Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

It’s tough to read much of anything from what happened today. Very little of significance happened anywhere around the league. The bigger signings, a Markstrom or a Holtby, those are t guys we were ever going to be in on. 

• Like (+1) 1

He was pretty decent in Dallas and Vegas. Had 22g a couple seasons ago. Down year last year.

It fills a need. He plays C and should definitely add a bit more offense to our bottom 6. I’ve read he’s good in the locker room too.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

nice pickup by the devils. Shrewd move. This is the type of move I want the Sabres to make (not this specific trade since I don’t see the leafs doing this trade in the division). I’d actually like to see Kevyn Adams make a couple moves like this. This seems like a truly unique opportunity to pick up good players from other team for nothing but cap space. And we actually have some cap space to take advantage of this situation.

I sure hope Adams uses this opportunity. And I hope the Pegula’s let him.

Just look at all the players that have basically been given away in the last few days. If there was ever a time to weaponize our cap space, it’s now. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

I honestly can’t believe he picked the Sabres. 

This is such a huge signing. A motivated Hall is a game changer for the whole team. He almost single handedly dragged the devils to the playoffs a couple seasons ago in his MVP season. 

And this has to boost the entire teams morale. Especially Eichel. I was legit worried this would be his last season in buffalo, but not anymore!

Not only do we have a legitimate top 6, it’s actually a pretty damn good one!

Eichel, Hall, Skinner, Staal, Reinhart, Olofsson. 

Those are all actually legitimate top 6 caliber forwards. Not guys forced into higher roles than they should be in. Legit top 6 players. 

We also have a decent bottom 6. Reider should hopefully help improve the PK. 
Eakin should help add some scoring to the bottom 6 and IMO gives us a legit #3 C (assuming he rebounds from his down year last season, which I think he will).

Then if we get any contributions from Cozens, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Asplund...

and add in some expected growth from Dahlin + a second year in Krueger’s system...

this could potentially be the best Sabres team we’ve had in years. I’m actually excited for the season now. I was getting closer and closer to totally checking out every day. 

Still some work to be done, but overall I’m pretty damn happy so far.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.