East Coast Reporting More?!

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com

East Coast (the place that brought us our Nate Clements info first) projects us trading Travis Henry and our 2nd to Phili for their #35. Thus selecting Matt Jones.

They are also reporting that San Fran has agreed to draft Alex smith #1!

"04/17...The latest news around the league starts in Buffalo where the Travis Henry sweepstakes appears to be heating up...the Arizona Cardinals were one of the first teams to express their interest in Henry... but within the last week the Tampa Bay Bucs and Philadelphia Eagles have both contacted the Bills about the possibility of trading for Henry...these teams realize that although this Draft appears to be full of Halfbacks that will be available in rounds three through five...they also know that there is a HUGE dropoff after the top three backs...the Eagles own two picks in the top 35 of this Draft (picks #31 and #35) could be "dangling " one of those picks to acquire Henry from the Bills in a trade down with the team...the Bills first pick in the Draft is at #55 and a package deal of that pick and Travis Henry could be headed to Philly for one of the Eagles first two picks...this is nothing more than speculation at this time...but stay tuned come Draft Day...

Bills Gm Tom Donahoe stated this week at the Bills Pre-Draft Luncheon that several NFL teams have contacted him about trading their first pick in the Draft and getting out of the first round...the general feeling around the league is there are about 15 Top Prospects in this Draft but the next 15 to 20 prospects all carry a similar grade...some teams that are drafting in that area feel they would rather move down into the second round of the Draft and not have to pay first round money to a prospect...they would then acquire an extra third or fourth round pick for trading down where there will be several solid prospects still on the board in round three through four......just a reminder...Al will be tweaking his two round Mock several times between now and the Draft...before posting his Final Mock next Friday.

"

Thats awful.  Henry AND our 2nd rounder for their 2nd rounder????  Ughh, I hope that deal isn't done.

309507[/snapback]

No, the pick we would get from Philly is there 2nd 1st round pick #35.

Still don't like the trade that much.... We need that 2nd rounder. Now if we added a 3rd.....

No, the pick we would get from Philly is there 2nd 1st round pick #35.

309537[/snapback]

Unless the NFL has added several teams, that's a low 2nd.

I don't get the logic of this scenario. Then again, it was conjured by armchair NFL pundits. There's lots of them these days.

TD will get something tangible for Travis, not merely moving up a few spots in a craptacular draft. If not, expect to see #20 back in red, white, two shades of blue, and silver.

Unless the NFL has added several teams, that's a low 2nd.

I don't get the logic of this scenario. Then again, it was conjured by armchair NFL pundits. There's lots of them these days.

TD will get something tangible for Travis, not merely moving up a few spots in a craptacular draft. If not, expect to see #20 back in red, white, two shades of blue, and silver.

309559[/snapback]

I disagree with you guys.

If there's a player that TD wants (like Matt Jones) at 35, who won't be available at 55; a trading Travis Henry to move TWENTY spots up is worth it.

With needs we have at corner and on both sides of the lines, why on earth would we draft a project like Matt Jones?

309580[/snapback]

Because the last QB turned TE worked out so well for this team. Granted he was taken in the 6th round, but you figure if you take a project in the first round, he'll learn the most difficult position that much faster.

Trade our 2nd and Henry for the chance to draft a Qb turned Receiver/TE project?

This would make TD a laughing stock.  As Napolian Dynamite would say....GAAAASH  THIS SUCKS.

309605[/snapback]

Dont you know I'm training to become a cage-fighter?

But seriously...the Matt Jones idea is very unlikely to happen. Gambling Travis Henry, plus our original 2nd rounder to move up to take a converted QB is too risky for my tastes. Give me Terry, Baas or Spencer instead.

If these idiots had half a brain they'd know the trade up is for OL or CB .  I can't wait until Jones is drafted by someone else so this insanity stops.

309571[/snapback]

I'm with you. I think this draft we'll get people we need. I don't think we'll get a surprise pick.

Peters as a TE has shown very little on offense. Why would TD do this again?

#35 is a high sicond round pick. I personally don't think that is a good trade from Buffalo's standpoint, but wouldn't mind it if Philly threw in another pick in a lower round, say a 4th. I don't think Philly would trade their third.

Why would we trade into the first round when everyone is trying to get out?

I'm not that big on targeting on specific guy and selling the farm for him. More often than not that backfires.

RTB

309591[/snapback]

Supply and demand. if everyone is looking to get out, it's cheaper to get in.

But I agree with your second point. The one player I can think of the TD traded up to get was Ryan Denney, not a great success.

I would not give Philly Travis Henry and a second for #35. Screw them...I would keep Henry before I did that. I think Henry is worth that high second round pick in this draft. He will prove his worth...you can mark my words.

that deal, plus that awful, awful website, discredit anything you'll read there, in my opinion.

Rule #1 in web design: Don't make the user download a bunch of gratuitous java applets and animations. Rule #2: Don't make users read colored text on a black background. Rule #3: Don't suck in every single aspect of design.

That site breaks all 3 cardinal rules.

ANd giving up #55 and Travis Henry for the #35 pick seems a wee bit insane. It's more likely that the Bills would claim their #35 straight up for Travis.

If these idiots had half a brain they'd know the trade up is for OL or CB .  I can't wait until Jones is drafted by someone else so this insanity stops.

309571[/snapback]

you're seriously my new hero. the only other person thats anti jones. ain't alot of us out there.

i'll say it again big white banaboat fast runnin track speed no talent ... freak

Thats awful.  Henry AND our 2nd rounder for their 2nd rounder????  Ughh, I hope that deal isn't done.

309507[/snapback]

How is moving up 20 picks awful? No one going to trade just a pure 2nd rounder for TH because there is a glut in the RB market. I'd try to get Phily to throw in a late rounder, they have 2 5th rounders, 1 6th, and 3 7th rounders.

The Bills would be doing just about the same thing with Cards except we would also get Shelton.