Schein 9 Bills defense

Buffalo716

9 hours ago, Big C said:

Agreed the pass rush has been the weak spot since Schwartz left town. Hughes is good, but he can't do it on his own. I expect Ed to keep getting better in the middle and hopefully some of the signees and AJ will help. 

^^THIS^^

Schein has to be one of THE most annoying NFL talking heads ever. He's a Tom Brady* jock-sniffer who insists that the cheating thing was overblown. He's wrong about pretty much everything he puts a big red bow on to finish it up. Beyond that he....

Wait.

He said the Bills are #2 defense?

SCHEIN! My man! Now here's a guy who really has his finger on the pulse of the NFL! If Schein says it, it's money, baby! 

P.S. Joking aside, Schein is annoying, but he is a huge McDermott/Allen fan who will eat a lot of crow if the Bills don't take the AFC East this year.

• Haha (+1) 2

I think with improvements to the offense, maintaining a top 10 defense should get the team to the playoffs.  I don't think they are #1, but as long as they slot in the top 10 they should be solid.  They need to continue to improve at stopping the run, and creating harder 3rd downs.  If the offense can get to bigger leads, it should inevitably lead to more takeaways as well.

13 hours ago, ganesh said:

The big missing piece is the pass rush.  Even when we had Phillips and Lawson sacking opposing QB, it didn't feel like they were terrorizing the QB.  We don't have that player who can make that play when it counts (even Hughes included).   Examples are 

* Allowing the game winning drive for Cleveland 

* Allowing Houston to make a 3rd and eternity when it counted 

* Allowing Lamar to pick and choose who he wanted to throw the ball

* Even allowing Ducky to make those throws at the end of the game (bailed out by the secondary)

I think allowing Shaq to walk and bringing in Addison was an immediate address of pass rush opposite Hughes being a necessity.  

Shaq is a good player, but Addison is a much better pass rusher.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I think allowing Shaq to walk and bringing in Addison was an immediate address of pass rush opposite Hughes being a necessity.  

Shaq is a good player, but Addison is a much better pass rusher.  

Yes. He developed into a solid player - Kudos to McD for helping Shaq grow as a professional - but ultimately he was a poor draft pick from the previous regime. Better edge setter than pass rusher. I did like his moxie alongside Phillips this past year.

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Yes. He developed into a solid player - Kudos to McD for helping Shaq grow as a professional - but ultimately he was a poor draft pick from the previous regime. Better edge setter than pass rusher. I did like his moxie alongside Phillips this past year.

Agree.  Shaq is good, but not a great all around DE.  Drafted one round too high, IMo. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:47 PM, SCBills said:

Id also like to see Edmunds blitz more.  That dude could be an absolute menace rushing the passer. 

Amen.

Got any pull with Frazier or McD? 

On 8/18/2020 at 10:38 PM, Bills fan since 87 said:

Schein is a Syracuse boy that's been hot on the Bills for a while.  Because of those two things he could kick a baby and I'd look the other way...

Point of clarification: is said baby screaming disconsolately?