“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

On 6/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, RiotAct said:

So far this year, there have been countless instances of companies changing the overall direction of certain products (as with some police shows on TV), or at the very least their names or logos, in response to the unrest around the country.  

Here’s one I saw this morning:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/17/business/aunt-jemima-logo-change/index.html

What do you think overall?   Good idea / bad idea?  Will this go a long way in solving the systematic racism that is so prevalent in all parts of American society?

I've heard that Churchill said a long long time ago that "A nation that forgets its past has no future" which i believe is very true ! How do we expect to learn from the mistakes of the past if they erase it ?

Not to mention that by implementing a Divide & conquer type mentality keeping every one against each other fighting there will never be any progress made so if we continue in the fashion that the country has been and allow Antifa and other popular movements to continue the way it has the path the country is on will be & is heading in a bad direction because no one is listening or having good dialect towards the change they want .

Lawlessness & disorder can not bring positive change if there isn't some common sense discussion along with sensible actions from those that truly want change and until then nothing will be resolved ...

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...anybody know when Maritime Laws rename the "Great WHITE Shark"??......smells of supremacy......

Never. Great WHITE Sharks racially profile and systematically oppress sea life of color by eating them. Therefore, they should be called out for what they are - WHITE - as their WHITE privilege is recognized and shamed.

• Haha (+1) 1

WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG?

It’s great news,  that the Trump administration has issued a memorandum barring all federal agencies from “training” their employees in critical race theory or white privilege.

However, it’s fair to ask why such a memorandum was issued so late in President Trump’s first term. As the memorandum notes, “executive branch agencies have spent millions of taxpayer dollars to date ‘training’ government workers to believe divisive, anti-American propaganda.” Why didn’t the administration put an end to it more promptly?

I don’t think Trump is to blame. He can’t be expected to know what kind of training is being performed by the various agencies. The memorandum implies that the noxious training programs in question didn’t come to his attention until recently, and I assume that’s the case.

Cabinet members aren’t to blame either, at least not directly. There’s no reason why they should occupy themselves reviewing employee training programs. They have bigger fish to fry.

However, I would expect some of the political appointees below the agency head level to get wind of the training being offered their employees. And I would think it’s the responsibility of political appointees at the Office of Management and Budget, which issued the memorandum halting the radical training, to know about this. After all, as the memorandum states, millions of taxpayer dollars have been spent indoctrinating federal employees on how inherently “racist” America is.

The problem, I believe, is that even many solid conservatives aren’t conversant with modern “leftism.” They don’t understand the contemporary left’s theoretical underpinnings, the full nature of its anti-Americanism, and the extent of its insidiousness. Moreover, they are preoccupied with day-to-day policy matters and, in many cases, dealing with resistance from career government employees.

Fortunately, I think conservatives are starting to understand the left. We are beginning to wake up. Unfortunately, if Biden and the Democrats come to power, the awakening will be rude.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/09/why-did-it-take-so-long.php

President Trump orders federal agencies to stop spending money on training employees on critical race theory and white privilege

We’ve featured the work of Christopher F. Rufo, director of the Discovery Institute’s Center on Wealth and Poverty, a couple of times on Twitchy. At first, he was passing along leaked documents from U.S. Treasury Department diversity training that insisted that white employees “struggle to own their racism” and accept their “unconscious bias, White privilege, and White fragility.” Teaching the course was Howard J. Ross, who has billed the federal government $5 million for diversity training over the past 15 years.

Next, Rufo helped uncover training at Sandia National Laboratories, the country’s premier nuclear research lab. There he received leaked documents about a three-day reeducation camp for white males, with the goal of exposing their “white privilege” and deconstructing “white male culture.”

Last week, Rufo received leaked documents from FBI workshops on intersectionality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG?

It’s great news,  that the Trump administration has issued a memorandum barring all federal agencies from “training” their employees in critical race theory or white privilege.

This is an important step in the bigger picture of how to pull ourselves out of this divisive spiral. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

article-5f545346051be.jpg

Let's break this down even further.......shall we.

BANG.

article-5f54545c50ffb.jpg

BOOM.

article-5f54546fb9fca.jpg

POW.

article-5f5454852e5c8.jpg

Any questions?

article-5f5454a37b082.jpg

(Yes it's real.)

Sorry B-Man but that's not one image. Without even touching on the low hanging fruit that she so prominently displays, she's at least the equivalent of two images. 

• Like (+1) 1