Jarrett Stidham Hip Injury-Out a few weeks

boco357

2 hours ago, P Riv said:

Newton is the starter, Stidham will be the back up and then starter if Newton struggles or gets injured.  Hoyer will stick around due to COVID.  

It is good for Hoyer to stick around and be a blood donor with antibodies for other players.

https://nesn.com/2020/08/nfl-rumors-details-of-patriots-frustration-with-qb-jarrett-stidham/?fbclid=IwAR0KrjWejk9X2dgKXcgAywlhSQHyvOrPor5i9FkzJz9xVNl2vu1ohOoBPqw

What did the Patriots expect?  They got lucky with a once in a lifetime player in Brady & think they can just dial up his replacement in the middle rounds of the NFL draft. Stidham is what he is, at best a career backup who is likely to be out of the league in a few years.  He's their Peterman or C. Jones, a flyer who won't work out.  

If Newton goes down, the plan will be Stidham.  He's a total unknown at this point, so its tough to have an opinion.  All I could get from articles was that he made strides in the offseason, made quicker reads and has a "live arm" but threw alot of ints in camp.  None of that adds up to much.  Newton being healthy and picking up their offense is noteworthy.    

On 8/22/2020 at 12:03 PM, without a drought said:

Who is Jarrett Stidham and how does this affect the Bills.

Yeah, definitely not important to know who the QB of the team who has bullied us for the last 15 years. 

and Stidham isn’t a nfl starter.  The Pats lucked into a top 10 qb if healthy. 

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, it amazes me that their plan was to go with Stidham.  Expecting no one else to sign Newton and him to take a league minimum deal wasn't a "plan."

Agreed.  They got lucky because other teams are stupid and couldn’t check on his health. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, definitely not important to know who the QB of the team who has bullied us for the last 15 years. 

and Stidham isn’t a nfl starter.  The Pats lucked into a top 10 qb if healthy. 

Agreed.  They got lucky because other teams are stupid and couldn’t check on his health. 

I never said they got lucky.  I don't see them going far with him either.  I said that it wasn't much of a plan hoping no one else would sign Newton and that he'd accept minimum to play.

You know what's going to happen.  Cam starts.  Pats* are .500 when they face the Bills.  Edmunds jacks up Cam, bruising his kidneys and lungs.  Stidham comes in an leads Pats* to victory over the Billz and then SB victory.  We have seen this before.

Edited by KCNC
  • Haha (+1) 1

Its impossible to predict.  NE is trying to build a run first team with a tough D, then ask Newton to manage the game and make plays with his legs when things break down.  IF that happens they will be tough.  IF we stay healthy, we will be tough.  Just have to remember that we have a QB who likes to run, which puts him at a much higher risk of injury.  Add in the COVID issue and this season is a total wild card and could turn on us in a heartbeat.  No way to predict anything, we could have a battle of the back ups come November....