14 Positives on Marlins

20 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not going to do all the research for you but as of today Ny has 32,645 deaths Florida 6117. The goal was to flatten the curve if you remember. Florida’s budget is balanced, How far in debt is NY? Anyone can stop the spread almost completely by destroying itself, the key is to be able to live some sort of a life, have some type of economic activity. Florida’s problems came from a number of reasons. A good deal of it was improper behavior and not following the rules put in place in bars. They were packed and nobody gave a crap. So they were shut back down. Kids still are breaking rules between Miami Dade and Palm Beach county having large outdoor parties and not distancing so much they are talking about a curfew there. Maybe NYC got scared into behaving better with how bad it was in the beginning, but as Sweden has found out, the more that get infected, the spread slows down. Maybe it’s a combo of both having higher number of resistance and better behavior from fear.   

Florida's budget is balanced because NY pays for it.

https://theconversation.com/blue-state-bailouts-some-states-like-new-york-send-billions-more-to-federal-government-than-they-get-back-137950

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I swear some people have no idea what they are talking about.  They love bringing up cities like Chicago, Detroit, NYC because they have democratic mayors yet don’t realize the least educated, poorest, fattest states are republican run.  

my wild thought is thinking one side is right is idiotic and maybe this country would be better if everyone met in the middle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

NY, California, and Mass should stop payments to the Federal government to show everyone in the country who really needs who.

The REAL Welfare Queens like Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama, heck the whole Southeast, would be crippled and begging for their handouts.

But they would never do that, because they dont function on the "I got mine, F&$% YOU" attitude the GOP does.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

NY, California, and Mass should stop payments to the Federal government to show everyone in the country who really needs who.

The REAL Welfare Queens like Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama, heck the whole Southeast, would be crippled and begging for their handouts.

We should put a wall around every state.  No can leave or enter.  In your state, you can do whatever you want and now will bother you or give you any assistance.  I wonder which states would do the best in this scenario?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We should put a wall around every state.  No can leave or enter.  In your state, you can do whatever you want and now will bother you or give you any assistance.  I wonder which states would do the best in this scenario?

This would be an interesting experiment.

Based on population density, I feel like New York, Massachusetts and California would end up starving and look like Mad Max.

States like Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas would be well fed and regress technologically like the people did in that awful movie, The Village. 

26cc1c44accd2dd6fd6e53dd825ec84d--movie-

19 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Americans arent allowed into Canada right now (or much else of the world) so Toronto is out.

Canada wouldnt even let the Blue Jays in, they arent going to let in an entire league.

Well thanks for bursting our bubble Doc,

The remedy still remains, play ball in the safest venues possible.

National remedy Doc - United 30 day lockdown in all States

United we stand...

...divided we fall...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

This would be an interesting experiment.

Based on population density, I feel like New York, Massachusetts and California would end up starving and look like Mad Max.

States like Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas would be well fed and regress technologically like the people did in that awful movie, The Village. 

26cc1c44accd2dd6fd6e53dd825ec84d--movie-

lol, The Village. Didn't mind it, but yeah.

For what it's worth, California produces the most food (by value) in the United States followed by Iowa and Nebraska. California is the world's 5th largest supplier of food, cotton fiber, and other agricultural commodities. In the U.S., California is the largest producer of food despite having less than 4% of the farms in the country.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

lol, The Village. Didn't mind it, but yeah.

For what it's worth, California produces the most food (by value) in the United States followed by Iowa and Nebraska. California is the world's 5th largest supplier of food, cotton fiber, and other agricultural commodities. In the U.S., California is the largest producer of food despite having less than 4% of the farms in the country.

Oh I know California produces a lot. Just wasn't sure if it would be enough for it's population.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

All literally explained in the article.

https://theconversation.com/blue-state-bailouts-some-states-like-new-york-send-billions-more-to-federal-government-than-they-get-back-137950

It isnt a realistic idea, just a joke for perspective.

so you want to suspend all federal taxes? I am sure every freaking Republican in the world would be 100% for that...i mean that is the "payment" correct?

5 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Oh I know California produces a lot. Just wasn't sure if it would be enough for it's population.

Right on. I was just posting for general discussion since a lot of folks only think of Beaches, Hollywood, and Silicon Valley when they think of California. But there is a crazy amount of farming there too. Heck, our own QB has a pistachio farm, and I personally cant wait to taste "Josh's Nuts"! :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so you want to suspend all federal taxes? I am sure every freaking Republican in the world would be 100% for that...i mean that is the "payment" correct?

Good lord, there are enough insufferable pedants on here already, dude.

Go back and read my first post without snipping one small part.

I know you're upset because VA is a welfare queen too, but the joke scenario was about 3 states stopping and crippling other states that constantly bash them.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good lord, there are enough insufferable pedants on here already, dude.

Go back and read my first post without snipping one small part.

I know you're upset because VA is a welfare queen too, but the joke scenario was about 3 states stopping and crippling other states that constantly bash them.

dude, here is your exact quote

"NY, California, and Mass should stop payments to the Federal government to show everyone in the country who really needs who"

just asking, the only payments in question  are federal income tax receipts...so i am guessing you are advocating for the federal income tax to be abolished. Where am i wrong?

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

dude, here is your exact quote

"NY, California, and Mass should stop payments to the Federal government to show everyone in the country who really needs who"

just asking, the only payments in question  are federal income tax receipts...so i am guessing you are advocating for the federal income tax to be abolished. Where am i wrong?

Not abolished and not everywhere. Not sure where you came up with that leap. Those 3 states should collect, but keep the money for themselves and use it for their own citizens. In my single post unrealistic fantasy idea.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not abolished and not everywhere. Not sure where you came up with that leap. Those 3 states should collect, but keep the money for themselves and use it for their own citizens. In my single post unrealistic fantasy idea.

all good...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I swear some people have no idea what they are talking about.  They love bringing up cities like Chicago, Detroit, NYC because they have democratic mayors yet don’t realize the least educated, poorest, fattest states are republican run.  

my wild thought is thinking one side is right is idiotic and maybe this country would be better if everyone met in the middle. 

The middle isn't inherently better, it is possible on a single issue that one side has a better idea. But the problem with American politics is that money and not the will of the people actually decides what laws get made. 

There are a lot of avenues of agreement between liberals and conservatives but those issues never get addressed because the only thing Dems and Reps can agree on is servicing corporate donors. They literally come together on the issues both sides hate.