Buffalo PD assault older gentleman, leave him to bleed

Reed83HOF

Without video the cops get away with murder and assault. In the Minnesota and Buffalo case the report doesn't match the video. They lie, cover for each other, plant evidence, and use excessive force too often. More widespread use of video is the only reason we are seeing what has been going on for decades.  And even when there is sufficient evidence, juries still let them off. 

Video has also shown that use of force has been justified.  Multiple body camera videos show suicide by cop when the police are attacked and they response is justified for their safety.

This man posed no threat to these cops in body armor. They assaulted him because they knew they could. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

I don’t know that. Maybe you’re right.

I think a preponderance of the evidence suggests I almost certainly am. 

And even if I'm not, I see very little point in arguing the side with the resources, political will, prosecutorial connections, and general overwhelming authority. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Will there be a police presence?  Bull horns?  Tear gas?

Only if you reasonably believe these people are going to loot the local Target or try and set fire to city hall.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Only if you reasonably believe these people are going to loot the local Target or try and set fire to city hall.

‘Reasonable belief’ is your standard for assault, tear gas, general police brutality? Lmfao your privilege has privilege 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

‘Reasonable belief’ is your standard for assault, tear gas, general police brutality? Lmfao your privilege has privilege 

That’s how you interpreted what I said? Yikes

And what privilege are you referring to exactly?

Edited by Bangarang

12 hours ago, Margarita said:

Police Union is refusing to back the policemen involved in this occurance. That's pretty shocking really

"Evans said the PBA stands "behind those officers 100%" and that the union would pay for any defense costs for the two officers, Evans said."

https://buffalonews.com/2020/06/05/57-members-of-buffalo-police-riot-response-team-resign/

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ll help you out.  There was not.  Only peaceful protestors.

But the city has been on edge for a week.

Buffalo has always been a really dangerous city, now it's amplified tenfold

I know the cops are under duress and nervous. We had cops ran over. Not to mention all the other dangerous stuff they deal with

Half of Lovejoy and the east side are boarding up buildings and stores preparing for more riots. A pizzeria had its Windows smashed in the other day down the street from me

While there are peaceful protest going on in the city a lot of people are still preparing for a bad situation

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

But the city has been on edge for a week.

Buffalo has always been a really dangerous city, now it's amplified tenfold

I know the cops are under duress and nervous. We had cops ran over. Not to mention all the other dangerous stuff they deal with

Half of Lovejoy and the east side are boarding up buildings and stores preparing for more riots. A pizzeria had its Windows smashed in the other day down the street from me

While there are peaceful protest going on in the city a lot of people are still preparing for a bad situation

I am aware.  That’s horribly unfortunate, and I personally condemn looting/violence/destruction of property, but I was speaking to the “assembly” at the time of the incident in question.  Peaceful demonstration.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I am aware.  That’s horribly unfortunate, and I personally condemn looting/violence/destruction of property, but I was speaking to the “assembly” at the time of the incident in question.  Peaceful demonstration.

And the police didn’t have a problem with the peaceful protest. Their objective was to enforce the curfew.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes that was totally a peaceful protest

Which 99% of them are in the city. It's always 1% that are bad apples

On 6/4/2020 at 10:40 PM, K-9 said:

It ain’t easy being caught in a bald faced lie. Is it simply a matter of training, fitness for the job, a combination? I honestly don’t know. But there was no justification in taking that action. 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, K-9 said:

If it was all a justified response by officers in the course of duty, then why the need to lie about the incident initially? 

Mike DeGeorge is the head of communications for the BPD and after reading his explanation in today’s BN, I accept his explanation regarding the initial reports about this incident. It seems like an honest mistake and I choose to take him at his word. 

There was also an article citing several experts on police tactics, etc., and I side with the one who is of the opinion that it was “lawful, but awful.” 

These officers and their commander needed to exercise better judgement in the moment, but I disagree with the decision to charge them with assault. A period of suspension without pay would suffice, imo. 

EDIT: Since my original posts are cited above for reference and I retract them in total, I’m gonna delete them from the thread. 

Edited by K-9

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Mike DeGeorge is the head of communications for the BPD and after reading his explanation in today’s BN, I accept his explanation regarding the initial reports about this incident. It seems like an honest mistake and I choose to take him at his word. 

There was also an article citing several experts on police tactics, etc., and I side with the one who is of the opinion that it was “lawful, but awful.” 

These officers and their commander needed to exercise better judgement in the moment, but I disagree with the decision to charge them with assault. A period of suspension without pay would suffice, imo. 

I agree with this.

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you need to ask...

Clearly I did need to ask and I’ll do it again in the hopes that you can clarify it for me.

What privilege are you referring to? 

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Clearly I did need to ask and I’ll do it again in the hopes that you can clarify it for me.

What privilege are you referring to? 

The one wherein you feel justified in asserting a 'reasonable expectation' should be the standard for police violence against peaceful protestors.

• Thank you (+1) 1