Thomas Sowell - Quote of the Day

dubs

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Trump complains all the time everything is unfair. He's the whiner 

Unfair! Media is against me, cry cry 

Like no other President had to answer questions before, but he can't handle it so he cries UNFAIR! 

You misread (again)

YOU are the whiner..............not the President.

thomas-sowell-responsibility.jpg

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 6/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, Tiberius said:

I’m very educated. Why you so mean to me? 

I am sorry but I seriously doubt you are educated, though as I type this I have an Assistant Principal who has an education doctorate who can't think either. May I ask what your degree is in?

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am sorry but I seriously doubt you are educated, though as I type this I have an Assistant Principal who has an education doctorate who can't think either. May I ask what your degree is in?

You can ask

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Gender studies and critical theory would be my guess.

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have no doubt he is educated; however, he lives in a world of thoughts and theories based on a reality that is completely internal. External reality, which provides the foundation for the accurate assessment of problems and finding reasonable solutions, is never allowed into his little utopian world.

The cognitive dissonance would probably make his head explode. 

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ok- what degree do you have?

Why? 

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have no doubt he is educated; however, he lives in a world of thoughts and theories based on a reality that is completely internal. External reality, which provides the foundation for the accurate assessment of problems and finding reasonable solutions, is never allowed into his little utopian world.

The cognitive dissonance would probably make his head explode. 

Sounds like you are talking about a Trump supporter. 

How many people do you think Hillary murdered? 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You prove my point. This is typical of your responses when you can no longer intellectually defend your positions.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Does Trump lie a lot? 

Again, Tibs, you just keep proving my point. As I said, this is what you do when you can no longer intellectually defend your positions.

Yes, Trump lies.

Yes, Biden lies.

Yes, Clinton lies.

Yes, politicians lie.

Honestly, you are so very childlike.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Again, Tibs, you just keep proving my point. As I said, this is what you do when you can no longer intellectually defend your positions.

Yes, Trump lies.

Yes, Biden lies.

Yes, Clinton lies.

Yes, politicians lie.

Oh come on, Trump lies way more than those people. 

You are proving my point. :) 

You can't look at Trump outside of your love for him 

Just now, Tiberius said:

I don't love Trump. I despised Trump long before he became President. I didn't even vote for him.

This is what I mean when I say you live in a world of complete internal reality.

In other words, everthing you say and do stems from sh*t you make up in your mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Take the Trump BS to one of the other 200 threads currently talking about that. 

This thread is dedicated to actual discussion of issues. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yes, Trump lies.

Yes, Biden lies.

Yes, Clinton lies.

Yes, politicians lie.

I've been around here long enough to remember when Tiberius/Gatorman used to defend Obama's lies as something that all politicians do. 

• Like (+1) 4

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Why? 

Why not?

Ae least 2. Vince Foster and Epstein.

Economist Thomas Sowell on Monday compared the tariffs implemented during the Great Depression to President Donald Trump’s aluminum and steel duties.

“The Smoot Hawley tariffs of 1930 had a lot more to do with the Great Depression than the stock market,” Sowell told FOX Business’ Neil Cavuto on “Cavuto: Coast to Coast.” “Unemployment was nowhere near as low the first year after the stock market as it was in the first five months after those tariffs went in. During the Great Depression in the 1930s, we had trade surpluses, but it didn’t do us a bit of good.”

Earlier this month, the president announced that the United States will impose a 25% tariff on steel and 10% on aluminum. There is also speculation that the president is considering imposing broad tariffs on imports from China.

“Conceivably, a catastrophic mistake depends on how far he wants to push it,” Sowell said.