“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

12 hours ago, Koko78 said:

That is hysterical. Those morons are just now realizing she's white? She's been pretty clear that she hails from Eastern ***** Europe!

What's next, are people going to be shocked that Ron Howard is, in fact, also white?

I actually don't know anything about her besides she is cute but the article states in 2016 she was very open with origins, maybe the libs did not realize the Balkans were an area of Europe? But they will still vote for Warren despite her lies.

Lecturegram About Mongo: HBO Max Adds “Proper Social Context” To Blazing Saddles

harrumph-blazing-saddles.png

FTA:

Audiences have “put[] the bigotry and racist language in context” in Blazing Saddles for forty-six years without ever once coming to the conclusion that it was advocating bigotry and racism. We worried that political correctness might kill social satire; now we have to conclude that political correctness has eclipsed social satire.

The real lesson taught by HBO Max is that people should buy their favorite movies on physical media, and watch them without interference from an industry that used to trust its audience a whole lot more 46 years ago than it does now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Lecturegram About Mongo: HBO Max Adds “Proper Social Context” To Blazing Saddles

FTA:

Audiences have “put[] the bigotry and racist language in context” in Blazing Saddles for forty-six years without ever once coming to the conclusion that it was advocating bigotry and racism. We worried that political correctness might kill social satire; now we have to conclude that political correctness has eclipsed social satire.

The real lesson taught by HBO Max is that people should buy their favorite movies on physical media, and watch them without interference from an industry that used to trust its audience a whole lot more 46 years ago than it does now.

I had never seen Blazing Saddles, so Hubby rented it last month and we had a date night watching it. While I thought it was a stupid movie (he laughed throughout)  within the first 5 minutes I said to him, "This could NEVER be made today." 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I had never seen Blazing Saddles, so Hubby rented it last month and we had a date night watching it. While I thought it was a stupid movie (he laughed throughout)  within the first 5 minutes I said to him, "This could NEVER be made today." 

Have you seen High Anxiety or Young Frankenstein?

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Mel Brooks has been a favorite of ours forever. The politically incorrect one liners are fantastic. 

The sheriff is a <ding>

What did he say?

The sheriff is a near!!

No blagnammit the sheriff is a <ding>

Hope I wasn’t out of line with the up yours ***** earlier 

How many times have I told you brother to wash up after our weekly cross burnin’s

We’ll take the Chinks and the ***** but not the Irish!

Woof.....dey darker dan us!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nope. 

High Anxiety is great, better if you're familiar with Alfred Hitchcock movies. 

But Young Frankenstein is as classic as it get, what are you waiting for.......

I always loved Silent Movie too, underrated I think.

Edited by CarpetCrawler
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

FTA:

I'm surprised it hasn't been banned outright.  

16 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

High Anxiety is great, better if you're familiar with Alfred Hitchcock movies. 

But Young Frankenstein is as classic as it get, what are you waiting for.......

I always loved Silent Movie too, underrated I think.

And the only word was spoken by the mime Marcel Marceau.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Whoa.... not sure I like this even though I understand what he is saying:

I also agree that he should not stoop to the level of the Democrats.