2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The democrat internal polling must be crap,

that must be why they are pushing 

the fake “rape” story so hard 

they even lowered the age from 13 to 10

desperation. 

"Panic" was the word used by the CA Biden campaign staffers whom I spoke to yesterday. 

No Chance Joe truly has no chance.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Panic? You mean they really thought he had a chance?

It's always interesting for me spending time with that particular friend group. They're all volunteers on the campaign, all involved in local DNC campaigns/organizing. Most are writers or producers in town, a few are academics/professors. The couple we're closest to in that group we've known for years -- yesterday they were telling us that they just got Irish citizenship "just in case" :lol: When I last saw them in person, a few weeks ago, the husband -- who isn't involved in the DNC but is somewhere to the left of Tibs (but with a sense of humor about it) -- was going on and on about how Biden was going to win 40 states by the time the election comes.

So a big swing in just under a month. Yesterday their faces all looked like the CNN panel reacting to the RNC convention 

CNN applauds Melania Trump's speech at RNC: 'Something to be heralded' 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The democrat internal polling must be crap,

that must be why they are pushing 

the fake “rape” story so hard 

they even lowered the age from 13 to 10

desperation. 

If it’s fake - why not cooperate and provide DNA?

image.thumb.jpeg.05b5c673a708f8bb6250f318dec7ec2d.jpeg

Just now, RiotAct said:

0.0% chance.

As fun as it would be, I do agree. I thought it was silly a month ago when the campaign people were talking about making a real push for NY. It's still silly sounding to me now, but the campaign seems to think they have a real chance at it. ?‍♂️

On the pure analytical side: If NY is that vulnerable, even if it stays blue, then imagine what that means for states that are more purple, or the popular vote count. I know some pollsters have Trump already with 320 EC votes in his pocket, but now there's talk that he'll get the popular vote as well. Joe's struggling to match Clinton in WI, MN, MI, and PA -- but also in OR, WA, and now (apparently) NY. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As fun as it would be, I do agree. I thought it was silly a month ago when the campaign people were talking about making a real push for NY. It's still silly sounding to me now, but the campaign seems to think they have a real chance at it. ?‍♂️

On the pure analytical side: If NY is that vulnerable, even if it stays blue, then imagine what that means for states that are more purple, or the popular vote count. I know some pollsters have Trump already with 320 EC votes in his pocket, but now there's talk that he'll get the popular vote as well. Joe's struggling to match Clinton in WI, MN, MI, and PA -- but also in OR, WA, and now (apparently) NY. 

There is no way on earth that Trump will win NY or be close even if Joe has a stroke before November. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thing is, could see with all the chaos going on currently and the implicit support many D's have for it and the explicit support that a handful of D's have (looking at you Mssrs. Wheeler & DeBlasio) had for it, can see where non-highly partisan NYers could simply want for the destruction to end & consider not voting for Biden.

BUT, as soon as 45 does something they feel is "outrageous" and he'll have at least 5 tweets between now and the election & probably closer to 20 that are outrageous and they'll have their cover to go back and vote for the previously moderate senile plagiarizer.  Similar to how that idiot Lazio was actually appearing to make the race with Clinton competitive until he had the audacity to "attack" her :rolleyes: on the debate stage by walking over to her podium & handing her a document.

So, while NYS appearing to be in play today may be mildly surprising, really don't see the D's needing to spend any money to turn that trend.  Expect that 45 will take care of that himself for them.  Which stinks, because if 45 could truly be competitive we could possibly maybe see the state senate flip back to R control (or at minimum R plus disaffected D control) and slow our continual slide towards Californication.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Youre getting over your skis a bit there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Trumps most likely 3 new pickups in order I think would be

Minnesota

New Hampshire

Nevada

Minnesota and NH I could totally see, Nevada a little more difficult.   

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's not picking up Nevada after the shenanigans pulled with mail-in voting.

Beat me to it.

No way Nevada's in play.  They'll manufacture as many votes as they need to keep it in Biden's column.