Eric Trump

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What’s better - talking to investigators and nipping an investigation in the bud when you’ve done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, or stonewalling and letting it fester?  Common sense said that if the kid did nothing wrong and has nothing to answer for he walks in, answers whatever question is asked, and gets the thing over with.  There’s no such thing as a perjury trap when one hasn’t done anything wrong.  Instead, here, the kid is clamming up, which, as an investigator would only set off alarm bells and tell me it’s time to dig deeper and find out what he might or might not have to say.  

What's best is to exercise your rights as an American citizen in a manner that best protects you as an American citizen.  If a person did nothing wrong, there is no reason to do anything other than that.  You're no more or less innocent one way or the other, and if you feel that you're the victim of political persecution, you lock it down.  

As for your characterization that he's clamming up, sure, maybe the G-men are putting the cuff on him before he scrams, but absent that, the wisest course of action is always---always, 100% of the time---to seek counsel and follow the directive.  

You know it.

I know it.

You know I know it.

I know you know I know it. 

Stop this silliness. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What's best is to exercise your rights as an American citizen in a manner that best protects you as an American citizen.  If a person did nothing wrong, there is no reason to do anything other than that.  You're no more or less innocent one way or the other, and if you feel that you're the victim of political persecution, you lock it down.  

As for your characterization that he's clamming up, sure, maybe the G-men are putting the cuff on him before he scrams, but absent that, the wisest course of action is always---always, 100% of the time---to seek counsel and follow the directive.  

You know it.

I know it.

You know I know it.

I know you know I know it. 

Stop this silliness. 

So what is “best protects” in this situation?  Lingering investigation, subpoena, weeks of press, potential 5A fight?  Or just go in there and laugh it off?  I had someone call me over the weekend who is in a bit of a jam, allegedly did nothing wrong, but has to sit down for an interview this week.  If he walks in weak, he’s going to get run over.  So he can skip the interview (bad plan here), or walk in there, project confidence, and get the thing over with.  Nothing to hide = no reason to hide. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So what is “best protects” in this situation?  Lingering investigation, subpoena, weeks of press, potential 5A fight?  Or just go in there and laugh it off?  I had someone call me over the weekend who is in a bit of a jam, allegedly did nothing wrong, but has to sit down for an interview this week.  If he walks in weak, he’s going to get run over.  So he can skip the interview (bad plan here), or walk in there, project confidence, and get the thing over with.  Nothing to hide = no reason to hide. 

Okey doke.  In spite of the details outlined in this compelling case study, I reject both the premise and assertions you have made here.   I feel like I am dumber for having engaged.  

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This is why you're a third rate lawyer. That's the worst advice I've ever heard! Stick to chasing ambulances. That's pretty much all your good for.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, westside2 said:

This is why you're a third rate lawyer. That's the worst advice I've ever heard! Stick to chasing ambulances. That's pretty much all your good for.

It’s you’re, FYI.  Also, who said that I chase ambulances?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

At least this son didn't get kick out of the service for being a drug addict, had an affair with his dead brother's widow, impregnate a woman in Arkansas, or get a million dollar job in Ukraine for which he had zero knowledge or experience in.

...OR pleaded BROKE to the AK Judge for child support but paid off a $450,000 lien in 48 hours.....the honesty (COUGH) acorn don't fall too far from the tree..............

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

What’s better - talking to investigators and nipping an investigation in the bud when you’ve done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, or stonewalling and letting it fester?  Common sense said that if the kid did nothing wrong and has nothing to answer for he walks in, answers whatever question is asked, and gets the thing over with.  There’s no such thing as a perjury trap when one hasn’t done anything wrong.  Instead, here, the kid is clamming up, which, as an investigator would only set off alarm bells and tell me it’s time to dig deeper and find out what he might or might not have to say.  

Why is remaining silent a right? Yes because anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.  Best to shut up and let them piece together their case against you.  

Remind me not to retain you if this is your best advice. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Why is remaining silent a right? Yes because anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.  Best to shut up and let them piece together their case against you.  

Remind me not to retain you if this is your best advice. 

You only get high rollers anyway in your thriving financial advisory group.  Got those dudes at Goldman running scared I bet! 

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...OR pleaded BROKE to the AK Judge for child support but paid off a $450,000 lien in 48 hours.....the honesty (COUGH) acorn don't fall too far from the tree..............

Yeah!  That’s right! Trump is dad of the year! 

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Today I learning that resisting your accusers is a sure sign of guilt.

This was not his finest hour.

Or, maybe it was because he was waiting and finally got to bust out the 40s gangster lingo.  I felt I was watching S3 doing Cagney at the Improv.  

“Ya gotta nip it in the bud, see?”

”The kids clammin’ up see, setting off alarm bells”, 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

with Section C3's  spelling, he wouldn't last a week  without being disbarred. much less passing the bar.

Hoax. Also not funny.  

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This was not his finest hour.

Or, maybe it was because he was waiting and finally got to bust out the 40s gangster lingo.  I felt I was watching S3 doing Cagney at the Improv.  

“Ya gotta nip it in the bud, see?”

”The kids clammin’ up see, setting off alarm bells”, 

You should talk to your pal at the “high level of state government” before you spout off about that with which you’re unfamiliar.   Look what happened last time you dipped your toe in the water.  

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Goldman?  You have no clue what I do do you?  

That makes two of us, apparently.