Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Heard on the instigators:

That was the Sabres first regulation win in the month of March in THREE YEARS.

Crazy!

Yep.  I was hoping they'd lose last night to keep that streak alive.

We ran into the right team on the right night; Philly is melting down right now and I think their coach is gonna get fired.

This Vancouver Canucks outbreak looks pretty bad.

They are up to 16 players, 3 coaches covid positive so far but I guess the NHL expects basically The entire team to end up testing positive for covid.

best wishes for a speedy recovery for everyone involved!

Their AHL team is also dealing with a covid outbreak, though not as severe. They haven’t played in 3 weeks.

Edited by BillsFan4

54 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This Vancouver Canucks outbreak looks pretty bad.

They are up to 16 players, 3 coaches covid positive so far but I guess the NHL expects basically The entire team to end up testing positive for covid.

best wishes for a speedy recovery for everyone involved!

Their AHL team is also dealing with a covid outbreak, though not as severe. They haven’t played in 3 weeks.

The NHL is horrible at handling Covid. That isn't good for a dieing sport.

17 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Does that mean a trade for Hall is imminent?

The deadline is this coming Monday. So I think part of it is precaution. But I would hope that they are reasonably sure that a trade will happen. It wouldn’t be the best look to hold him out and then not trade him at the deadline 😂

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The deadline is this coming Monday. So I think part of it is precaution. But I would hope that they are reasonably sure that a trade will happen. It wouldn’t be the best look to hold him out and then not trade him at the deadline 😂

I think with the mandatory seven day quarantine for Canadian teams trades will come ahead of the deadline this year. He might be dealt today or tomorrow.

17 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Realistic trade hopes for Hall?:

1st rounder or

Legit 3rd line center prospect that could be ready for 21-22 or

Legit goalie prospect that might actually play someday.  Our current pipe dream Lukkkkkononkkonen or however you spell it  has been a “prospect” since Bob Sauve was playing for his middle school team.  I can see the writing on that wall.

Unrealistic trade hopes:

Hall and Skinner for a 5th rounder.  Nobody is taking the remaking 6 years of that albatross contract but one can dream.

46 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Realistic trade hopes for Hall?:

1st rounder or

Legit 3rd line center prospect that could be ready for 21-22 or

Legit goalie prospect that might actually play someday.  Our current pipe dream Lukkkkkononkkonen or however you spell it  has been a “prospect” since Bob Sauve was playing for his middle school team.  I can see the writing on that wall.

Unrealistic trade hopes:

Hall and Skinner for a 5th rounder.  Nobody is taking the remaking 6 years of that albatross contract but one can dream.

We need players not picks, as our scouting department hasn't done as any favors lately. Give me a 3rd line player and a prospect and I'll call it a day. I know some mentioned Edmonton as a suitor if so Jesse Puljujarvi and Olivier Rodrigue would make me happy. 

Edited by The Jokeman

or its a group of players trying to play their way out of here at the deadline and also for their UFA. 

Been fooled before.  Organization still sucks.  Stick with Granato and pretend everything is fine on the cheap, we will be right back here in a year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.