The War on Whiteness

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Go back and read what I wrote. I didn't say drugs were not everywhere. I said the greatest law enforcement presence regarding drugs is in the highest crime areas. 

Does your neighborhood have shootings at all hours of the night? Are people being robbed at gunpoint? Is the violence so bad that your neighbors don't want to let their children out in the yard to play? If it was, you would see a much greater law enforcement presence and a much greater rate of arrests for drugs, because that is how they get to the violent criminals any many cases.

You are admitting that the war on drugs falls more on the black community than a white community. Thanks 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It always come back to the same principles. 

If you don’t want to get arrested, don’t commit a crime.

If you want to reduce police presence in your community, don’t call them.

If you don’t want to live in poverty, pay attention in school, don’t get pregnant out of wedlock, and stay together as a family.

And if you’ve managed to stay on the right side of all of the above don’t do drugs, smoke, or consume mass quantities of alcohol.

Pretty simple really....regardless of your skin color.

It's like I've said, I've heard people yell "police need more training my black son's gonna die."  Well you had 18 years to train your kid not to be a thug ass criminal so why don't we start there

Just now, Tiberius said:

You are admitting that the war on drugs falls more on the black community than a white community. Thanks 

That's your argument?  That blacks commit more crime?  Ok bruh

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LeviF91 said:

It's like I've said, I've heard people yell "police need more training my black son's gonna die."  Well you had 18 years to train your kid not to be a thug ass criminal so why don't we start there

That's your argument?  That blacks commit more crime?  Ok bruh

No, they just have the law enforced on them more. Rural America is awash in drugs and crime. Blacks are not the ones ODing like crazy on opioids. 

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

Believe me when I say that I’m not trying to sound like I’m preaching. But the rules of society are REALLY simple and rather consistent all over the planet. Being poor is not a predictable recipe for crime! There are millions and millions of poor people of all colors all over the world who live without rampant crime and violence. They do however follow the societal rules I spelled out above. The breakdown starts when there’s no father in the home to keep adolescent boys in check. Every other problem stems from that. Fix that and you fix them all! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good intentions! Ha! They literally criminalized something blacks do more than whites. 

You didn't know they were setting different sentencings for crack vs cocain? 

Yes, good intentions, and the sentencing guidelines were pushed hardest during the Clinton years and spearheaded by people like Biden. However, they actually were good intentions. Crack cocaine and the associated dependency and violent crime were decimating black communities. 

I did know there were sentencing guidelines because I worked violent crime in those communities during that period. I can tell you, first hand, the devastation that everything associated with crack cocaine brought on those communities. I didn't agree with the guidelines and I literally withheld information from the courts to lessen sentences. I was a big proponent of getting rid of the sentencing guidelines. However, it doesn't diminish the fact that they were created as a means of trying to help black communities.

As usual, you have no clue what you are talking about. 

You should say less.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, they just have the law enforced on them more. Rural America is awash in drugs and crime. Blacks are not the ones ODing like crazy on opioids. 

Yeah bro all those murders that go without the enforcement of law in rural America sure explain the racial disparity in the homicide rate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Yes, good intentions, and the sentencing guidelines were pushed hardest during the Clinton years and spearheaded by people like Biden. However, they actually were good intentions. Crack cocaine and the associated dependency and violent crime were decimating black communities. 

I did know there were sentencing guidelines because I worked violent crime in those communities during that period. I can tell you, first hand, the devastation that everything associated with crack cocaine brought on those communities. I didn't agree with the guidelines and I literally withheld information from the courts to lessen sentences. I was a big proponent of getting rid of the sentencing guidelines. However, it doesn't diminish the fact that they were created as a means of trying to help black communities.

You should say less.

Good intentions to punish one group more than another? Wow. 

That's telling 

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Yeah bro all those murders that go without the enforcement of law in rural America sure explain the racial disparity in the homicide rate.

What? You made no point 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Welcome to the real world where the war on drugs exists every where; however, the greatest concentration of law enforcement regarding drugs falls within the areas that have the highest rates of violent crime. Why? because you cannot separate the two.

This just in. The highest violent crime rates in this country are in African American and Hispanic/Lation communities.

That isn't racist. That is a fact.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good intentions to punish one group more than another? Wow. 

You just might be the most ignorant poster on this board, and that is quite an accomplishment with posters like BillZStime and Warren.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Welcome to the real world where the war on drugs exists every where; however, the greatest concentration of law enforcement regarding drugs falls within the areas that have the highest rates of violent crime. Why? because you cannot separate the two.

This just in. The highest violent crime rates in this country are in African American and Hispanic/Lation communities.

That isn't racist. That is a fact.

If it can't be enforced evenly then its racist.The war if hurting the people more than the drugs are, which leads to other problems. People with records early in life, imprionsment, and no job prospects because of it. And then the laws are even different, like crack, so put more pain on these people and you can gloat, "Its all for your own good!" Slam goes the jail cell. 

You are saying stronger punishments for blacks are good for them. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If it can't be enforced evenly then its racist.The war if hurting the people more than the drugs are, which leads to other problems. People with records early in life, imprionsment, and no job prospects because of it. And then the laws are even different, like crack, so put more pain on these people and you can gloat, "Its all for your own good!" Slam goes the jail cell. 

You are saying stronger punishments for blacks are good for them. 

I didn't say those things and you know it, so quit being a d**k and engage in honest dialogue, like an adult.

If you were the Police Chief and 75% of all of the violent crime in your jurisdiction existed in a 10 block area, and most of that violent crime revolved around control of drugs:

1) How would you allocate your resources?

2) Would steps would you take to reduce the problem?

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I didn't say those things and you know it, so quit being a d**k and engage in honest dialogue, like an adult.

If you were the Police Chief and 75% of all of the violent crime in your jurisdiction existed in a 10 block area, and most of that violent crime revolved around control of drugs:

Lost in all of this is the FACT that the police don’t call themselves! Someone calls the police to report a possible crime! Don’t get sucked down the rabbit hole that there’s a secret plot to oppress people of color. Most of the folks that run these cities are....Yep....people of color!!!!!

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The poor sell the drugs to the rich who can afford them. Generally attack a problem at its source.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are arguing with someone who thought it was hilarious that we had 4 people killed in Benghazi. There's a reason he is sometimes known as HAHA Gator or Gleeful Gator. He is bereft of any principles and lacking in cognitive ability. Your responses to him fall on deaf ears and a dumb mind. I use him to keep my mocking skills up to date. He serves the purpose of the target ship the Navy uses for practice.

See the source image

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

You should say less.

I've held an opinion for many years that jail sentences should be shorter in general, particularly for first time offenders of non-violent crimes.  However, incarceration should be in 2 phases.  Phase 1, very harsh punishment.  Very few privileges, physically demanding, it should really suck.  Phase 2, rehabilitation.  Training, significant education, even job placement upon release as much as possible.  Set expectations for re-entry into society.  I've employed a few ex-cons over the years.  One was lucky enough to get a job in the prison distribution center for much of his time.  He learned a lot there.  The others could never say that jail was anything more than confinement with a few comforts. 

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I've held an opinion for many years that jail sentences should be shorter in general, particularly for first time offenders of non-violent crimes.  However, incarceration should be in 2 phases.  Phase 1, very harsh punishment.  Very few privileges, physically demanding, it should really suck.  Phase 2, rehabilitation.  Training, significant education, even job placement upon release as much as possible.  Set expectations for re-entry into society.  I've employed a few ex-cons over the years.  One was lucky enough to get a job in the prison distribution center for much of his time.  He learned a lot there.  The others could never say that jail was anything more than confinement with a few comforts. 

I am not a fan of long sentences for first time, non-violent offenders. I am also a big proponent of prison reform. I believe there should be a complete overhaul in this country in regard to how prisoners are housed, prisoner safety, punishment issues, rehabilitation issues, loss of certain rights as citizens, etc.

• Like (+1) 1