Does PPP stand against Racism?

Are you against racism?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are you actively against racism?

1 hour ago, GregPersons said:

I think @Koko78 already made that thread. I'm not here to be part of the PPP majority, dumbass — it's not hard to see the board for what it is. I'm here to make sure you know that a lot of people really hate you, and I suspect you are burrowed deep enough into your bubble that you don't hear it enough. Your post here and Koko's and others reveals your only real strength is your ability to actively ferociously deny reality.

Hey racists — you're ***** pathetic, we see you, and we hate you. You're not wanted in our communities. This board sucks major ass because it's crawling with racists. It's embarrassing to know Bills fans like the PPP members are out there among us. Racists should know, you've all made yourself known, all of your plausible deniability is completely shot now. And just, you know. You suck, and there's a reason you're lonely. That's all.

we-don-t-care-meme.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Are you sure? You made a whole thread about me yesterday. Seems like one might even say I am "living in your head rent-free" 

One might say that, but that one would likely be an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I rarely participate in polls here.  But I’d love your comments on the outcome so far. 

Sure. I'd say it proves my theory entirely correct. Do you think there are only 19 posters on PPP? You're emblematic of what I keep showing you. Racists are cowards. Of course you aren't voting; you can't say "Yes" but you're too embarrassed to vote "No" even though it's your position. 

Racists are happy to say other beliefs are wrong, but unwilling to stand by their own. You've been repeatedly offered money by me and @Warren Zevon to just state your opinion. You have more incentive than anybody to just be upfront. You can't, because you're either lying to yourself or convinced you're a better liar than you are. Which is why I keep showing you how easy it is to see through. It's like you're going blue in the face to insist there's no arrow in the FedEx logo. The lived reality is obvious. Your fictional reality is much harder to maintain.

Nice words Cole. 

@GregPersons

@Warren Zevon

How about a list of all the things you’re doing to fight racism. Be good leaders. Lead by example. I’ll follow. 

Nice words from Cole. Interesting that I've been saying virtually the same thing repeatedly but received 0 such compliments from you. Including that no actions are too small.

One thing you could do — speak out against racism in your community when you see it :)

Edited by GregPersons

11 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Sure. I'd say it proves my theory entirely correct. Do you think there are only 19 posters on PPP? You're emblematic of what I keep showing you. Racists are cowards. Of course you aren't voting; you can't say "Yes" but you're too embarrassed to vote "No" even though it's your position. 

Racists are happy to say other beliefs are wrong, but unwilling to stand by their own. You've been repeatedly offered money by me and @Warren Zevon to just state your opinion. You have more incentive than anybody to just be upfront. You can't, because you're either lying to yourself or convinced you're a better liar than you are. Which is why I keep showing you how easy it is to see through. It's like you're going blue in the face to insist there's no arrow in the FedEx logo. The lived reality is obvious. Your fictional reality is much harder to maintain.

Define actively against racism.  

Nice words from Cole. Interesting that I've been saying virtually the same thing repeatedly but received 0 such compliments from you. Including that no actions are too small.

One thing you could do — speak out against racism in your community when you see it :)

Cole didn’t call me a racist from the get go and

refer to me as a dickweed. And you expect me to compliment you?  Oh and that was a backhanded compliment to Cole. 

No no no. I asked specifically what had YOU done. 

Edited by Chef Jim

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Cole didn’t call me a racist from the get go and

refer to me as a dickweed. And you expect me to compliment me. Oh and that was a backhanded compliment to Cole. 

No no no. I asked specifically what had YOU done. 

I'm showing you one way right here, right now. This counts. This is small. But this is one of my communities. You're somebody that is in a community that I am in. So, calling out racism and helping you understand even as you thrash and cry, that's just one small little thing. 

As for IRL examples, I'm not giving you my resume or personal information; I've mentioned before some of my work in a slightly more pleasant conversation with SoCal Deek. I don't care about your approval, I'm just noting your inconsistent principles again.

Cole wants you to like him. I don't care what you think of me. Cole is the "carrot" for you to be anti-racist. I am the "stick." 

What have you done? You can limit your actions just to what you've done here in this community. Unless you think some communities don't count, or count more than others?

Edited by GregPersons

2 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

protesting and rioting comfortably from the basement.

You've chosen to ignore content by GregPersons. Options 
You've chosen to ignore content by Warren Zevon. Options

Looks like you have made a good choice by this activity against racism....

1 minute ago, GregPersons said:

I'm showing you one way right here, right now. This counts. This is small. But this is one of my communities. You're somebody that is in a community that I am in. So, calling out racism and helping you understand even as you thrash and cry, that's just one small little thing. 

As for IRL examples, I'm not giving you my resume or personal information; I've mentioned before some of my work in a slightly more pleasant conversation with SoCal Deek. I don't care about your approval, I'm just noting your inconsistent principles again.

What have you done? You can limit your actions just to what you've done here in this community. Unless you think some communities don't count, or count more than others?

Do you speak out against bullying?

On 6/9/2020 at 6:33 PM, GregPersons said:

Everybody here claims they are "not" racist.... but "not racist" is not the same as "against racism." 

You can assume you are "not racist" and then every time the issue is brought up to you, you look to dismiss it, not realizing how racist that actually is.

Let's clarify. Who here is actually specifically AGAINST racism?

Absolutely.

What can I do?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Absolutely.

What can I do?

Easy. Don't let it stand. I don't know you, but if you happen to be White, you are going to have more access to outward Racists. 

Racists will very rarely be racist in front of Black people or People of Color. They are most comfortable being racist around other Whites, or around people they say are "the Good Ones."

Whoever may be in terms of status, if you're privileged enough to be able to turn on/off your ability to think about race, you're likely in a position where you will encounter racists who are comfortable in their racism. Make sure they are not comfortable. Make sure they know that most people don't think like that. Make sure they know it's wrong, first, and then do your best to be helpful in getting them to understand why. 

What do you think?

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Do you speak out against bullying?

Nope. Some bullying is good. Is anti-bullying an issue you feel passionate about? I would be surprised if so based on your actions. Are you trying to claim the high ground now? 

Why did you ignore everything else I said to make a completely new point? Do you think it might be related to how race makes you uncomfortable? 

Do you think making you uncomfortable about race might even be my point? Because you might think next, "why am I uncomfortable?" Is it just because I'm bullying you? Have you never had someone call you a dickweed? I saw the way you blew up at Margarita yesterday, remember? 

Maybe you think the world is reborn every time you wake up. You seem to struggle with even recent history!

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:
16 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Cole wants you to like him. I don't care what you think of me. Cole is the "carrot" for you to be anti-racist. I am the "stick." 

You’re the stick?  Nah. You are not a stick.

Of course I’m anti-racism. I just don’t need to stand on a soapbox and berate those that walk by to “prove” that I am.  

And why not tell us some of the things you’ve done?  What personal information could that reveal. I need ideas. 

9 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Easy. Don't let it stand. I don't know you, but if you happen to be White, you are going to have more access to outward Racists. 

Racists will very rarely be racist in front of Black people or People of Color. They are most comfortable being racist around other Whites, or around people they say are "the Good Ones."

Whoever may be in terms of status, if you're privileged enough to be able to turn on/off your ability to think about race, you're likely in a position where you will encounter racists who are comfortable in their racism. Make sure they are not comfortable. Make sure they know that most people don't think like that. Make sure they know it's wrong, first, and then do your best to be helpful in getting them to understand why. 

What do you think?

Nope. Some bullying is good. Is anti-bullying an issue you feel passionate about? I would be surprised if so based on your actions. Are you trying to claim the high ground now? 

Why did you ignore everything else I said to make a completely new point? Do you think it might be related to how race makes you uncomfortable? 

Do you think making you uncomfortable about race might even be my point? Because you might think next, "why am I uncomfortable?" Is it just because I'm bullying you? Have you never had someone call you a dickweed? I saw the way you blew up at Margarita yesterday, remember? 

Maybe you think the world is reborn every time you wake up. You seem to struggle with even recent history!

Race makes me uncomfortable?  Please explain how you’ve arrived at that conclusion. I’m actually very comfortable with different races. So not sure where you come to these conclusions. 

And I blew up at Margarita??  Please quote what I said to her that you would construe as blowing up. 

Edited by Chef Jim

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re the stick?  Nah. You are not a stick.

Of course I’m anti-racism. I just don’t need to stand on a soapbox and berate those that walk by to “prove” that I am.  

And why not tell us some of the things you’ve done?  What personal information could that reveal. I need ideas. 

Ohhh, of course you are. Of course. In your heart. You just don't feel the need to demonstrate it with your actions.

You're too concerned about how people perceive you. Get over the embarrassment. Right now you're only "proving" that you are in support of racism, just based on your words and actions here, which is all that I'm judging you on. You might be donating money to BLM even, you need to understand it doesn't change this obvious fact — all of your actions count. Do you disagree? 

You are fine soapboxing for the "Stars and Bars" and berating people in general doesn't really bother you. So, one idea, is to use your abilities to speak against racism. To be actively anti-racist with your words and actions, and not just what you feel in your heart and mind. Quite frankly, the "thoughts & prayers" from White people are useless. All of our words and actions, however small, just as Cole said, make a difference. Racism wasn't built in a day, but over a long period of time. It won't be dismantled by you or I or any one person. It's a collective effort to say "This ends now. The racist buck stops here."

There is an author named Ibram X. Kendi who has written multiple books on the subject of "Anti-Racism" that I would recommend to you as a first action. In fact I think next week even he's releasing a children's picture book if you want one with more pictures. Any of his work would be good. 

His name might seem scary but he's just a normal guy, a father, a Black American writing about race. He includes an anecdote in one of his books, about how when he was 13, he gave a speech about "Black Youth" in middle school. And he realizes now as an adult how, even though he won the speech contest and was celebrated at the time, he realizes his words and actions were actually racist. His speech was about how Black Youth needed to do more to present themselves respectably, to drop the Ebonics, to pull up their pants, to stop the black on black violence. 

He is a Black man, again. As I've said before — anybody can be racist; we all have been racist; we are all born into racism, as a fact of life, and then must make the choice on how to proceed. 

If you're not sure why those ideas would be racist, I recommend reading the book. The short answer is that, again, these ideas uphold White Supremacy ideals that "correct behavior" is whatever White behavior is.  It was incorrect to sell marijuana when it was the "Black market." Now it's legal, Black America still imprisoned, and White America profiting. Democrats are guilty of this too, again; I'm thinking of California where marijuana shops are everywhere, and there are still hundreds of people imprisoned for non-violent drug offenses.

Phew. Good thing I'm a fast typer and so patient. Truly the spirit of a saint to put up with this much nonsense, given how little hope you've given. 

Edited by GregPersons

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

(Goodfellas laughing)

No I think you're doing better, for sure. 

Or maybe you disagree with Cole's words about taking small actions against racism? Since we're all sharing now, what are you doing to stand against racism? 

You can use IRL examples or I'm even accepting your behavior as demonstrated just on TSW.  You're showing you're anti-racist by.... ??

(new post)

How is an ex-cop posting 1 million dollars in bail?  You guys contributing to his release fund, or what?

Edited by GregPersons

14 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Ohhh, of course you are. Of course. In your heart. You just don't feel the need to demonstrate it with your actions.

You're too concerned about how people perceive you. Get over the embarrassment. Right now you're only "proving" that you are in support of racism, just based on your words and actions here, which is all that I'm judging you on. You might be donating money to BLM even, you need to understand it doesn't change this obvious fact — all of your actions count. Do you disagree? 

You are fine soapboxing for the "Stars and Bars" and berating people in general doesn't really bother you. So, one idea, is to use your abilities to speak against racism. To be actively anti-racist with your words and actions, and not just what you feel in your heart and mind. Quite frankly, the "thoughts & prayers" from White people are useless. All of our words and actions, however small, just as Cole said, make a difference. Racism wasn't built in a day, but over a long period of time. It won't be dismantled by you or I or any one person. It's a collective effort to say "This ends now. The racist buck stops here."

There is an author named Ibram X. Kendi who has written multiple books on the subject of "Anti-Racism" that I would recommend to you as a first action. In fact I think next week even he's releasing a children's picture book if you want one with more pictures. Any of his work would be good. 

His name might seem scary but he's just a normal guy, a father, a Black American writing about race. He includes an anecdote in one of his books, about how when he was 13, he gave a speech about "Black Youth" in middle school. And he realizes now as an adult how, even though he won the speech contest and was celebrated at the time, he realizes his words and actions were actually racist. His speech was about how Black Youth needed to do more to present themselves respectably, to drop the Ebonics, to pull up their pants, to stop the black on black violence. 

He is a Black man, again. As I've said before — anybody can be racist; we all have been racist; we are all born into racism, as a fact of life, and then must make the choice on how to proceed. 

If you're not sure why those ideas would be racist, I recommend reading the book. The short answer is that, again, these ideas uphold White Supremacy ideals that "correct behavior" is whatever White behavior is.  It was incorrect to sell marijuana when it was the "Black market." Now it's legal, Black America still imprisoned, and White America profiting. Democrats are guilty of this too, again; I'm thinking of California where marijuana shops are everywhere, and there are still hundreds of people imprisoned for non-violent drug offenses.

Phew. Good thing I'm a fast typer and so patient. Truly the spirit of a saint to put up with this much nonsense, given how little hope you've given. 

Actions. Actions. Actions.  You have given us none of yours. You say “speak up when you see it”. What makes you so positive that I don’t?  You have, for whatever reason, convinced yourself that I don’t. I don’t know where you get that idea. 

5 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Or maybe you disagree with Cole's words about taking small actions against racism?

Nah, mostly I just think you're an idiot.

5 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Since we're all sharing now, what are you doing to stand against racism? 

You can use IRL examples or I'm even accepting your behavior as demonstrated just on TSW.  You're showing you're anti-racist by.... ??

Oh, I'm fighting racism by mocking your stupidity, making fun of your self-importance, laughing at your feeble attempts to virtue signal, and being entertained by your faux sense of self-importance as you pretend to be on an anti-racism jihad.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

No I think you're doing better, for sure. 

Or maybe you disagree with Cole's words about taking small actions against racism? Since we're all sharing now, what are you doing to stand against racism? 

(new post)

How is an ex-cop posting 1 million dollars in bail?  You guys contributing to his release fund, or what?

So you don’t know how a bail bond works?  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Actions. Actions. Actions.  You have given us none of yours. You say “speak up when you see it”. What makes you so positive that I don’t?  You have, for whatever reason, convinced yourself that I don’t. I don’t know where you get that idea. 

So you're denying your posts, even from just an hour ago, denying that racism is a present day reality???????

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Nah, mostly I just think you're an idiot.

Oh, I'm fighting racism by mocking your stupidity, making fun of your self-importance, laughing at your feeble attempts to virtue signal, and being entertained by your faux sense of self-importance as you pretend to be on an anti-racism jihad.

Who am I virtue signaling to, by inserting myself to a sub-forum where I know I will be the minority opinion? If I wanted to virtue signal on PPP, I would say "All lives matter, Obama was a racist, liberals are idiots." That's how I would virtue signal here. 

And how is you mocking me an example of fighting racism, exactly? 

Edited by GregPersons

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Who am I virtue signaling to, by inserting myself to a sub-forum where I know I will be the minority opinion?

How am I building my reputation by doing this? 

And how is you mocking me an example of fighting racism, exactly? 

1.) Yourself. What, do you virtue-signaling morons really think you're doing anything other than trying to make yourselves feel good that you've done absolutely nothing? Do you honestly believe that the meaningless platitudes of 'I need to do better and recognize my own biases, blah blah blah' are actually worth something?

2.) What reputation, that you're an idiot? You've already done a great job cementing that.

3.) If you're not truly down with the anti-racism cause, I'm not interested in explaining it to you.

So you're denying your posts, even from just an hour ago, denying that racism is a present day reality???????

Please point out that post where I denied racism is a present day reality?

But what does that have to do with me questioning how you’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t speak out against racism,  

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

1.) Yourself. What, do you virtue-signaling morons really think you're doing anything other than trying to make yourselves feel good that you've done absolutely nothing? Do you honestly believe that the meaningless platitudes of 'I need to do better and recognize my own biases, blah blah blah' are actually worth something?

2.) What reputation, that you're an idiot? You've already done a great job cementing that.

3.) If you're not truly down with the anti-racism cause, I'm not interested in explaining it to you.

1 & 2) You seem to think I am concerned about my reputation here. I've stated repeatedly, my effort is to make sure racists don't feel comfortable in any of my communities. If me rattling the cages offends you so much, get a better problem to find offense.

3) Well if I'm being racist I'd like to be called on it; a lot of posters have accused me of it, but nobody has used the word correctly. They mean to say I'm being mean, discriminatory, and prejudiced; all true. I'm being all of those things to racists, whoever's post it comes from.

I just don't see how you mocking me is an example of fighting racism, so I'm asking for your help in understanding by using your words to explain. How is mocking me an example of fighting racism?

Please point out that post where I denied racism is a present day reality?

But what does that have to do with me questioning how you’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t speak out against racism,  

Again, as yesterday, as the day before — as a rule, I'm not going through your or anyone's posts. I'm procrastinating here by conversing, I'm not interested in going through your profile in any way. I have told you "no" on this every time. Speaking of saying "no" and saying it clearly — you have no said anything definitive to the offer of saying some of your posts on video for money from me and Warren.

You should be aware of what you are saying. If you started with some basic self awareness, that would count as a victory.

And you could start by stop making assumptions about my assumptions, since that is exactly what you are asking for.  Maybe you speak out against racism elsewhere. In your conversations with me, all you've done is obfuscate, deny, distract, move the goal posts, etc ... every middle school debate trick in the book when you've ultimately got nothing, you've thrown everything at me, I think. Now you're trying the one where you're like, "I was anti-racist the whole time, I just don't like your tone." 

1 hour ago, GregPersons said:

Let me get this straight.

You're assuming if I'm white, I have access to outward racists?  

If they were racists, I would not be hanging out with them. 

So I'm not sure now, what it is I'm supposed to do.

It appears to me you are making a very salacious allegation against all white people. 

Isn't that implicit bias?  Assuming racism is.....everywhere in America is not what my crash course in implicit bias would tell me I should assume.

That wouldn't be very woke of me.  

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Let me get this straight.

You're assuming if I'm white, I have access to outward racists?  

If they were racists, I would not be hanging out with them. 

So I'm not sure now, what it is I'm supposed to do.

It appears to me you are making a very salacious allegation against all white people. 

Isn't that implicit bias?  Assuming racism is.....everywhere in America not what my crash course in implicit bias would tell me I should assume.

That wouldn't be very woke of me.  

I'm going to just keep playing along and assuming you're conversing in good faith. 

I specifically said I am not assuming anything about you. Your question in its nature assumed an ignorance on race. You asked how you could do better. I offered examples for, if you are someone unaffected by racism, structural racism, then you will have access to racists because they are all around. It is a mindset. It's a way of thinking. It's a lie that's been believed for generations.

Racists are in all of our communities; it is more deeply ingrained to the American way of life in countless ways. You can start being woke by awakening to the reality. Acknowledging the history of the country. It's not complicated; convoluted in its forms, yes, but morally this does seem pretty "black or white." Black lives matter, or they don't. The country was built on lies, or black people are inherently inferior. It's one or the other. If we agree to the first two statements, then we need to begin understanding that history is ongoing and we all have a role in shaping it. Again, the choice is simple. It's simply to believe and behave that "This ends now. Racism is a lie. I'm not perpetuating it; I'm calling it out."  Or you don't think racism is a lie, you think there is truth to the inherent racial superiority of one race or another.

Is that the salacious allegation? Or what salacious allegation does it appear that I am saying, what part is salacious? Not sure what you are asking with implicit bias, maybe you could restate? I don't get your point.

Edited by GregPersons

10 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Again, as yesterday, as the day before — as a rule, I'm not going through your or anyone's posts. I'm procrastinating here by conversing, I'm not interested in going through your profile in any way. I have told you "no" on this every time. Speaking of saying "no" and saying it clearly — you have no said anything definitive to the offer of saying some of your posts on video for money from me and Warren.

You’re not going through my posts to prove an accusation?  So you’re either lazy or you’re making ***** up. 

Send me your email and I’ll request the money from you and Warren. $150 each. Once it’s in my account we can discuss the terms of the recording. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

You’re not going through my posts to prove an accusation?  So you’re either lazy or you’re making ***** up. 

Send me your email and I’ll request the money from you and Warren. $150 each. Once it’s in my account we can discuss the terms of the recording. 

I don't think so. You make the video and you get the money. At best, you send us a confirmation video of your name and face, not reading the posts, just to prove you're on the level and I'll consider giving you half up front. That's the easiest way to just steal 25 bucks from me. Just a video showing your face and voice. Basically consider it your "Cameo"

One of us is making up a new reality every day and that person seems to be you; you've been all over the place and I've stayed calm in the pocket. I'm not going through your posts. You can believe whatever you want, you have demonstrated continually an ability to exceed at believing all kinds of different realities. This isn't court and you're not that special.

4 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I don't think so. You make the video and you get the money. At best, you send us a confirmation video of your name and face, not reading the posts, just to prove you're on the level and I'll consider giving you half up front. That's the easiest way to just steal 25 bucks from me. Just a video showing your face and voice. Basically consider it your "Cameo"

One of us is making up a new reality every day and that person seems to be you; you've been all over the place and I've stayed calm in the pocket. I'm not going through your posts. You can believe whatever you want, you have demonstrated continually an ability to exceed at believing all kinds of different realities. This isn't court and you're not that special.

There are videos already of me online. $150 from you and Warren and I’ll send you the links. 

I’m not asking you to go through my posts. You mentioned a specific post. Quote it here. How hard can it be?  Well real hard if it doesn’t actually exist.