'13th' A Netflix Documentary

Would you be willing to watch a factual documentary about post slavery America that shows it's truly ugly side?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to watch the Netflix documentary '13th' and learn some things you CERTAINLY never knew about America?

• Yes, I am willing to learn things that may even make me uncomfortable.
    • No, it's the past and shouldn't be a big deal. It has zero effect on today's America.
    • I am sure I already know every thing that's in the doc, no need to watch
    • I really don't care about the terrible things America has done and don't want to hear any more about it!

All I have to say is this to @StHustle  Your poll has been up for 8 hours. There have been 353 views and 42 replies but not one person has participated in your poll shows just how stupid your little exercise is.  Good job. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, did you miss all those elected black politicians? I think it’s funny clowns like liberals and SJW claim to know what’s best for other people. Garbage 

Yeah you're right it is garbage. Thanks for playing.  

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, did you miss all those elected black politicians? I think it’s funny clowns like @GG claim to know what’s best for other people. Garbage 

Did you miss all the kkk members in the democratic party? How about the welfare program that had kept the black in chains long after they were freed? Yeah, all these democratic cities are just wonderful places to live and raise a child in a single family home. 

7 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Did you miss all the kkk members in the democratic party? How about the welfare program that had kept the black in chains long after they were freed? Yeah, all these democratic cities are just wonderful places to live and raise a child in a single family home. 

The KKK left in 1964 when the Democratic Party became the party that championed human rights over states rights. More whites are on welfare than blacks but so what? You think poverty relief efforts hurt people? They’d be better going hungry? 

Cities have gone gone down hill since the automobile came along and the wealth and jobs moved out. Blaming the Democrats for that is like blaming the fire department for fires 

2 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

All this is lobbying for reperations. 

7000 blacks killed by blacks in 2019.

Yes, slavery and segregation have hurt black people long term, not a very nice socially beneficial situations. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Democrats have been very benefiticial to the black community. It’s where they get representation in the government and have allowed them to fight poverty and systemic racism amount other issues. There was only a tiny black mhole dale class 50 years ago, and now there is a sizable black middle class, just for one example. 

Agreed their is a growing middle class, but not near enough wealth after having been in the "Great Society" for almost 60 years now.

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, did you miss all those elected black politicians? I think it’s funny clowns like @GG claim to know what’s best for other people. Garbage 

That is truly  what the Democratic party has been doing for 60 years. Opportunity is name of the game, not social media platitudes and garbage photo ops .

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Agreed their is a growing middle class, but not near enough wealth after having been in the "Great Society" for almost 60 years now.

That is truly  what the Democratic party has been doing for 60 years. Opportunity is name of the game, not social media platitudes and garbage photo ops .

The Great Society did a lot for a whole lot of people, not just blacks. Black people have had to overcome the legacy of slavery and segregation, not easy things to move past. 

I'm determined to keep pounding the truth. Truth shouldn't be hate speech.

Very rarely to I ever hear any alternatives to "whites are to blame for black peoples problems"

How about black people are responsible for their own problems?

I see many successful black people in every facet of life, how is that figured into the equation?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

**IF YOU ARE WHITE AND THINK SYSTEMIC RACISM IS A MYTH, GO WATCH THE NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY '13TH'. ITS FILLED WITH VERIFIABLE FACTS THAT WILL FINALLY OPEN YOUR EYES & ITS MAINLY TOLD BY WHITE PEOPLE. HERE IS A SHORT ONE MINUTE CLIP **

Many whites become uncomfortable with giving any sort of thought that their country isnt the squeaky clean 'Home of the Free' and 'Greatest Country on Earth' that they want to believe it to be. I wanted to get the ALL CAPS info out first because many wont make it through this entire post. In fact, I have probably already lost a decent percentage. This is for the people who want TRUTH. The REAL, unadulterated TRUTH. Not some conspiracy theory, or something made up in peoples heads, but actual factual information that any intelligent being would  digest and reach the same conclusion that once you realize the way America has done black people throughout history, coupled with the number of old white men still in power, one can only surmise that it would be near impossible to claim that all remnants of black oppression has been cleaned from law and a system designed with holding back the black man in mind. BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO LEARN WHAT HISTORY CLASS WOULDNT DARE TEACH YOU!!!!

So at this present time of a sudden awakening of my white brethren...many white folks I associate with have reached out to me after seeing my Facebook posts (which basically called out any white people I know to choose a side, either commit to being a part of the problem or the solution) and would ask what they can do to be part of the solution. I tell all of them the same thing; "Go watch the Netflix documentary '13th' and come back and tell me what you think." I must say...Im SHOCKED but yet not at all surprised the number coming back to me saying they had no idea about most of what happened. As a black man, who grew up with parents who forced me to learn the REAL HISTORY of America, I am just now fully realizing that most white people my age and younger are mostly CLUELESS about the real history of this country as it relates to its dealing with my people. 

This has caused me to have an epiphany...many white folks I once deemed racist are actually just ignorant. They have been fooled and miseducated by the same system designed to oppress black people in this country. I challenge all white people who have a hard time believing the claims of black people about what we deal with in a society as a whole to watch this documentary. Realize why black people, especially black men were intentionally criminalized in the media and intentionally skewed data. But that only if you want real truth. Those who wish to remain in their comfort zone of ignorance will do so regardless, and thats the worst type of racist of them all.

(sorry for any typos or grammar mistakes, I normally proof read posts this long but its too late for that. Im sure you get my point)

Lost me when I got to the underlined blue above. I have to admit, you had me reeled in for a second. I think it is pointless to get educated on a topic such as this by rich white liberals who have enjoyed such a pampered life when there so many black people to talk to in this country and get the facts organically.

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It doesn't help that a good amount of minority owned businesses were burnt to the ground and/or looted over the past several weeks. Hopefully they can build that wealth back and pass it on to their next generation. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

**IF YOU ARE WHITE AND THINK SYSTEMIC RACISM IS A MYTH, GO WATCH THE NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY '13TH'. ITS FILLED WITH VERIFIABLE FACTS THAT WILL FINALLY OPEN YOUR EYES & ITS MAINLY TOLD BY WHITE PEOPLE. HERE IS A SHORT ONE MINUTE CLIP **

Many whites become uncomfortable with giving any sort of thought that their country isnt the squeaky clean 'Home of the Free' and 'Greatest Country on Earth' that they want to believe it to be. I wanted to get the ALL CAPS info out first because many wont make it through this entire post. In fact, I have probably already lost a decent percentage. This is for the people who want TRUTH. The REAL, unadulterated TRUTH. Not some conspiracy theory, or something made up in peoples heads, but actual factual information that any intelligent being would  digest and reach the same conclusion that once you realize the way America has done black people throughout history, coupled with the number of old white men still in power, one can only surmise that it would be near impossible to claim that all remnants of black oppression has been cleaned from law and a system designed with holding back the black man in mind. BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO LEARN WHAT HISTORY CLASS WOULDNT DARE TEACH YOU!!!!

So at this present time of a sudden awakening of my white brethren...many white folks I associate with have reached out to me after seeing my Facebook posts (which basically called out any white people I know to choose a side, either commit to being a part of the problem or the solution) and would ask what they can do to be part of the solution. I tell all of them the same thing; "Go watch the Netflix documentary '13th' and come back and tell me what you think." I must say...Im SHOCKED but yet not at all surprised the number coming back to me saying they had no idea about most of what happened. As a black man, who grew up with parents who forced me to learn the REAL HISTORY of America, I am just now fully realizing that most white people my age and younger are mostly CLUELESS about the real history of this country as it relates to its dealing with my people. 

This has caused me to have an epiphany...many white folks I once deemed racist are actually just ignorant. They have been fooled and miseducated by the same system designed to oppress black people in this country. I challenge all white people who have a hard time believing the claims of black people about what we deal with in a society as a whole to watch this documentary. Realize why black people, especially black men were intentionally criminalized in the media and intentionally skewed data. But that only if you want real truth. Those who wish to remain in their comfort zone of ignorance will do so regardless, and thats the worst type of racist of them all.

(sorry for any typos or grammar mistakes, I normally proof read posts this long but its too late for that. Im sure you get my point)

"Learn" something from Netflix?? That's where I quit reading. 

49 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

All this is lobbying for reperations. 

7000 blacks killed by blacks in 2019.

Crickets lol. No leverage against the white male patriarchy to be had here. Might actually have to internalize to identify the real problem. No one to blame then.

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Great Society did a lot for a whole lot of people, not just blacks. Black people have had to overcome the legacy of slavery and segregation, not easy things to move past. 

LBJ---"I'll have those n******s voting democrat for the next 200 years". The Great Society hasn't doneshit other than breaking up the Black family and moving them closer to the old plantation way of life. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Also "cutting taxes" isn't a "racist dogwhistle" no matter how much you insist it is.

Also, nice poll options. 'how long have you been beating your local black man, whitey?"

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Someone needs to explain how cutting taxes is racist.

Amazes me how two, probably at minimum, somewhat intelligent people can listen to that audio, where in the beginning Atwater clearly says that in the 50's you could be overtly racist by saying"n*gger, n*gger, n*gger" but then later it isnt accepted anymore so you come up with ways to covertly pass the same message. He parallels that with ways to covertly still negatively impact blacks. THIS IS JUST A SMALL SNIPPET BUT SHOWS HOW THE MAN THINKS. He was explaining his "Southern Strategy"

Its AMAZING I have to break that down to two adults and Im sure I'll come across plenty of the same "that audio shows nothing" type of rhetoric from those who love to keep the blinders on. All of a sudden your brain cant put things together and unless you see a video of an indisputable act, you'll make excuses and try to justify or minimize it. SMH

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Amazes me how two, probably at minimum, somewhat intelligent people can listen to that audio, where in the beginning Atwater clearly says that in the 50's you could be overtly racist by saying"n*gger, n*gger, n*gger" but then later it isnt accepted anymore so you come up with ways to covertly pass the same message. He parallels that with ways to covertly still negatively impact blacks. THIS IS JUST A SMALL SNIPPET BUT SHOWS HOW THE MAN THINKS. He was explaining his "Southern Strategy"

Its AMAZING I have to break that down to two adults and Im sure I'll come across plenty of the same "that audio shows nothing" type of rhetoric from those who love to keep the blinders on. All of a sudden your brain cant put things together and unless you see a video of an indisputable act, you'll make excuses and try to justify or minimize it. SMH

So then, what you're saying is that now anyone who proposes cutting taxes is  racist?

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

That's precisely what he's saying.

Intellectually lazy.

Gotta love how some on here are literally butchering the English language in the name of social justice ... smdh

33 minutes ago, Cinga said:

So then, what you're saying is that now anyone who proposes cutting taxes is  racist?

AGAIN mixing the point! I refuse to believe you all are this damn simple! Its not about specifically what he said regarding cutting taxes. That was a snippet to show the way he thinks. His strategy involved covert black oppression tactics. You should be ashamed for intentionally choosing to ignore what that audio clip shows and minimizing it. That is the problem with race relations in America today. THAT WAY OF THINKING. BLINDERS ON! IGNORE CLEAR RACIST AGENDAS! MAKE EXCUSES! TURN AND LOOK THE OTHER WAY.

WAKE UP!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Gotta love how some on here are literally butchering the English language in the name of social justice ... smdh

Gotta love how people will deflect and consider the imperfect use of grammar the bigger issue than social injustice. Very very sad. Anything to redirect attention from the truth.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

AGAIN mixing the point! I refuse to believe you all are this damn simple! Its not about specifically what he said regarding cutting taxes. That was a snippet to show the way he thinks. His strategy involved covert black oppression tactics. You should be ashamed for intentionally choosing to ignore what that audio clip shows and minimizing it. That is the problem with race relations in America today. THAT WAY OF THINKING. BLINDERS ON! IGNORE CLEAR RACIST AGENDAS! MAKE EXCUSES! TURN AND LOOK THE OTHER WAY.

WAKE UP!!!!

Yes, this particular person clearly had a racist agenda in 1981. Welcome to 2020. I wholeheartedly suggest you hop in the TARDIS and let him know how damaging his agenda could be.

Actually, scratch that. The TARDIS is a police box so it should probably be canceled soon.

• Haha (+1) 1