Breonna Taylor's murders are still free (THIS IS THE POINT)

Just now, FireChans said:

I didn’t know about Breonna Taylor or Autumn Steele.

what do I win?

Poster of the Month, I'm guessing

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Yeah. 

Because the investigation thus far is pretty comprehensive, you think? 

11 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Do you even know the name "Breonna Taylor"? 

If she were a White girl, you would. If she were a White girl killed by a Black man, there'd be dozens of threads. ...

please point me to those 'dozens of threads' where a white girl was killed by a black man. i'll wait...

nice attempt at discrete NLP programming there with your not so random capitalizations.....

10 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Is there a reason you format your posts to have larger font than the standard size?

It seems like a message that you think your posts should receive priority status. Which is odd because you have never posted anything more substantial than the above.....

kinda like your, not so random capitalizations?

pot/kettle much???

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Everyone does, is that right? Also -- this is another post you can say on camera! This is one of your better ones!

All of these names do is prove my point that unaccountable police violence is a problem that affects all Americans. I don't know why you are assuming I don't know these names. I more than encourage you to create a thread for each of them specifically. They all deserve discussion. 

no.. what is odd is that you didn't create a thread for them...

you know... since there are dozens of them....

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Do you even know the name "Breonna Taylor"? 

If she were a White girl, you would. If she were a White girl killed by a Black man, there'd be dozens of threads. 

Breonna Taylor was an EMT who was shot 8 times by police. She did nothing wrong. The report finally released is virtually blank. There have been no charges. No investigation. No official word on the matter.

Asking in good faith to the police or ex-police of the board — @billsfan1959 and @Sig1Hunter — to share their views on how this could happen. This would hopefully be unacceptable in your workplace, I would like to believe? Have you seen comparable incidents in your careers? Are the police justified here, or no?

To people who continue to obfuscate the point like @Chef Jim — this is the point, this is what the D-Day thread is about.This is an example of racism and oppression and fascism in America (I wonder if @TakeYouToTasker would disagree with any of those definitions)

She would receive more national attention if she were a White woman. This is hardly debatable. A missing or dead White woman is always big national news. Natalie Holloway, etc etc. 

Actually, again, it supports my point. You misrepresenting my point doesn't change it :)

Black people suffer from police brutality and police immunity. They are not the only ones. It affects everybody. It doesn't affect White people nearly as much proportionally, by any means, and go crunch some numbers if you want to disagree on stats! But it does affect White people and Latino people and Asian and Native and every classification. To suggest it affects everybody in equal numbers, in equal demographics is stupid. Do rich people get shot by police as frequently as poor people? And so on.

Take my money, bro, and stop dodging this great job offer.

200_d.gif

8 hours ago, GregPersons said:

And of sharing your thoughts when you don't know what you're talking about :)

Uhhh yeah the specific details are obviously different, but we're on the subject of "missing women." There were several other pretty young white girl is missing stories besides Holloway too, as I'm sure you recall. Jon Benet Ramsey is a white girl who's unsolved murder is still talked about to this day.

I don't know any examples of White women being shot by police. I'd guess that'd be one of the lowest demographics to suffer from police shootings, physically. (Women in general suffer from police violence, psychically, with how poorly police handle rape cases; they are also physically abused by police too. But I don't know any examples of innocent White women being shot by police)

hysterical.gif.4948ea687646dc67a187f2d15c568f1c.gif

8 hours ago, GregPersons said:

I don't know any examples of White women being shot by police.

I gave you one in post#9 of this very thread.

Black people suffer from police brutality and police immunity. They are not the only ones. It affects everybody. It doesn't affect White people nearly as much proportionally, by any means, and go crunch some numbers if you want to disagree on stats! But it does affect White people and Latino people and Asian and Native and every classification. To suggest it affects everybody in equal numbers, in equal demographics is stupid. Do rich people get shot by police as frequently as poor people? And so on.

Can you explain why Black officers are more likely to kill unarmed Black men than their white counterparts? I mean, this is about systemic racism born out of white supremacy right?

I think we can agree that any interaction with police has a possibility of being fatal. This would make police killings a function of interactions. Police pretty consistently kill 1000 people annually in the US (0.01% of arrests, 0.002% of interactions). That includes all demographics. ~25% of those deaths are black men, yet that same group accounts for 53% of known murders and 60% of known robberies. There is definitely a discrepancy there, but it doesn't support your racism assertions. Quite the opposite. 

Now if you can get past that assertion and move on towards the idea that, regardless of race, there is an issue with holding police officers accountable for wrongful deaths, perhaps there can be a productive discussion about what is causing the issue and what we as a society can do to remedy it. Based on the stats, I don't think it's the biggest problem out there, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth looking at. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Cinga said:

What about the 252 people killed on the streets of Chicago already this year? 

Do you even know 1 of their names? Here, let me introduce you to the ones this month

Denzail Gresham

North Lawndale | Shooting | M | 27 | Black

Location of homicide: 1900 block of South Trumbull Avenue

Date of homicide: 6/10/2020

Time of homicide: 10:00:00 PM

Read more about this death

Courtney Horton

Near North Side | Shooting | M | 32 | Black

Location of homicide: 1300 block of North Hudson Avenue

Date of homicide: 6/10/2020

Time of homicide: 2:10:00 AM

Cincere Joiner

South Shore | Shooting | M | 17 | Black

Location of homicide: 1500 blk. E. 74th St.

Date of homicide: 6/9/2020

Time of homicide: 4:19:00 PM

Unknown

Chicago Lawn | Shooting | M | 18 | unknown

Location of homicide: 6200 blk. S. Claremont Ave.

Date of homicide: 6/9/2020

Time of homicide: 8:55:00 PM

Unknown

Avalon Park | Shooting | M | 41 | Unknown

Location of homicide: 8500 block of South Euclid Avenue

Date of homicide: 6/8/2020

Time of homicide: 2:18:00 PM

Jeremiah James

Riverdale | Shooting | M | 15 | Black

Location of homicide: South Ellis Avenue

Date of homicide: 6/8/2020

Time of homicide: 9:47:00 PM

Johnathan Stanton

North Lawndale | Shooting | M | 31 | Black

Location of homicide: 1500 blk. S. St. Louis Ave.

Date of homicide: 6/7/2020

Time of homicide: 12:25:00 AM

Pierre Johnson

West Pullman | Shooting | M | 30 | Black

Location of homicide: 12300 block of South Wallace Avenue

Time of homicide: 3:26:00 AM

Dante Denny

Near West Side | Shooting | M | 29 | Black

Location of homicide: 0-100 block of South Seeley Avenue

Time of homicide: 2:29:00 AM

Unknown

Englewood | Shooting | M | 35 | Unknown

Location of homicide: 6800 block of South Emerald Avenue

Time of homicide: 8:00:00 PM

August Gills

Pullman | Shooting | M | 18 | Black

Location of homicide: 800 blk. E. 98th Place

Date of homicide: 6/6/2020

Time of homicide: 2:41:00 PM

Larita Kinley

Roseland | Shooting | F | 37 | Black

Location of homicide: 10400 blk. S. Eggleston Ave.

Date of homicide: 6/4/2020

Time of homicide: 12:50:00 AM

Loren Johnson

South Chicago | Shooting | M | 42 | Black

Location of homicide: 3200 blk. E. 91st St.

Time of homicide: 9:37:00 PM

Gerald Johnson

Humboldt Park | Shooting | M | 31 | Black

Location of homicide: 1000 block of North Avers Avenue

Time of homicide: 3:00:00 AM

Andre Jackson

Englewood | Shooting | M | 24 | Black

Location of homicide: 6500 block of South Green Street

Date of homicide: 6/3/2020

Time of homicide: 4:40:00 PM

Alex Clark

Auburn Gresham | Shooting | M | 21 | Black

Location of homicide: 7900 block of South Union Ave.

Date of homicide: 6/3/2020

Time of homicide: 8:35:00 PM

Anthony McMillen II

South Shore | Shooting | M | 26 | Unknown

Location of homicide: 2000 E. 70th St.

Date of homicide: 6/2/2020

Time of homicide: 1:05:00 PM

Julian Yaber

South Lawndale/Little Village | Shooting | M | 23 | white

Location of homicide: 2600 block of South Keeler

Date of homicide: 6/2/2020

Time of homicide: 2:23:00 AM

Shanon Steward

West Englewood | Shooting | M | 24 | Black

Location of homicide: 7300 blk. S. Seeley Ave.

Date of homicide: 6/1/2020

Time of homicide: 2:35:00 PM

Anthony Walker

Gage Park | Crash | M | 41 | unknown

Location of homicide: 2900 blk. W. 51st St.

Time of homicide: 7:22:00 PM

Jose Santiago

West Town | Shooting | M | 51 | Unknown

Location of homicide: 2700 blk. W. Haddon Ave.

Time of homicide: 3:35:00 AM

Andrew Crues

East Garfield Park | Shooting | M | 34 | Black

Location of homicide: 3900 block of West Madison Avenue

Time of homicide: 1:50:00 PM

Darius Ferguson

South Shore | Stabbing | M | 26 | Black

Location of homicide: 7700 blk. S. Paxton Ave.

Time of homicide: 8:58:00 PM

These are two entirely different issues. Do anyone doubt if a young Black male in Chicago is caught on camera killing someone that he won’t go to prison? The issue is that cops are unjustly killing Black people and usually there are zero consequences. Even when it is on camera. Cops are and should be held to a higher stander than a gang member. Also this leads bigger issues in Black communities. When a crime occur many of us are afraid to call the police because of bad experiences. I have been treated like garbage by police on more than one occasion and I am a veteran. I am very hesitant to call the police because some cops actually make the situation worse. 

One more thing.  Black people talk about and address crime and other issues in our communities everyday. Just in Buffalo alone the Peacekeepers are in the community doing a great job. In Chicago you have groups and people in the community trying to make a difference. Just because it is not covered in mainstream media, or right wing outlets doesn’t mean it is not happening.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ARS said:

These are two entirely different issues. Do anyone doubt if a young Black male in Chicago is caught on camera killing someone that he won’t go to prison? The issue is that cops are unjustly killing Black people and usually there are zero consequences. Even when it is on camera. Cops are and should be held to a higher stander than a gang member. Also this leads bigger issues in Black communities. When a crime occur many of us are afraid to call the police because of bad experiences. I have been treated like garbage by police on more than one occasion and I am a veteran. I am very hesitant to call the police because some cops actually make the situation worse. 

One more thing.  Black people talk about and address crime and other issues in our communities everyday. Just in Buffalo alone the Peacekeepers are in the community doing a great job. In Chicago you have groups and people in the community trying to make a difference. Just because it is not covered in mainstream media, or right wing outlets doesn’t mean it is not happening.

So it’s your contention that the only people ‘unjustly’ killed by police officers are black people? There are no White people unjustly killed?

This Breonna Taylor case is partially horrific. If you truly believe in small government and the 2nd Amendment you should be outrage. The suspect was already in custody. There was a no knock warrant and the police were in plainclothes. Breonna boyfriend Kenneth Walker is a legal gun owner. He did what most people would of done and defended himself. He had know way of knowing they were cops. It despicable that they tried to charge him with attempted murder. The only reason they dropped the charges was because of public pressure. Often Black people are not afforded the same second Amendment rights as our White counterparts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So it’s your contention that the only people ‘unjustly’ killed by police officers are black people? There are no White people unjustly killed?

Where did I say that? Of course that is not the case. However, Black people are killed at disproportionate rate. The Boston Globe just came out with a good article about this. It is worth reading.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/11/opinion/statistical-paradox-police-killings/%3foutputType=amp

Also, the main point is that no one should be unjustly killed by police. I would hope you would be on board with certain police reforms to try to stop these incidents. However, when it is a Black person killed by the cops or even just a White citizen (Ahmaud Arbery) there are all sort of excuses given. The victim is put on trial. That is why so many Black people are frustrated and feed up.

6 minutes ago, ARS said:

Where did I say that? Of course that is not the case. However, Black people are killed at disproportionate rate. The Boston Globe just came out with a good article about this. It is worth reading.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/11/opinion/statistical-paradox-police-killings/%3foutputType=amp

Also, the main point is that no one should be unjustly killed by police. I would hope you would be on board with certain police reforms to try to stop these incidents. However, when it is a Black person killed by the cops or even just a White citizen (Ahmaud Arbery) there are all sort of excuses given. The victim is put on trial. That is why so many Black people are frustrated and feed up.

So the police are racist because they have more non-lethal interactions with black people? That's the paradox? There are several seemingly poor assumptions in that link.

22 minutes ago, ARS said:

Since the hundreds of American police departments are autonomous and not controlled by a centralized federal policy or ‘system’ it should be a simple study to conduct. Are black people not killed in departments led by black police chiefs? Are black people not killed by black officers? Drawing the conclusion that black people are killed by white officers because of racism seems like a bit of an over simplification...no? But let me ask it in the reverse, when a black person kills a white person, is it because of racism? I don’t think so....do you? 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So the police are racist because they have more non-lethal interactions with black people? That's the paradox? There are several seemingly poor assumptions in that link.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think points were well researched and clearly expressed. They briefly talked about racial profiling is a variable.  If you been through racial profiling it make a lot more sense. Also there was a FBI report in 2006 under the Bush administration stating that White Supremacists were Infiltrating Law enforcement.

BTW. Most of us are not saying all cops are racist or bad. I have had experiences with racists cops and good cops. I had cops literally stop me for no reason and asking me why I was in a particular neighborhood. I been stop with my friends because we were in a certain type of car. Some of these situations went left. But, I also have had cops let me off with a warning when they could have given me tickets. I know cops that show up to Block Club meetings and get to know people. Cops are like the rest of society. You have good people, bad people and everything in between. But  too often the bad cops are not held accountable for their actions.