Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

That's what it will come down to won't it?  Now players who stand will be viewed as silent and complicit (even if they support their teammates).  

That's actually not the point I was making at all.  I would expect the players I named to kneel if kneeling is a "thing" because I think they have personal/family reasons to "get it".  Dawson Knox, for example, has black younger brothers.  

I would actually expect players to prefer that their fellow players NOT kneel if they don't "feel it".  Whether or not they're viewed as complicit, I would expect to be based on what else they say and do and not whether or not they make that gesture.

28 minutes ago, Beast said:

I get what you are saying but I don't have to repect kneelers, and I won't respect kneelers but I also realize that it is their right to kneel.

If that is the attitude (not "I don't choose to kneel" but "I don't respect kneelers") then I would believe that would be regarded as complicit and not supporting teammates.

But I ain't in the locker room so I don't know.  That's just my sense.

27 minutes ago, Beast said:

I get what you are saying but I don't have to repect kneelers, and I won't respect kneelers but I also realize that it is their right to kneel.

If that is the attitude (not "I don't choose to kneel" but "I don't respect kneelers") then I would believe that would be regarded as complicit and not supporting teammates.

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

That's what it will come down to won't it?  Now players who stand will be viewed as silent and complicit (even if they support their teammates).  

100%, unless you conform you will be labeled and canceled. Either follow the herd or there will be consequences. The ability to think for one's self is nonexistent anymore.

Or, at the very least, you'll have to apologize out the ass and beg for forgiveness.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tesla03 said:

and no one cares about people who think kneeling during the anthem is "disrespectful" because it isn't ...

your opinions are invalid. 

I didn't say that I felt it was personally disrespectful. I said that some people do. If you wanted to start a conversation like Kaep originally claimed it probably doesn't make sense to start that way.

Obviously it's too deep for you.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Needle said:

I didn't say that I felt it was personally disrespectful. I said that some people do. If you wanted to start a conversation like Kaep originally claimed it probably doesn't make sense to start that way.

Obviously it's too deep for you.

Almost 90% of these types aren't even remotely interested in conversation. They use buzzwords/phrases, with absolutely zero potential discourse.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Woah, don't hold back, Tell us how you Really Feel! 

Whatever one's opinion of PPP may be, the point is: "Scott's House, Scott's Rules"

If Scott feels the discussion spurred by Brees and Fromm's comments is appropriate in TSW at this time, that's how it's gonna be.   Provided it stays civil and more or less topical.

image.thumb.png.e68ee49db655e25b84bb0210c40c4f93.png

https://twitter.com/scarecrowbar/status/1270030842241392641/photo/1

The feedback from Coach Tuesday is fascinating, especially in light of the subject matter being discussed. 

I  don't look to the NFL or pro sports in general for any great life lessons.  I think as a rule, professional and elite athletes live substantially different lives than the average fan. They often show incredible commitment to the mundane. They are driven. They are used to having their @$$es kissed over an extended period of time, and that's not a bad thing necessarily, it just is. There certainly can be an entitlement mentality if its allowed to grow.   

The issue with Jake Fromm for me is that while young when he sent the message, he was old enough to know he wanted to play in the NFL. Regardless of what is in his heart, there wasn't much going on in his head. Compare that with the controversy over a 14 or 15 years old JA tweet, imo they are not even in the same stratosphere. 

The outcome of the Fromm controversy will be determined one way or the other.  I'm a believer in second chances, in acknowledging I have no idea knew one way or the other "who" he really is.   Seems like LoRax has opined from the football side of things, thats good enough for me, so time to move on for me.

As for the comments made by  Coach T, it's fascinating to me that he would launch into a tirade of angry and hateful language to paint posters on PPP as, well, hateful and angry.  Interestingly, painting folks with a broad brush, without consideration as to their character or life experiences is directly out of the playbook of hate groups everywhere. Personally, I'll keep a good thought for him and not judge him so harshly. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whoa, Son, slow down and read what I actually wrote. 

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whoa, Son, slow down and read what I actually wrote. 

I did and responded in kind. If it was not the response you desired then please ignore, as I will you

2 minutes ago, brooklynbill said:

I did and responded in kind. If it was not the response you desired then please ignore, as I will you

I think his ignore button is bigger than yours 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, brooklynbill said:

Makes me question the "process". Do the Bills do thorough back ground checks including social media? This was not the first issue with QB text messages.

They might have trouble checking cell phone texts between ex girlfriends.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, brooklynbill said:

Then, and I say this in the kindest possible way: you might wish to investigate ways to improve your reading comprehension.

It may possibly make you experience your life as less hostile and confrontational

Or not. 

I don't have a desire for any particular response except one indicating some effort in actually reading and comprehending what I wrote. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They might have trouble checking cell phone texts between ex girlfriends.

Has the source been established as an actual ex girlfriend, or is that just the assumption?

It seemed like a text between two bro-types

But yes, social media investigations by teams can not include SMS or private emails.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has the source been established as an actual ex girlfriend, or is that just the assumption?

But yes, social media investigations by teams can not include SMS or private emails.

"Silly Billy" is bro style??

Edited by LB3
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A point, but my question still remains.  Has the source been established as an actual ex girlfriend

Haven't seen anything one way or the other.

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could care less to be honest but the point was like you said it's impossible to investigate private cell phone messages.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

"Respecting the flag" continues to be an empty talking point which was invented and used to avoid uncomfortable discussion for the actual reasons of Kaepernick's protest.  

Yup, its empty to people who hold it as a symbol with deep meaning.

But if we say it stands for racial injustice that absolutely must be acknowledged.

No double standard. 

Edited by BillsFan17

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Are you this outspoken against people celebrating the confederate flag?

35 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

"Respecting the flag" continues to be an empty talking point which was invented and used to avoid uncomfortable discussion for the actual reasons of Kaepernick's protest.  

The right will never run out of excuses for why we should ignore and invalidate calls for injustice.

• Like (+1) 1