East Coast Reporting More?!

Why would we trade into the first round when everyone is trying to get out?

I'm not that big on targeting on specific guy and selling the farm for him. More often than not that backfires.

RTB

309591[/snapback]

it sure worked for Ryan Denney :devil:

Why would we trade into the first round when everyone is trying to get out?

I'm not that big on targeting on specific guy and selling the farm for him. More often than not that backfires.

RTB

309591[/snapback]

What gets me more are those people saying TD should trade back into the first, then trade down and stockpile picks. Pardon my English, but... HUH?!!?

If trading down were so easy, everyone would do it, especially this year. Not to mention that there would be no net gain other than wasted time. 2+1-2 still equals 1. But I guess by doing something, anything, there would be headlines.

Why don't people who only know the cliches of draft-day activity just wait until camp starts before opening their mouths? Abe Lincoln had some good advice on remaining silent, don't you know.

How is moving up 20 picks awful? No one going to trade just a pure 2nd rounder for TH because there is a glut in the RB market. I'd try to get Phily to throw in a late rounder, they have 2 5th rounders, 1 6th, and 3 7th rounders.

Moving up 20 picks in the 2nd round should not cost you a proven, pro-bowl RB. C'mon now thats a little much. If Philly threw in a 3rd or 4th rounder, or maybe a player, then fine.

The Bills would be doing just about the same thing with Cards except we would also get Shelton.

Exactly. They get a much needed OL along with moving up 11 spots. A MUCH better deal than the other one.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2005PreDraft.html

Check out their new mock as of a couple of minutes ago...

Very interesting and exciting...not sure that #25 is enough for Nate though...I would like something else as well..not sure what....but maybe a first and a third this year or next...they dont have a second so we cant work with that...maybe a player...

Nate was picked with a higher draft choice than #25 in a better draft class and has panned out as a proven top flight CB. It would be ridiculous to not acquire more than just the #25 pick for him.

"here's a pro bowl player for a 50/50 scratch off card to obtain a "good" player"

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2005PreDraft.html

This is beautiful Matt Jones who MM loves and the NuUUUUg so my blood pressure will stay stable. Please let this happen. OK hammer away

310755[/snapback]

I have been internetless the past couple of weeks and missed a lot of Bills news. Can someone please tell me the fascination with Matt Jones?