Uyghur Genocide in China

4 hours ago, Cinga said:

That's not true.... The world including the Obama Administration were silent during genocide in Darfur and Rwanda. The world including the Clinton Administration was silent during the Bosnian genocide.

Rwanda was in 1994. Darfur started in 2003, and the UN sent peacekeeping troops in 2007.

Edited by DrW

1 hour ago, DrW said:

Rwanda was in 1994. Darfur started in 2003, and the UN sent peacekeeping troops in 2007.

Quoting you, so that a prior quote I started didn't end up here.

I have an honest question, which is where something like this will end up, if we want to end it;  how advanced are our weapons, versus those of the Chinese (in particular), and those of the rest of the nations that might not want us to end this genocide BS?  Do we have the arms that are so advanced that we could kill any 'conventional' nuclear attempts against us?  I'm guessing we likely are at that point (I sure the heck hope we are!)  I'm hoping we're several generations beyond conventional 'missiles', and would have the ability to knock any of that crap out of the air, from space.  I think we're likely there, and the whole ICBM fear is a thing of the past.  Am I hoping for something that likely exists, or am I hoping for something not there, yet?  Given the way we can be found, on earth, by our own cell-phones, something tells me we have the ability to knock crap out of the air, on a dime, if needed.

To add, I think we likely have stuff so far beyond ICBM nuclear missile stuff, even worrying about what we/China/USSR had back then is funny.  I'm hoping all the 'black-budget' stuff we have going one puts us so far beyond missiles, that's it's not even worth worrying about.  And, as such, I hope we just put a big-ass lock-down on these countries like China, killing their people.  I'm hoping Trump comes out with the BIG D, and says, no more of that BS, straight-up!  He's trying to, economically.  We might just have to swing the big D, and do it militarily, but I'm asking if we have enough to do that, since we rubes are not in the know.

1 hour ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Quoting you, so that a prior quote I started didn't end up here.

I have an honest question, which is where something like this will end up, if we want to end it;  how advanced are our weapons, versus those of the Chinese (in particular), and those of the rest of the nations that might not want us to end this genocide BS?  Do we have the arms that are so advanced that we could kill any 'conventional' nuclear attempts against us?  I'm guessing we likely are at that point (I sure the heck hope we are!)  I'm hoping we're several generations beyond conventional 'missiles', and would have the ability to knock any of that crap out of the air, from space.  I think we're likely there, and the whole ICBM fear is a thing of the past.  Am I hoping for something that likely exists, or am I hoping for something not there, yet?  Given the way we can be found, on earth, by our own cell-phones, something tells me we have the ability to knock crap out of the air, on a dime, if needed.

To add, I think we likely have stuff so far beyond ICBM nuclear missile stuff, even worrying about what we/China/USSR had back then is funny.  I'm hoping all the 'black-budget' stuff we have going one puts us so far beyond missiles, that's it's not even worth worrying about.  And, as such, I hope we just put a big-ass lock-down on these countries like China, killing their people.  I'm hoping Trump comes out with the BIG D, and says, no more of that BS, straight-up!  He's trying to, economically.  We might just have to swing the big D, and do it militarily, but I'm asking if we have enough to do that, since we rubes are not in the know.

It doesn't matter how advanced our weaponry is. Nuclear war on that scale would be a disaster of beyond-biblical proportions, and is absolutely the wrong way to even think about addressing this issue. Any kind of military response would be both ridiculous and disastrous.

This will have to be addressed through international or multinational economic means. Open warfare with China, no matter how morally justified it may be, must remain out of the question.  

• Like (+1) 1

I wasn't suggesting it should be the answer.  I was asking, if it were the answer we were given, do we think we have the ability to end that right then and there?  I think we probably do (or damn well should, for the black-budget we've expensed).  I, too, hope it never gets there;  but you have to figure, given the budget we've expensed on all of this, that we've kinda known that, at some point, some a-hole is going to try to fling one our way.  I'm asking if anyone thinks we're capable of dealing with that (taking one sent our way off the board).  And if we can take out one, do we have the ability to end multiple?  Probably a question for another thread;  just don't know which.  But I'm mighty curious;  and one of our most plugged-in is out of commission for a few, so wondering what the general populace thinks.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:02 PM, 123719bwiqrb said:

(china owns us)

agreed, unfortunately 

(sent from my device filled with Chinese manufactured components and assembled in China, thought my Chinese manufactured router, in my basement finished with Chinese manufactured drywall, to your Chinese manufactured device) 

6 hours ago, dpberr said:

The Chinese aren't the world's newest form of Nazis, but they are probably the first in the 21st Century.  

It's alleged the "world" doesn't care about genocides if countries genocide their own people, and there is some truth to that as Cinga pointed out.  There's been countless genocides in Africa and South Asia through the 20th Century.  I'm convinced NATO only got off their ass in the former Yugoslavia because the Serbs walked right in and mass murdered nearly 10,000 people in Sreberenica due to the utter cowardice of the Dutch who were there to protect the town.  

What has surprised me about the Uyghur catastrophe is where is ISIS, al Qaeda, Hezbollah?  

that’s a good Point. Where is the violent revolt? I guess that’s the upside of a brutal communist regime. 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And Trump waited 3.5 years and only moved cuz Bolton outed him. 

...so focusing on 3 1/2 years exposes you AGAIN as a known posting fraud.............let's go back TWENTY FOUR YEARS, spanning the Clinton, Bush (YUP a REPUBLICAN) and Obama administrations......outline what preventative maintenance/defensive moves THEY took relative to China's "drive to world dominance"....we kowtowed to them, kissed their respective arses and licked their boots while we got played like a second rate fiddle.....and as far as Bush, the REPUBLICAN, he's the same one when talking about KGB Putin that "I can see the man's soul through his eyes"......dumbazz couldn't see "Line 4" which read KGB.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Only tools politicize a horrible humanitarian crisis. Don’t be a tool. 

You wouldn’t dare call out your buddy Wacka now would you?

Ref - your bias and hypocrisy shines daily. 

image.thumb.jpeg.be06c93d2aac84a9b89363372c71d504.jpeg

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so focusing on 3 1/2 years exposes you AGAIN as a known posting fraud.............let's go back TWENTY FOUR YEARS, spanning the Clinton, Bush (YUP a REPUBLICAN) and Obama administrations......outline what preventative maintenance/defensive moves THEY took relative to China's "drive to world dominance"....we kowtowed to them, kissed their respective arses and licked their boots while we got played like a second rate fiddle.....and as far as Bush, the REPUBLICAN, he's the same one when talking about KGB Putin that "I can see the man's soul through his eyes"......dumbazz couldn't see "Line 4" which read KGB.......

You too bro - take this out on your pal Wacka you freaks lmao 

image.thumb.jpeg.2c9006b21860af5299f327bc7a9fed58.jpeg

Edited by BillStime

Obama would not have done anything to  cut off the cash spigot named hunter Biden. Bush Jr was a squishy GOPer like  Romney. Did you forget that  the Clintons got grocery bags of cash from  Charlie Tre and other Chicom operatives  IN THE WHITE HOUSE?

• Thank you (+1) 1

...put Trump aside for a moment......look at that last THREE administrations...hell even include Bush Sr (ANOTHER REPUBLICAN) who was the former CIA Director and presumed to have AMPLE intelligence on China's aspirations.......what did ANY of them do as far preventative or protective maintenance to protect the US and deter China's goals to dominate?.....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...put Trump aside for a moment......look at that last THREE administrations...hell even include Bush Sr (ANOTHER REPUBLICAN) who was the former CIA Director and presumed to have AMPLE intelligence on China's aspirations.......what did ANY of them do as far preventative or protective maintenance to protect the US and deter China's goals to dominate?.....

More evidence 

image.thumb.jpeg.ddb3e03cabf40df0ab0784ced101fc57.jpeg

4 hours ago - China's ambassador to the UK has insisted the Uighur people live in “peaceful and harmonious coexistence with other ethnic groups”, as he ...

2 hours ago - Chinese officials reject what Dominic Raab says are "deeply troubling" ... Liu Xiaoming told the BBC's Andrew Marr that the Uighurs received the ... Kong government following the imposition of a new security law which the UK 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You wouldn’t dare call out your buddy Wacka now would you?

Ref - your bias and hypocrisy shines daily. 

image.thumb.jpeg.be06c93d2aac84a9b89363372c71d504.jpeg

You too bro - take this out on your pal Wacka you freaks lmao 

image.thumb.jpeg.2c9006b21860af5299f327bc7a9fed58.jpeg

Me not calling him out for being a tool (he is) does not change the fact that you are one. Don’t be a tool. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

More evidence 

A boring childish broken record tool. 

Laughing emoji in 3....2.....1.....

Just now, Chef Jim said:

He bashes two (three if you include Trump) GOP Presidents and he’s in a cult?  ?

Funny thing is? None of you would bash Trump. Why is that?

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...all I know is ignorance is bliss which makes you one happy camper..............

Yeah ok - I didn’t vote for Trump - you most likely did

image.thumb.jpeg.b5a7e79ee2ec37298fbdb439493d5c36.jpeg