Random things you have accomplished during Covid/Quarantine?

On 7/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

does unfriending my brother count because he refused to stop sending me his crap conspiracy theories? 

I understand that completely.  My youngest brother and sister repeatedly put stuff in their threads so I disabled them.  One asked me if I saw about his son's graduation and I told him no the frustration level to interesting stuff ratio is too high.  He did not understand.  I reworded it abd told him he posted too much political crap and I get enough of it on my football boards,

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

(is it a bad sign if the wine store greets you by name?)

That depends, was the greeting a quiet "Hello, Aug" from a single clerk, or was it a 'Cheersian' bellow "AAUUUGGGIIIEEEE!!!!" from the full staff and other customers?

As for my accomplishments during these trying times, I would say getting people ticked off over hypothetically awarding conditional draft picks to a certain unnamed NFL franchise.  ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That depends, was the greeting a quiet "Hello, Aug" from a single clerk, or was it a 'Cheersian' bellow "AAUUUGGGIIIEEEE!!!!" from the full staff and other customers?

As for my accomplishments during these trying times, I would say getting people ticked off over hypothetically awarding conditional draft picks to a certain unnamed NFL franchise.  ?

I think I’m safe! They don’t get on the loud speaker and call all hands on deck. 

Yet......

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/23/2020 at 7:04 PM, Success said:

I was more of a jug wine guy at the beginning.  But I've gotten much more snobby. I really know my Pinot from my Cabernet now.

That's excellent!

I remember having a jug of wine in college and it sat for like 6 weeks through drinking it. Now I sell wine cellars to really rich people. Man what a difference in how I think about wine.

*takes a sip of Sauv Blanc*

@plenzmd1 yes I have a problem.

• Haha (+1) 2

My most satisfying accomplishment was getting my lawn tractor going. It needed a starter and you have no idea how expensive OEM parts are for old John Deere's. Like $750!!! Amazon had $50 models but I had to get three before one worked.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My most satisfying accomplishment was getting my lawn tractor going. It needed a starter and you have no idea how expensive OEM parts are for old John Deere's. Like $750!!! Amazon had $50 models but I had to get three before one worked.

Never skimp on parts! I ran through three AZ alternators in college because they were CRAP. 

I only buy quality these days. Don't want to do complicated jobs more than once.

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Never skimp on parts! I ran through three AZ alternators in college because they were CRAP. 

I only buy quality these days. Don't want to do complicated jobs more than once.

True but it's a 25 year old tractor. If I would spend $750, I'd put it towards a new model.

I addded: "Sasquatch" lights to my new rig.  You  ask, "What are Sasquatch lights? But before I did that, I added extra fuseblock and 100a breaker....For  future power  supply needs. 36" removable  LED light bar, quick release off front  load bar. 

20200727_110243.thumb.jpg.8025da344cf0e4e2aa8c68262316c2c6.jpg

Should give a little bit of light on trail, camping, or on those dim evening fall tailgates?

Why is your picture at 45 degrees?   Is that a new posting option?   

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I addded: "Sasquatch" lights to my new rig.  You  ask, "What are Sasquatch lights? But before I did that, I added extra fuseblock and 100a breaker....For  future power  supply needs. 36" removable  LED light bar, quick release off front  load bar. 

Should give a little bit of light on trail, camping, or on those dim evening fall tailgates?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Why is your picture at 45 degrees?   Is that a new posting option?   

Hide other  things, like license  plate  and  front  yard. 

20200727_105858_1.thumb.jpg.da4cb6fe0c64aa4e5a30d511b281ab7b.jpg

Here's  the install.

Lower LED light bar will go in later. Behind  front, lower grill.  Here's  the  auxiliary power:

20200727_105555_1.thumb.jpg.884dc303c28ff13e15fe704ce8da2f17.jpg

Added relay bracket forks  for  future  upgrades. 

On 7/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, Just Jack said:

Nothing, I'm essential. 

I was never considered essential here (atleast not when they talk about essential workers or give them bonuses) Soni have been working the whole time.

I have been working a bit more around the house trying to get stuff done. Although working part of my job from home I find at time I have been working more