2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Anyone who has ever cared for an elderly relative or friend with a form of dementia knows this is elder abuse. And still, the DNC persisted.

I think I’ve shared my thoughts on this before, but if not, this is awful.  So awful.  I’m not a doctor, but I’m very familiar with cognitive decline.  Joe, in my opinion is being treated with a medication (Memantine possibly) that is helping him through a few hours (barely), but as it is with those medications, after your neurons begin firing irregularly, you become overwhelmingly exhausted, dizzy and irrational, before an even bigger decline happens.  I see he’s sundowning, too.  Cognitive meds don’t account for that.  This is sad.  Truly, truly sad and when it’s combined with all of the other things we’ve seen, it paints an ugly picture of truth about the DNC that many of us use to vote religiously for.   My heart breaks for the guy.  I know this is a type of hell for someone to endure.

• Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Bloomberg plans to spend at least $100 million in Florida to support Biden

"Mike Bloomberg is committed to helping defeat Trump, and that is going to happen in the battleground states.

Mike's substantial investment in Florida, in addition to his contributions to the DNC and to voter protection and restoration efforts this cycle, will mean Democrats and the Biden campaign can invest even more heavily in other key states like Pennsylvania, which will be critical to a Biden victory," top Bloomberg adviser Kevin Sheekey told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/13/politics/michael-bloomberg-florida-trump/index.html

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

Bloomberg plans to spend at least $100 million in Florida to support Biden

"Mike Bloomberg is committed to helping defeat Trump, and that is going to happen in the battleground states.

Mike's substantial investment in Florida, in addition to his contributions to the DNC and to voter protection and restoration efforts this cycle, will mean Democrats and the Biden campaign can invest even more heavily in other key states like Pennsylvania, which will be critical to a Biden victory," top Bloomberg adviser Kevin Sheekey told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/13/politics/michael-bloomberg-florida-trump/index.html

There's a guy who loves throwing good money after bad. Maybe with that 100 million he can win Papua New Guinea again. Florida is a lost cause for Biden. His Castro love sunk him.

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's a guy who loves throwing good money after bad. Maybe with that 100 million he can win Papua New Guinea again. Florida is a lost cause for Biden. His Castro love sunk him.

Yes and there is simply a numbers problem for Dems in Florida compared to 2016.

"Republicans have made statewide gains on Democrats in registering voters in Florida since the last presidential election, as shown by the official voter registration book closing for the August 18 primaries.

This latest book closing report shows Democrats’ voter registration advantage over Republicans has been trimmed to 1.7% statewide.

That is down from the gaps seen in the last several statewide elections, including the 2016 general election. Democrats had a voter registration advantage then of 2.5% but Republicans won the big contests anyway, with Donald Trump grabbing Florida and winning the presidency and Sen. Marco Rubio easily dispatching Democratic challenger Rep. Patrick Murphy."

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/355346-republicans-closing-voter-registration-gap-with-democrats

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s Why There Will Be No ‘October Surprise’

It’s September and election day is exactly 53 days away. President Trump, who is seeking re-election, and former Vice President Joe Biden, who is attempting to unseat him, are locked in a dead heat in the polls as they battle it out for the nation’s support. 

Trump is up against not only Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), but he is also fighting a media apparatus that has been intent on destroying since he took office. The former vice president is attempting to make himself look more appealing to the American public despite his questionable record and apparent cognitive issues. 

As the election season nears its conclusion, there seems to be only one major event that typically occurs around this time that many might expect to influence the outcome of the race. Yes, we are talking about the infamous “October Surprise.” 

You know what this is, right? This political phenomenon typically takes the form of a tawdry, lascivious, or otherwise controversial revelation that is designed to cause irreversible damage to one of the candidates. In 2016, we saw this when the corporate media released the Access Hollywood tape in which then-candidate Trump was heard making lewd comments about women. 

This tape was supposed to be a shocking discovery and surely not something the press had been sitting on for months and waiting to reveal at an opportune time. In this case, it didn’t work because Hillary Clinton was such a horrific candidate that not even this piece of new information could propel her to victory. 

{snip}

But the theory I found most compelling came from my friend and Black Roundtable co-host James Cheef:

Anyone who has been following politics for awhile knows that 2020 is an election year that stands on its own. This means that the usual rules do not apply. Will the corporate media attempt to unleash another secret political nuclear weapon in the next few weeks? 

Of course they will. They’ve gotten desperate. After all, didn’t they just attempt to use an unverified and hotly contested article claiming that Trump made disparaging remarks about fallen World War I vets? You can be certain that leftist journalists have already been assembling a new story, or perhaps series of stories, full of unnamed sources and tawdry allegations against the Trump administration. It will be fresh out of the oven shortly. 

But as Cheef stated, it won’t be any different from what they have already been doing all year. Trump’s progressive opponents have already blown their shot, over and over again. From the Russiagate collusion hoax to the impeachment fiasco, they have pulled out all of the stops to smear the president and it hasn’t worked. 

Put simply, unless the left manages to unveil actual evidence of an actual scandal the actually impacts the country, their efforts will amount to a whole lot of noise that is ultimately devoid of meaning. Like The Boy Who Cried Wolf, the will not be taken seriously except by those who already want to buy what the corporate media is selling. 

Of course, this does not automatically mean that Trump’s re-election is in the bag. It simply means that there is likely no October Surprise that has any chance of sinking his chances of victory. 

• Like (+1) 1

This says a lot.

Trump campaign far outpacing Biden in money given by small donors, Biden leads among big donors

by Carrie Sheffield

Original Article

An imperfect though telling metric in presidential campaigns is enthusiasm among small donors, those giving $200 or less. It's a rough proxy for enthusiasm among the base, and just as polling shows President Trump receives a more ardent embrace among his base than rival Joe Biden, the individualized money story reflects that as well. Americans who donate to campaigns are more likely to vote, according to the Pew Research Center. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

"No one should want that" -- a bold statement considering he is stating that a massive disinformation campaign falsely promoting Joe as winning should take priority over the actual will of the American voters. 

When people show you what they are, believe them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1