Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

19 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

He was being funny, or at least trying to.

Seems a lot of people missed that. Scary stuff.

Although it's quite amazing how many non-satirical posts followed thereafter in agreement.

Edited by BullBuchanan

58 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Kaepernick and any teammate who wanted to, had the expressed permission from the 49ers to take a knee. 

Quote from NFL.com.

"Kaepernick said that he is aware of what he is doing and that he knows it will not sit well with a lot of people, including the 49ers. He said that he did not inform the club or anyone affiliated with the team of his intentions to protest the national anthem".

6 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Quote from NFL.com.

"Kaepernick said that he is aware of what he is doing and that he knows it will not sit well with a lot of people, including the 49ers. He said that he did not inform the club or anyone affiliated with the team of his intentions to protest the national anthem".

Another quote from NFL.com: 

The 49ers issued a statement about Kaepernick's decision: "The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

We already went over this on page 19 where you suggested you can't be a family if there isn't a father present.

Based on your limited worldview it's no surprise that you also have a twisted view of "marxism".

Do you realize just how boring you are?

Before you convince 1 person to agree with your lame, banal point of view, you will put 100,000 folks to sleep.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

ok...where did you see "a lot of information" saying they are marxists and want to destroy the nuclear family ? you mean there are others like me that saw it , know it? 

Where’s the link?

On 7/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, swimtoga said:
On 7/29/2020 at 1:29 PM, dwight in philly said:

Its not about "black lives"  matter or any other "cause du jour" BLM is a marxist organization.. look at their website .. All the weenie leagues and Companies giving them money are pathetic.. i guess all the predictable barbs will come..

Link?

From the mouth of one of BLMs founders:

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Another quote from NFL.com: 

Yes, after the fact.  The point was, when this started, he did not have consent.  Now people/organizations are falling all over themselves trying to be politically correct.  

9 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Marxism seems to be right in your wheelhouse, Mr. upside down American flag guy.

I support workers, and believe that this country belongs to the people and not the 1% of the 1% who claim it for themselves. I Believe this country is made better by unions, collective bargaining, pensions, and healthcare.

Who do you support?

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Yes, after the fact.  The point was, when this started, he did not have consent.  Now people/organizations are falling all over themselves trying to be politically correct.  

Yes, immediately after the fact. The fact CK didn’t seek permission beforehand does nothing to diminish the fact that his employers granted that permission moving forward. 

This might be about political correctness to some people, but to those corporations and other enterprises overtly showing support for the movement, it’s about their market analyses and what that data reveals about external and internal customers. 

Edited by K-9

Just wanted to point out how hypocritical and absurd it is that the people terrified of the “Marxist” BLM aren’t even slightly concerned about the rise of actual, clear-as-day fascism in our country.

Hey you! Ignore the unmarked federal police troops snatching protestors off the streets and tear-gassing Americans nightly and the president talking about delaying the election and refusing to accept the results of said election, and instead look over here at the scary, Marxist brown people!

Racist fear-mongering and Red-scaring to frighten the populace into voting for “law and order” and to distract them from the dangerous actions of those in power that are ACTUALLY endangering our country. The playbook hasn’t changed in 70 years. Points for consistency, I guess? It would be funny if it wasn’t so transparent and vile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just wanted to point out how hypocritical and absurd it is that the people terrified of the “Marxist” BLM aren’t even slightly concerned about the rise of actual, clear-as-day fascism in our country.

Hey you! Ignore the unmarked federal police troops snatching protestors off the streets and tear-gassing Americans nightly and the president talking about delaying the election and refusing to accept the results of said election, and instead look over here at the scary, Marxist brown people!

Racist fear-mongering and Red-scaring to frighten the populace into voting for “law and order” and to distract them from the dangerous actions of those in power that are ACTUALLY endangering our country. The playbook hasn’t changed in 70 years. Points for consistency, I guess? It would be funny if it wasn’t so transparent and vile.

Most of this garbage. That said, talk of delaying the election is indeed a bridge too far. Even the mention if it is totally unacceptable. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yes, immediately after the fact. The fact CK didn’t seek permission beforehand does nothing to diminish the fact that his employers granted that permission moving forward. 

This might be about political correctness to some people, but to those corporations and other enterprises overtly showing support for the movement, it’s about their market analyses and what that data reveals about external and internal customers. 

Fair enough, but it does say something about him that he put his employer in that situation.  

I agree 100%.  The NFL is a business and the all mighty dollar is king.  I might be wrong, but I think they may have miscalculated on this one.  The variable are too hard to predict.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Most of this garbage. That said, talk of delaying the election is indeed a bridge too far. Even the mention if it is totally unacceptable. 

Are you saying that you're ok with literal fascism, or you don't agree on the definition of fascism.

Because anyone that knows the definition of fascism is saying that's literally what is happening under this regime. We are living under authoritarian rule in a police state.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Are you saying that you're ok with literal fascism, or you don't agree on the definition of fascism.

Because anyone that knows the definition of fascism is saying that's literally what is happening under this regime. We are living under authoritarian rule in a police state.

And here I thought you couldn't be any more misinformed. If you think present day USA is a fascist, authoritarian police state you're willfully blind to reality. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And here I thought you couldn't be any more misinformed. If you think present day USA is a fascist, authoritarian police state you're willfully blind to reality. 

So what do you call it when police march down neighborhood streets shooting people on their porch, abduct citizens without warrants or cause,  deny people of their right to protest, physically assault and arrest the press and shoot first responders?

What exactly do you think a fascist police state is? I mean really, what do you think is missing?

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can tell because under fascist regimes people are often allowed to openly describe the government as fascist with literally no consequence. 

Either way, what really matters is the threat of delaying the election.  Whereas most of the accusations of fascism are petulant or based on flat misrepresentations, the threat of moving the election date is truly problematic.