Shawshank Redemption

Irv

Got done watching Shawshank for the 100th time.  If Andy was such a damn genius, why did he go straight to the Warden when he found out that Tommy knew the truth about his wife’s and her tennis coach’s death?   What an idiot.

Edited by Irv

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Got done watching Shawshank for the 100th time.  If Andy was such a damn genius, why did he go straight to the Warden when he found out that Tommy knew the truth about his wife’s and her tennis coach’s death?   What an idiot?

Also, why not enter the sewage line as close as possible to the building's edge.  Did he have a desire to crawl through extra poop?

9 hours ago, Irv said:

Got done watching Shawshank for the 100th time.  If Andy was such a damn genius, why did he go straight to the Warden when he found out that Tommy knew the truth about his wife’s and her tennis coach’s death?   What an idiot?

He trusted the Warden being an honorable man.  He knows Bible verses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Irv, 

What the hell are you doing asking these type of questions about the best movie ever made? Stop thinking, and just enjoy! He got out, he put the bad guys to sleep, and the sisters never laid a finger on Andy again. As far as we know, Boggs lived out his days eating his meals through a straw. 

LET IT GO.

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He trusted the Warden being an honorable man.  He knows Bible verses.

The warden could not appear too honorable as he was using prison labor to line his pockets.  It was just a way to make Andy's suffering appear more Biblical in nature plus get the movie to the desired run time.  Anyways, most fictional works including television have plot holes and this was a far less offensive example in the scheme of things.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Who else was he going to tell, that would have helped him?  I usually look for plot holes in movies but that wasn't one IMHO. 

I bet you don’t trust your wife.  She’d probably go behind your back. Hamstring you. 

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The warden could not appear too honorable as he was using prison labor to line his pockets.  It was just a way to make Andy's suffering appear more Biblical in nature plus get the movie to the desired run time.  Anyways, most fictional works including television have plot holes and this was a far less offensive example in the scheme of things.

People who quote the Bible, like all the time....are always honorable people.  Thats why Im a huge Jim Baker fan....he’s the bees knees when it comes to honorable.

Steve Martin did a good job playing the Warden huh?

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

People who quote the Bible, like all the time....are always honorable people.  Thats why Im a huge Jim Baker fan....he’s the bees knees when it comes to honorable.

Steve Martin did a good job playing the Warden huh?

I don't understand the Steve Martin reference.  I thought Bob Gunton was very good as the warden.  

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who is Bob Gunton?

Still not getting you.  As to Biblical I was not trying to say knowing the Bible automatically makes one a better person.  As a matter of fact one of the most crooked people I ever knew personally went to church every Sunday.  I was just saying that the producers of Shawshank wanted Andy's "persecution" to be on par with somebody like John who was imprisoned by the Romans for not renouncing his beliefs.

Edited by RochesterRob

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Still not getting you.  As to Biblical I was not trying to say knowing the Bible automatically makes one a better person.  As a matter of fact one of the most crooked people I ever knew personally went to church every Sunday.  I was just saying that the producers of Shawshank wanted Andy's "persecution" to be on par with somebody like John who was imprisoned by the Romans for not renouncing his beliefs.

I think you’re getting John mixed up with Marcus Aerilius, father to a murdered son and husband to a murdered wife.  He will get his vengeance in this life or next.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a film dear to my heart, same-name-wise.

I chalk it up to Andy being over-exuberant about the news/info. He’s been in there 20 years at that point, yes? Iirc, as soon as Tommy tells him about it, Andy leaves his seat and hauls butt to the warden’s office. He just didn’t stop to consider things. ??‍♂️

It’s just how Stephen King wrote the original story in “Different Seasons” which was a break from his supernatural horror and on to just regular human horror & evil.

Edited by UConn James

3 hours ago, Irv said:

I bet you don’t trust your wife.  She’d probably go behind your back. Hamstring you.

I do.  She wouldn't. 

Your theory up and vanished...like a fart in the wind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1