July 4th 2020

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

My dog is going nuts with all the fireworks.

?

There are at least 10x the amount of personal fireworks going on in my neighborhood compared to normal years. I heard south of the border on I95 in SC sold out. With limited and virtual public displays during covid, people are taking the celebration of the birth of our nation into their own hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

There are at least 10x the amount of personal fireworks going on in my neighborhood compared to normal years. I heard south of the border on I95 in SC sold out. With limited and virtual public displays during covid, people are taking the celebration of the birth of our nation into their own hands.

I agree. Fireworks have been nonstop since the sun went down. 

E39606C5-04EB-4753-A12D-4334F7F50A9E.thumb.jpeg.dbb29474bf8e31ebbbcdef26c2da041f.jpeg

A couple in here need to go ahead and book their flights out of here and go somewhere where their moronic utopia is already in practice. If they hurry; they may be able to hit the bread lines before the rest of their new starving neighbors. They don’t deserve anything they have nor do they deserve what they take for granted. The only message I can put together for people who believe what they do is a heartfelt ***** off. The great thing is that they may feel they are in the majority but they’re not and most competent, normal people (regardless of some stupid physical trait people choose to group them as besides living breathing human beings) really do see them for the bull#### they spread.

Having just watched the speech, I can honestly say that the president continues to blow me away.

His dedication in the pursuit of a better America is unyielding.

His ability to provide an uplift to the spirits of those who, despite their love of their great nation, may have had their beliefs shaken recently is second to none. 

His speeches ooze motivation, patriotism and precision.

And his resolve is clearly unbreakable.

Today was further proof - if any was required - that one genuine Donald Trump is worth more than a thousand fake Colin Kaepernicks.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

Tyrants be damned.

***** You!

You cancel all the community fireworks shows we’re having our own. We live on a ridge and can usually see about 10 shows. There were only two however the private displays were impressive this year. 

John Adams in a letter to his wife Abigail:

The second day of July 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A Night at Mt. Rushmore

by Clarice Feldman

Original Article

Friday’s celebration at Mount Rushmore reminded me of Mussorgsky’s “Night on Bald Mountain” where after a wild witches’ sabbath, church bells ring, the sun comes out and the witches vanish. For weeks now we’ve watched the Antifa-BLM-just plain thugs and looters’ witches’ sabbath -- rampaging through our streets, defacing and destroying treasured memorials, looting, shooting, beating innocents and murdering them.

Not a single Democrat leader has condemned these things, choosing instead to pretend these are peaceful protests against police brutality. Every four years they gin up some incident to create the impression that this is a racist society that requires radical reformation and conservatives are to blame

more at the link