Domestic terrorist attack in Wisconsin

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The video shows otherwise. He wasnt walking around with his AR looking to pick people off or start with them. Who in their right mind  tries to defend themselves vs someone with an AR who isn’t threatening them? That’s the definition of stupid, which these knuckleheads who tried to take out Rittenhouse most definitely were. He wasn’t on the side of the lawless rioters and they wanted to kill him because of that. 

Why was he there? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

To protect people and property from rioters that the police and the mayor abandoned because Democratic officials support anarchist in the streets across America.

And where was he those he was there to protect and those he shot when he discharged his weapon? 

Edited by Chef Jim

Just now, Chef Jim said:

And where was he and those he shot when he discharged his weapon? 

In the middle of a lawless environment facilitated by government that sat back and endorsed anarchy.  What else did anyone expect would happen under those circumstances?  I've said this before and it seems to go over a lot of people's heads.  And exactly what are the rules for defending yourself during a riot?  One the government encourages and takes no action to stop?  Anybody with an ounce of common sense and a weapon would have done the same thing that kid did.  If you think you wouldn't do the same thing then you'd be dead.  Period.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Let me ask you.  Do you think anyone would attempt to confront and disarm someone they saw walking down the street with an AR?

Just walking down the street?  Not anyone with any intelligence.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes.  Some idiots assaulted him.  He defended himself by killing them.  Had no one bothered him, no one would have died.

Again why was he there?  And I mean in Kenosha not the street. 

Edited by Chef Jim

55 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Let me ask you.  Do you think anyone would attempt to confront and disarm someone they saw walking down the street with an AR? 

Well, that's exactly what happened. I suggest you at least educate yourself before making any assumption. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Again why was he there? 

Your point is about how he was stupid- but he did not start the fight, he simply reacted to it. If I am in Compton at 3 am I am inviting trouble but that does not make it any less self defense of the same situation played out.

Just now, Beast said:

Well, that's exactly what happened. I suggest you at least educate yourself before making any assumption. 

No I think someone who has not been tainted by the opinion pieces from both sides discussing this is just what is needed.

Ok someone....why was he is Kenosha? 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Assuming his reason wasn't to wax innocent individuals on the street, does it matter? 

Answer the damn question.  It's very simple.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your point is about how he was stupid- but he did not start the fight, he simply reacted to it. If I am in Compton at 3 am I am inviting trouble but that does not make it any less self defense of the same situation played out.

Did he react to the fight in an offensive or a defensive mode?  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

No I think someone who has not been tainted by the opinion pieces from both sides discussing this is just what is needed.

Ok someone....why was he is Kenosha? 

Answer the damn question.  It's very simple.  

Settle down Chef Pippy Longstocking.  I just showed up at at the ho-down and haven't even grabbed a beer yet. 

I'll rephrase.  It doesn't much matter why he was there.  It's a free country, and other people were there, lots of them, and not a whole lot of them are on trial for murder.  Why do you think that matters? 

Just now, Doc said:

To protect a business and help people in need.  Why were the rioters there?

Was the business he was there to protect in the street?  

I'm not even going to address your second point because it is not at all germane to the conversation. 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Settle down Chef Pippy Longstocking.  I just showed up at at the ho-down and haven't even grabbed a beer yet. 

I'll rephrase.  It doesn't much matter why he was there.  It's a free country, and other people were there, lots of them, and not a whole lot of them are on trial for murder.  Why do you think that matters? 

Sorry but I get pissed off when people ole my questions.  

It absolutely matters why he was there.  What was his intent for being there and how the correlates (or not) with the fact he shot people in the street. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not even going to address your second point because it is not at all germane to the conversation.

Your question isn't germane to the conversation.  Merely having an AR-15 isn't justification to assault someone no matter where he was.  And he had as much a right to be there as the guys he shot had.

Edited by Doc

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry but I get pissed off when people ole my questions.  

It absolutely matters why he was there.  What was his intent for being there and how the correlates (or not) with the fact he shot people in the street. 

No hard feelings, but that wasn't my intent.  I generally appreciate your ground and pound approach to asking questions, and will acknowledge I'm incorrect if at some point I see the importance of the question. 

It doesn't matter why he was there, unless of course he's acknowledged being there to off some rioters. That hasn't been the position taken by the defense.  That's the prosecution's assertion, wild child white supremacist travels to kenosha to dust some heros.    If the prosecution convinces the jury that's what happened, it doesn't matter why he really was there even if it was to save the world from rioters.  If the defense prevails, it doesn't actually matter if he WAS there to shoot some boy scouts jamboreeing around a campfire made with expensive furniture from a local store.  

At this point, the trial boils down to which side sells the more credible tale to the jury.  All the rest is window dressing. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No hard feelings, but that wasn't my intent.  I generally appreciate your ground and pound approach to asking questions, and will acknowledge I'm incorrect if at some point I see the importance of the question. 

It doesn't matter why he was there, unless of course he's acknowledged being there to off some rioters. That hasn't been the position taken by the defense.  That's the prosecution's assertion, wild child white supremacist travels to kenosha to dust some heros.    If the prosecution convinces the jury that's what happened, it doesn't matter why he really was there even if it was to save the world from rioters.  If the defense prevails, it doesn't actually matter if he WAS there to shoot some boy scouts jamboreeing around a campfire made with expensive furniture from a local store.  

At this point, the trial boils down to which side sells the more credible tale to the jury.  All the rest is window dressing.

It's less of who tells the more credible story than it is just look at the footage.  If Rittenhouse gets acquitted, like he should, he can thank those who videotaped it for saving his bacon.  And those who videotaped it likely were on the side of the dead guys, and thus unwittingly helped Rittenhouse avoid prosecution.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Your question isn't germane to the conversation.  Merely having an AR-15 isn't justification to assault someone no matter where he was.

My question is incredibly germane.  If he was there to protect a business was he acting in an offensive manner by being in the street instead of in front of the business he was protecting?

I'm playing a huge devil's advocate here.  It's what I do. 

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I think what I see and based on my 30 plus year career trumps what any talking head wants to tell me.

Edited by Beast