expensive and fewer people got an education that would allow them to pay back those loans. 

Another example of why government money in a number of pursuits is bad. But Democrats want more money spent.

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

1992 ... Bush
1996 ... DNV
2000 ... Bush
2004 ... DNV
2008 ... Bob Barr {protest vote}
2012 ... Romney
2016 ... Trump
2020 ... will not vote

I was a crazy leftist, and am now voting Trump.

I'm curious why you went the other way.

9 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Another example of why government money in a number of pursuits is bad. But Democrats want more money spent.

I was a crazy leftist, and am now voting Trump.

I'm curious why you went the other way.

I just don't like the guy. His petty bull#### skirmishes during the critical months of COVID lost me. I think we're ***** either way, to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Because I'd be voting for the guy I believe is "slightly less of an imbecile than the other." That's not exactly palatable to me.

So you'd be OK with the bigger imbecile becoming President?

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I just don't like the guy. His petty bull#### skirmishes during the critical months of COVID lost me. I think we're ***** either way, to be honest.

Always remember...You’re not voting for someone to be your friend. Trump is fighting against an entrenched apparatus that’s determined to extinguish the flame of freedom in America. Yes, it gets ugly sometimes but don’t let the media jackals win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'm in the same boat. 100% why I walked away. After what Democrats did to my community, I'll never vote Democrat again. NEVER.

Shouldn't every candidate be judged on their own?  Saying you will never vote a party is a very dangerous thought process imo.

Here is mine:

2000: Gore - Bush was a legacy and I liked Gore.  Bush seems like a great guy to have a beer with but not someone I would want running the country.

2004: Kerry - I really did not like the handling of 9/11 and the war machine ramping up.  It became clear that Cheney was running the country and we were making a lot of international gaffes in the name of money.  WMDs and the destabilization of the middle east directly at our hands while being in bed with Saudi Arabia was the first time I really started to be weary of the direction of the country.

2008: McCain - Lost some friends to the war/conflict/whatever and McCain's status as a POW/veteran made me feel like he would be the best person to handle detangling ourselves from the middle east. 

2012: Obama - I bought into the idea that he would be able to be more successful implementing his goals not having to worry about getting re-elected.  I was wrong lol.

2016: Third Party - both Trump and Clinton were disgusting choices imo.  Trump is a con man and Clinton is a con-woman.  She felt that she deserved the nod and the DNC did everything in their power (including screwing Bernie) to get her the bid.  As much as I dislike Trump, knowing she didn't get to rig an election was a small benefit.

2020: Biden - not the best candidate I will admit but Trump is embarrassing.  His twitter beefs, mocking of the disabled reporter, race baiting, and the way he carries himself has made me turn to the lesser of 2 evils.  

Reading through this made me kind of sad and reminded how terrible the 2 party system is.  This November will be my 6th election that I am eligible to vote in.  I have voted FOR someone three times (Gore, McCain, Obama).  The rest of my votes have been of the well I guess type.  

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Always remember...You’re not voting for someone to be your friend. Trump is fighting against an entrenched apparatus that’s determined to extinguish the flame of freedom in America. Yes, it gets ugly sometimes but don’t let the media jackals win. 

I don't think Trump knows what "entrenched apparatus" means. He doesn't know what a lot of things mean, but that doesn't stop him from making an idiot our of himself, repeatedly. It has zero to do with the media or the desire to be friends with him. The guy's a moron, and so is Biden. Like I said, I believe we're ***** either way.

I never voted until 2016. I registered exclusively to vote for Bernie Sanders. After he lost the primary, I voted for Hillary despite her representing everything I detest as a strict anti-Trump vote. 

I voted again for Bernie in the primary this year and am strongly considering sitting out the general election. I would have voted for Obama in 08 but by the time his campaign carried on he compromised much of his early message and lost me. I still generally supported and liked him, but railed against his continuation and expansion of surveillance and drone strikes.

Thanks, everyone, for responding. Much as I suspected, this is an interesting group. Not your standard, "I've been a Democrat since high school," or "I was a Republican until .." answers. A lot of folks who have (like me) been frustrated by the positions of the parties and the character of their candidates over the years. 

• Like (+1) 1