Hoax Casualties

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

94% of deaths from covid had underlying conditions, just 6% died from the virus. If you can't do math, Aqualung, it comes out to 11,000

The fact is, Americans are not very healthy.  Most have some underlying conditions...which is what made COVID19 deadlier than "just a cold".  

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buftex said:

The fact is, Americans are not very healthy.  Most have some underlying conditions...which is what made COVID19 deadlier than "just a cold".  

Sadly, this is true.  Obesity makes COVID-19 much more dangerous here than it might in a different country with different dietary and exercise practices. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

the fact that Trump didn’t accomplish his major policy goals (wall, repeal and replace)

Oh boy, let's talk about Covid-19 in ANOTHER thread!!

In any event, regarding the quoted language, do anti-Trumpers want him to accomplish his policy goals, or do they want him to fail?

Wouldn't anti-Trumpers be happy that he's been stymied by a combination of his own incompetence and separation of powers and #resist government-lifers, as well as never-Trumpers from his own party?

8 minutes ago, snafu said:

Oh boy, let's talk about Covid-19 in ANOTHER thread!!

In any event, regarding the quoted language, do anti-Trumpers want him to accomplish his policy goals, or do they want him to fail?

Wouldn't anti-Trumpers be happy that he's been stymied by a combination of his own incompetence and separation of powers and #resist government-lifers, as well as never-Trumpers from his own party?

Re: your fist question, the answer is that it probably depends on the person.  Most “anti-Trumpers” (I prefer the terms “pro-American” and “pro-Constitution,” but I digress) probably disagree with those initiatives.  The point about “distraction” with which you take issue is not relevant to the discussion of whether COVID-19 is a hoax and whether communist arsonist mass deaths are a separate hoax.  It was made as an explanation of why Trump would want to create the communist arsonist hoax: to distract from his tragic and most unfortunate misidentification of COVID-19 as a hoax.  

Carry on.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Re: your fist question, the answer is that it probably depends on the person.  Most “anti-Trumpers” (I prefer the terms “pro-American” and “pro-Constitution,” but I digress) probably disagree with those initiatives.  The point about “distraction” with which you take issue is not relevant to the discussion of whether COVID-19 is a hoax and whether communist arsonist mass deaths are a separate hoax.  It was made as an explanation of why Trump would want to create the communist arsonist hoax: to distract from his tragic and most unfortunate misidentification of COVID-19 as a hoax.  

Carry on.  

I purposefully edited out the "distraction" part.

I didn't take "issue" with it one way or another -- on purpose.  You shouldn't read more than what's written.  I'd add that you actually made it relevant to the discussion when you used it as a second reason for your described Trump "distraction".  See here, the use of the word "also".

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It also is meant to distract

And you didn't answer my second question.  No need.  You can "carry on" with your distortions.  I won't be participating in your thread.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I purposefully edited out the "distraction" part.

I didn't take "issue" with it one way or another -- on purpose.  You shouldn't read more than what's written.  I'd add that you actually made it relevant to the discussion when you used it as a second reason for your described Trump "distraction".  See here, the use of the word "also".

And you didn't answer my second question.  No need.  You can "carry on" with your distortions.  I won't be participating in your thread.

Sorry to hear that. Have a nice day. 

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Sadly, this is true.  Obesity makes COVID-19 much more dangerous here than it might in a different country with different dietary and exercise practices. 

...you do realize that it includes "thought to be overweight gray matter".......many Dems suffer from this added weight........and its value is equal to belly fat.......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you do realize that it includes "thought to be overweight gray matter".......many Dems suffer from this added weight........and its value is equal to belly fat.......

Not sure what you’re getting at.  Maybe those dudes you pay $450/hour to do your legal work can clarify.  

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Not sure what you’re getting at.  Maybe those dudes you pay $450/hour to do your legal work can clarify.  

...you're the lawyer and not me.......I hand you your Popeye's chicken sandwich at the drive thru................

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you're the lawyer and not me.......I hand you your Popeye's chicken sandwich at the drive thru................

Hoax on the latter part.  I’m a vegetarian.  And I doubt you’re a fast food worker.  Dopey opinions on your end, to be sure, but you are not a dope.  

The US needs to talk about long-term coronavirus symptoms, a doctor and a patient say  

Doctors baffled by Covid-19 'long hauler' patients 03:49

(CNN)It's been almost five months since Shelby Hedgecock tested positive for Covid-19, and the former personal trainer said her symptoms are still debilitating.

Hedgecock is among patients who call themselves "long-haul survivors" -- those who experience symptoms long after testing positive. And long-term effects like theirs need to be taken seriously, a doctor researching these symptoms told CNN on Monday night.

Covid-19 can be a prolonged illness, even among young adults without underlying chronic medical conditions, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported in July.

Hedgecock first tested positive in April. And though she tested negative in May, she is still having neurological issues, cognitive issues, shortness of breath, chest pain, loss of smell and body aches and pains that send her to her bed for days if she participates in even gentle yoga, she told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/health/long-haul-coronavirus-doctor-patient/index.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1